The Simpsons Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 30th, 2007, 4:25 am

I hate to triple post, but....

The BK promotion will start July 23 and last through August 26th. And speaking of promotion, here's two pics of the toys!!

First, a cheap one that gives you the basic outline:

And second, a real glimps of the toys:

Wow.... gold! :o The only bad thing is, I'm predicting these will be sold through "non viewable" packaging. I hope not, but its certanly looking that way.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 2nd, 2007, 5:05 pm

Awesome! :)

Also, this doesn't show much new stuff, (from a few months ago) but it's cool to see Matt and you finally get to see what Al Jean looks like! :o

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 3rd, 2007, 11:33 pm

Awesome indeed! Methinks I'm gonna have to got BK every day, to collect these bad boys.

I also heard a rumor, that BK might have something else collectable for the older crowd. I hope so! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 4th, 2007, 7:13 am

Just done posting my updated version of my review for The Critic:
http://critic.nohomers.net/Special_Extr ... ction.html

One thing I wasn't aware of before was the animosity that Matt Groening showed toward Mike Reiss and Al Jean when they featured Jay Sherman on "his" show:

Now, is it me, or is the guy being a jerk here? Not only does he stamp his name all over product that his hands did not touch once, but he's not big enough to give two people who helped him gain his success a shot? Okay, I see the point about bringing in an outside character into the Simpson's world, but really, would there have been anyone else for the job?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 4th, 2007, 5:24 pm

You posted the same link twice, Ben. Here's your review. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 5th, 2007, 6:08 am

A true case of "D'oh!" :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 6th, 2007, 2:03 am

:lol:

I also just read your review, Ben. Great as always, and agree completly, espicially the webisode part!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 6th, 2007, 6:33 am

Thanks, Dan! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 6th, 2007, 6:35 pm

Even though I've never watched "The Simpsons", I may end up seeing this movie. From the previews, it looks funny.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 6th, 2007, 7:10 pm

Now that's just crazy. ;)

Anyway, just in case nobody knew, The Simpsons Movie is rated PG and is 86 minutes long. http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classifie ... enDocument

Not to shabby. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 8th, 2007, 9:54 am

Um, Dan, that's just the UK rating.

The US one could be different. Also, it's close to 87 minutes. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 8th, 2007, 12:34 pm

It's a PG-13 here in the US.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 8th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Ben wrote:Um, Dan, that's just the UK rating.
Oops, posted the wrong link. That one just confirmed the running time. I do believe WJ is right, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 9th, 2007, 3:06 am

This looks so delicious!

And its official, TV ads have started!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 9th, 2007, 4:17 am

One thing I wasn't aware of before was the animosity that Matt Groening showed toward Mike Reiss and Al Jean when they featured Jay Sherman on "his" show:

Now, is it me, or is the guy being a jerk here? Not only does he stamp his name all over product that his hands did not touch once, but he's not big enough to give two people who helped him gain his success a shot? Okay, I see the point about bringing in an outside character into the Simpson's world, but really, would there have been anyone else for the job?
I actually have read about this before....yes, I TOTALLY agree he was being a jerk about it, especially since Al Jean and Mike Reiss were responsible for season 3 and 4 o the Simpsons (and some of the best stories in the later ones)

Many consider Season 4 to be the best one out there! Now, David Mirkin and Josh Weinstein also did amazing work on 5, 6 and 7 but the heart of the series--the Monorail, the flashbacks to Marge and Homer's youth, the early Lisa stories, the emotional core--that was all under Jean and Reiss. There wouldn't be a show today without them.

Either way, the show never "endorsed" the Critic, it just had the Critic appear as a character. And it was a darn funny ep, a hundred times better than any of the Tracy Ullman shorts Greoning did on his own!!!! :roll: :roll:

Maybe I wouldn't be so harsh on Matt about this if he didn't still hold a grudge towards them now about it. Want proof? That episode with Jay Sherman and the Film Festivel is like the only one with no Greoning commentary!! Ha ha, what a surprise. He'll hold a grudge till the end I guess...:roll:

This looks so delicious!

Yes it does Dan! :D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!