AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Major League Baseball - Chicken Little Ad

Post by harkin » October 26th, 2005, 5:21 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Marketing..?

Post by harkin » October 27th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Hey, where's all the marketing for Chicken Little?
Anyone else find it strange that there seems to be a limited
number of trailers on TV right now.

Is it more normal to have a marketing blitz take place a week
before it comes out? I really thought we'd be inundated with ads
by now.
:?

Anyone having a different experience anywhere else? I'm in
Southern. CA.

-harkin

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » October 27th, 2005, 3:32 pm

Im in Holland so I cant judge its marketing campaign but I keep hearing from others its marketing is over the top. We'll see. I'm really starting to like the Chicken Little character, looks like he has a fun personality. I loved it when he sang "I am the champion". Too cute

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Chiken Little PUMPKIN!

Post by JustinWilliams » October 29th, 2005, 11:54 am

A friend of mine, Tristan, just told me about this cool Chicken Little pumpkin design - thought it may be good timing to mention it ;) The site also has other pumpkin designs on it ;) Image

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 29th, 2005, 3:56 pm

I told you he is everywhere.

I think I'm going to go insane, now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 29th, 2005, 4:17 pm

Early review...A few spoilers, though.

http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/film_ ... sp?ID=1892

OUCH. :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

WATCH THE *WHOLE* CHICKEN LITTLE MOVIE ONLINE NOW!

Post by JustinWilliams » October 29th, 2005, 5:37 pm

I just watched the Chicken Little film online! I love how they used traditional storytelling to make such an emotionally-engaging feature. I think they're on to something here....The film was great! Like kids had made it :)
Last edited by JustinWilliams on October 30th, 2005, 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2005, 6:23 pm

This is the latest from the Business of Animation Blog: (kinda interesting)

Let's take another trip around the industry to see what's going on. ...continued...

The Disney marketing machine is in full force to promote Chicken Little. I can't remember the last time I have seen this much marketing for a non-Pixar film. They really want to see this movie make some money, and I'm really happy they are actually making a full-out-effort. I don't often see a movie on opening day, but for Chicken Little I plan on watching the 3-D projected version first thing. Gimmick or not (I don't think it is), this is very cool and could be a new spark for the industry.

There are stories floating around the net regarding Disney and Pixar relationship. They say that the success of Chicken Little will help determine if they get back in bed with each other. I have to agree with that assumption. If Chicken Little does well, there is less chance of a favorable deal for Pixar with Disney. Personally I would like to see the two split and I still think they will. Disney is on to something and they have a big enough ego that they think they can take Pixar down several notches. Maybe they can.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2005, 8:55 pm

Gawd, they are desperate for this to be a hit.

The more I hear about it, though, the lighter it seems. Sounds like a frantically over the top movie that will date faster than a DreamWorks offering.

And, really, is playing about with The Lion King the ONLY thing Disney can do any more?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

is it just me chicken little

Post by isaac15 » October 29th, 2005, 9:30 pm

is it just me or is any one really exited to see chicken little. i love emperors new grove it is one of my fav. the art of the movie was ok. i like cumpter animated better. and i think the only think that was wrong with emperors new grove was that they did it in 2d. and i think a lot of people did not watch because of that. the comedy in emperors new grove is so good. and i hope that chicken little is the same way. i am so glad mark dindal made chicken little. and i think cumpter animated is better than 2d so i am really exited to see this. the comedy in emerors new grove. and animated like shrek 2. what more can i ask for. i am so exited to see the movie. what are your thoughts
Last edited by isaac15 on November 3rd, 2005, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » October 29th, 2005, 11:30 pm

Ben wrote:Gawd, they are desperate for this to be a hit.
Disney did not make this pumpkin nor do they have anything to do with it. All they did was let the Pumpkin Lady make a CL pattern (which I presume she made) publically available.

-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » October 29th, 2005, 11:39 pm

Wow, when Disney goes big, they go big. The special effects were amazing. At times, I was wondering just how they did it. :)

Seriously though, this was very good considering who made it.

-Michael
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » October 30th, 2005, 5:04 am

I don't mean to be rude, but "cumpter" animation is not the correct spelling. You should spell with the word "computer". :)

Anyway, I am mixed on the excitement. On the one hand, I'm angry they scrapped 2D at Disney in order to get a decent profit and that one of the outcomes of this murder is this movie, so I've always had a slight negative bias towards the film because of that. I also don't like the general designs...they just look somewhat lacklustre, as does the plot. On the other hand, this is a mild milestone in the Disney canon, so it should be interesting to see if only for my deep interest in animation. So, I'm mixed, though I'm leaning towards lack of excitement. :P
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » October 30th, 2005, 5:41 am

The thought of Emperor's New Groove in CGI just makes me wanna scream... ew. The best thing about it was the animation. Yzma's "Cruella-look" could have never been realised in CGI AT THAT TIME. It would've been horrible. What I love about the animation in New Groove, that eventhough backgrounds and character animation are pretty much perfect, it doesn't scream "look at the shiny animation and the CG waterfalls". That's what always distracts me about movies like Tarzan, the Lion King and Treasure Planet. Everything works perfect in New Groove

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 30th, 2005, 7:53 am

Yeah, right. Disney let the Pumpkin Lady infringe their copyright over their latest "hot" property character and didn't do anything about it?

Wonder why? Oh, could be that they have an animated feature coming out soon that they are desperate to be a hit.

;)