"The Wild"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by 9 Ball » March 23rd, 2006, 6:32 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Gee, it's pretty cool to meet people who actually worked on the film. :)

Would you guys say it's like "Madagascar"? ;)
It's "like Madagacar" as far as both films are about Zoo animals. The plot and characters are totally different. But go and see the movie and you can judge for yourself. :wink:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 23rd, 2006, 7:06 pm

I plan to.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 23rd, 2006, 7:12 pm

It alternates between Elfman and Silvestri as to who is my favorite.
Silvestri did Roger Rabbit, didn't he? :wink:

I also love Elfman. Just got the Edward Scissorhands score. :)

The Wild sounds kinda interesting. I love all animation. Sorry that I was so skeptical about it. I'll try to be more open-minded.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 23rd, 2006, 10:37 pm

guilty as charged. seems the Toronto Police dept have little humor for a "happy fellow" doing a "bab boys bad boys... what ya going ta do when they come for you...." jig. they wouldn't beleive what i did for a living. i told them (in broken drunken Toronto street jargon) " i ddddireccct cccchildrens flllilms for DISneyyyy" and they responded "ya right, how many priors smart ass". as i was driven to the 52nd division hotel. but it's ok, i sent the arresting officer a 25lb live turkey in a crate.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 24th, 2006, 7:52 am

Well...now I see why your name is 'Spaz'.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 24th, 2006, 8:29 am

I take it this will all turn up on the eventual commentary for the movie on this fall's DVD?

Remember to plug our site! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by 9 Ball » March 24th, 2006, 10:16 am

Warning this is a shameless promotion of the Disney Movie "The Wild". These images are intended to promote the movie over the "Internet". Disney Marketing released them to us. I'm now unleashing them on the world wide web. If you already find this type of marketing trick offensive DO NOT follow these links.

I feel dirty

http://www.geocities.com/mrpranderson/l ... mall-1.gif
http://www.geocities.com/mrpranderson/n ... a_0003.gif

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by arctor » March 24th, 2006, 12:24 pm

oh lord..... spaz talking about jail, 9 Ball feeling dirty, zammit doing I don't know what....feels like old times :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 24th, 2006, 2:33 pm

And I'm going to pressume you were also working on The Wild?
Last edited by Meg on March 24th, 2006, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 24th, 2006, 2:35 pm

cg used to be a great frontier. the experimenting , the fanastic mistakes that forced one down a certain path that would have otherwise not been explored,
the dictation of a standard etc. it's weird though how cg is like a 22 year old rock star who found fame too quickly. while riding high with success, he's being lied to by his bought managers, he's experimenting with dope, he being forced to mature in an unnatural way. eventually he'll loose it all and be pumping gas somewhere in Stockton. you look at directors like Jim Cameron. ILM would have never persued the type of technology it did which jettisoned it into the digital age. it was Cameron's ideas woven into a story that were the first domino. certain directors "get it" is what i'm trying to say here. it's almost as if they are responsible when dealing with a new medium as opposed to careless and driven by mere opening weekend. theres everything to be said about "craft". Pixar is bloody good at "craft" when it comes to this medium. this is why they are called Pixar Animation and not Pixar Digital Company That Uses Really Snappy Computer Technology Ltd. the craft before the tool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Summer_of_George » March 24th, 2006, 3:18 pm

spaz wrote:hello there Mattk. the tank hasn't arrived yet so i'll have to put off crushing hippies Volkwagen vans for a while.
Forget the tank Spaz. Get yourself this BADBOY

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 24th, 2006, 3:23 pm

spaz wrote:it's weird though how cg is like a 22 year old rock star who found fame too quickly. while riding high with success, he's being lied to by his bought managers, he's experimenting with dope, he being forced to mature in an unnatural way. eventually he'll loose it all and be pumping gas somewhere in Stockton.
...or is this just Spaz talking about himself? ;)

Seriously, you make a decent point, and it's something I'm mindful of as we put toger my show at the moment. I was basically raised on the old-school movies (funnily enough I have "Earth Vs The Flying Saucers on now on the background) and want to bring as much of that to what CG gets into my projects.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 26th, 2006, 1:47 pm

I've met people who worked on a Disney movie!! (dances around and sings badly)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 27th, 2006, 1:39 am

i finally saw that "triplets of belleville" film. what the hell is the deal with all the big noses ?. i have a lot of buddies from France and i can't really say that any of them have big noses. i knew this one guy from France who came to the Joint named Daniel Jenneatte who's cranium was kind of askew , but other than that his nose was small. Christophe Hery who's one of the niced humans that God ever made, has no noticable nasal dominance. my jaw is oversized. i write that off to excessive Heinz Noodle Numbers as a kid though. it was before the time of resveritrol and lycopyne. Swiss Chalet was considered a healthy Sunday dinner, ya see.
anyhow, the colour was beautiful though the God damn film dragged. i wanted to join in the Amercian confusion as to why other people liked it because it was foreign and slow but couldn't get over the nose problem and the rotoed computer graphic bikes and toy trains. (i really hope in the future people don't roto anymore cg to look cel; it shows boys). bloody depressing given Mon Oncle and Amélie. whatever, what the hell do i know. i can still recite the entire Smokey and the Bandit movie every time it comes on. Over The Hedge looks hysterical and original. nice goin Tim. i remember Timmy boy when he was still at Post Effects in Chicago. i was at Alias and Post Effects was one of the only places that had Alias. Tim you still ride'n bikes ?

spaz

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 27th, 2006, 7:36 am

Nice review but...Why did you post it here?