Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 9th, 2005, 6:13 pm

3/5 "A snappy and inventive computer animated film whose clever storyline has something for everyone" Spirituality and Health Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat

3.5/5 "Disney is also releasing this movie in a new Dolby digital projected 3D format. If a theatre near you offers this, check it out in this format for sure." 7M Pictures Kevin Carr

4/5 "a rip-snorting flight of adventure fantasy that has an unfettered imagination and a wicked sense of humor" Killer Movie Reviews Andrea Chase

3/4 "The invasion material is acceptably funny." USA Today Mike Clark

3/4 "This wild and unexpected ride should delight younger children with its bright colors and constant chaos, while adults are likely to be charmed by the witty banter, subtle one-liners and a sweet father-son relationship." TV Guide's Movie Guide Angel Cohn
"It's one of the funniest, most charming and most exhilarating movies in years." TIME Magazine Richard Corliss
"Basic, colorful, storybook graphics dominate the film's look, while first-rate voice work gives it a zestful personality." Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Jack Garner

3.5/4 "Most of the time, this bird is that rare chicken: one that really flies." Reel.com Pam Grady

4.5/5 "full of big laughs from beginning to end" Hero Realm Stefan Halley

3/4 "Destined to become a babysitter's top tot-tempering tool." Palo Alto Weekly Tyler Hanley

3/4 "... as cluttered as the movie gets before the ending, it's funny throughout, with some 1970s and '80s music thrown in to keep adults happy." San Francisco Chronicle Peter Hartlaub

3/4 "What makes this chick click is the humor." St. Paul Pioneer Press Chris Hewitt (St. Paul)

2/4 "The animators are - - you almost no longer have to say this - - fabulous and full of mischief, weaving enough ironic amusements into the story for the longer of tooth." Washington Post Stephen Hunter
"Despite the aspirations of its scrappy hero, it does not stand out among the recent crop of computer-animated features. But it fits in just fine." Denton Record Chronicle (TX) Todd Jorgenson

3/4 "More than a loving, clever riff on a fable, Chicken Little is a grade-school primer on the language of movies with a capital M." Denver Post Lisa Kennedy

3/5 "Espérons que maintenant que Pixar n’est plus là pour l’invention en animation, Disney retrouvera vite l’inspiration du passé pour ses prochains efforts." EnPrimeur.ca Nicolas Lacroix

3/4 "There is no doubt the movie is a wannabe, but on those terms it works." Sun Publications (Chicago, IL) Josh Larsen

3/4 "The originality and brightness of Chicken Little resides in its characters, whose names may be familiar from children's books, but whose personalities are unique." Detroit Free Press Terry Lawson

3/4 "a nice story and enough energy to make Disney’s latest film into a solid crowd-pleaser" Sean the Movie Guy Sean McBride

3/4 "The movie is fun for all ages, and besides – who could resist this charming, insecure, heroic little clucker?" Aisle Seat Mike McGranaghan

3.5/4 "With its charming characters and nonstop jokes, this movie is worth crossing the road to see." Salt Lake Tribune Sean Means

2.5/4 "Chicken Little doesn't contain an original bone in its animated body, but it combines its derivations well enough to entertain kids." Sacramento Bee Carla Meyer

B+ "Though it has meticulous detail, it has a nicely casual feel, due in part to a mix-tape selection of pop songs and jokes that perfectly offset the tension and sentiment." Movie Mom at Yahoo! Movies Nell Minow

A- "Chicken Little provides big family fun." Beaumont Journal Danny Minton

3/4 "Amusing enough to keep the adults from being bored, while sure to please younger children." Three Movie Buffs Scott Nash

3/5 "Not a classic, but it's an entertaining, cute film and a promising start for Disney's new division." IGN FilmForce Jeff Otto

2.5/4 "Kids will be delighted by the cute-as-a-button protagonist and a comedy/sci-fi plot that offers some pint-sized thrills without ever getting too scary." TheMovieBoy.com Dustin Putman

A- "The visuals are irrepressibly witty and so is the script, which morphs from the classic fable into a spoof on War of the Worlds." Christian Science Monitor Peter Rainer

3/4 "Oddly enough, Walt Disney Pictures breaks through the glass ceiling of modern animation with a tale about the sky falling." San Antonio Express-News Larry Ratliff
"A consistently amusing, often inspired family romp." Hollywood Reporter Michael Rechtshaffen
"not exactly a bold step forward. ...If the film is not destined to be remembered as one of Disney's enduring classics, it's enjoyable on its own terms..." Kalamazoo Gazette James Sanford

3/4 "It loses some of its emotional punch as the plot complications pile up." Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Mary-Liz Shaw
"What Chicken Little does have going for it first and foremost are some fun, inviting characters fresh enough to sustain the film’s other shortcomings." FilmStew.com Brent Simon

B- "Chicken Little is a family film, and its humor is decidedly of the G-rated arena. How refreshingly different…" Now Playing Magazine Brent Simon

B+ "A wonky, whacked-out, energetic comedy that fills its 77 minutes with more merriment than most films manage in 100" EricDSnider.com Eric D. Snider

"Given Disney's marketing muscle, most kids will probably se Chicken Little whether they want to or not." Philadelphia Daily News Gary Thompson
"A quick, fast paced pop culture fest like the best animated movies." About.com Fred Topel

9.5/10 "This movie's great! This movie's great! Hurry, tell everyone that it's great! Why are you looking at me like I'm crazy? It really is great!" Supercala.com John Venable

3/4 "This digitally animated feature is not quite as funny as we may have hoped. But it does have a peculiar, goofy sweetness to it, and the sheer inventiveness of the whole thing makes it pretty enjoyable." Deseret News, Salt Lake City Jeff Vice

2.5/4 "Chicken Little doesn't lay an egg, but it doesn't fly like a majestic eagle either." WaffleMovies.com Willie Waffle
(36 - 40) of 40 Prev < Page 12

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 9th, 2005, 6:58 pm

You posted that on another thread, isaac.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 9th, 2005, 6:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 9th, 2005, 7:05 pm

bullwinkle wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:?: :?: :?: :?:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 9th, 2005, 7:23 pm

Meg wrote:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 9th, 2005, 9:15 pm

Wait...what just happened?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 9th, 2005, 10:57 pm

DAMNIT BULLWINKLE SHUT UP!

good LORD.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 9th, 2005, 11:03 pm

:( :( :( :( :( :( :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 11th, 2005, 10:28 am

Well, that was a complete waste of time... :roll:

As I said from the initial trailer, ChickLit feels as if all the execs in the room thought they had the "best gag" and ordered it in.

I haven't seen it yet (Feb in the UK! :() but can guess that some of the gags are going to feel forced in that way.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Josh B » November 11th, 2005, 12:23 pm

I went to go see it and I really liked it, I thought it was really a great movie. I'm not one of the types who follow what people say or think. I'm someone who believes you can't really judge a movie from what other people say about it because that's their opinion. You might have a totally different opinion then someone from say The New York Times.But once again that's my opinion.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 11th, 2005, 7:15 pm

cool at least somebody liked it. i loved chicken little. did you watch it in 3D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » November 11th, 2005, 7:30 pm

I've just seen Chicken Little and I have to admit that it was very entertaining, cute, nicely executed movie :) One of the best animated features this year. I liked it much more than Robots, Madagascar, much much more than Valiant and 2004 Sharktale. It was quite tasty mix of Disney formula with Dreamworks formula plus a bit of some special "Dindal" ingredient :) Quite good start for new Disney's CG era. Can't wait for "Meet the Robinsons" :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 11th, 2005, 8:50 pm

what did you just say. can you spell more clearly. thanks.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 11th, 2005, 8:51 pm

cool yeah chicken little a little more funny than Madagascar.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 11th, 2005, 9:55 pm

bullwinkle wrote:what did you just say. can you spell more clearly. thanks.
LOL!