Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by Ben » May 4th, 2014, 7:38 pm

Well Frozen was made because Tangled was a hit. Frozen's direct "sequel" will be the stage show, indirectly it will more than likely lead to a special or two and more fairytale movies. I don't think *any*one is interested in seeing a "Frozen 2" displayed on a marquee!

And, yeah, I also figured that Anna would discover her hitherto unknown fire power when I first saw the film, and still think that would have been a more interesting way to go with it. The whole trolls point and lack of reasoning for Elsa to have icy snow powers continues to bother me...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 4th, 2014, 9:48 pm

droosan wrote:.. or, perhaps a 'sequel short', like Tangled Ever After.
As I recall, everyone was screaming for a Tangled sequel as well, to "validate" the Lasseter Renaissance--
And since there wasn't really a feature-length story to tell after the wedding (c'mon, she's got short brown hair now), the five-minute short half-promoted the "real-life" wedding/princess stunt and the rest was "There, we recognized the movie's existence in the studio canon along with the 'real' films, now shaddup!" ;)

With everything else on their plate, think anything Frozen on film would be lucky to get a TV special, and then rather heavily Olaf/Sven-sidetracked at that. Frankly, think they gave us the sequel-short FIRST, with that teaser.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » May 4th, 2014, 9:58 pm

I'm with Ben, let the sequel be another fairytale musical. Using the same songwriting team. That way you can have the promotion gimmick that was used in the 90s, from the song writing team of Mermaid/Beauty/Aladdin but this time obviously using Frozen. It's probably the main reason I'm so happy for Frozen's success, not becuase of the story or the characters but because it means that Lasster might be prepared to produce mroe musicals at Disney. But please don't ask for Randy Newman, stick to those writers who've had success on Broadway (ie won a Tony)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » May 5th, 2014, 4:15 am

I guess I'm the only one that liked that Anna didn't suddenly manifest fire powers. I would have (figuratively) rolled my eyes if that had happened.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 5th, 2014, 4:20 am

Bill1978 wrote:I'm with Ben, let the sequel be another fairytale musical. Using the same songwriting team.
And give it to John Musker & Ron Clements, who not only don't guy-bash, but also know how to shoot musical numbers that don't just stand around the middle of some imaginary Broadway stage. :P
If anyone can finally teach the song/screenwriters how to do it, they can.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2014, 6:30 am

I just said I was expecting Anna to sprout fire power, not that I would have liked it. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » May 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm

"By your powers combined!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 5th, 2014, 5:31 pm

.. or, maybe:

:lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 5th, 2014, 10:34 pm

That is the best thing I've seen all day.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 5th, 2014, 11:27 pm

Pure. Awesome! 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 8th, 2014, 8:16 am

I just giggled out loud.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 8th, 2014, 2:14 pm

Whose is that? I've GOT to repost that at the next fan-fiction. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 8th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Well, it was originally a 10-minute 'paste-up' I'd made in Photoshop during my lunch-break, mixing a Super Friends screen-grab with heads clipped from the DeviantArt 'toon which I'd posted a few pages back.

It was made to be used as a kooky reply to Vernadyn's Captain Planet quote .. it hadn't occured to me that it may be the sort of thing that anyone would want to re-post elsewhere. :shock:

I've just taken the time to re-draw the pic from scratch -- so that it's not a 'franken-mash' of other people's artwork.

Though, I'm not sure if I don't prefer that 'quicky-Photoshop' version .. :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 8th, 2014, 7:04 pm

It was made to be used as a kooky reply to Vernadyn's Captain Planet quote .. it hadn't occured to me that it may be the sort of thing that anyone would want to re-post elsewhere. :shock:
It's accidental genius, m'friend: :) (Although, yes, it's better if used in combination with the Captain Planet joke.)
If you've heard half of the "Anna's fire powers!" attempts for fans to overdo their identification/fan-worship of the story, think up their own sequels, and turn the simple Disney-ized fairy tale into elaborate comic-book fantasy epics, it perfectly satirizes how off the subject most of the fan ravings are...Ol' truthful mirror hurts.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 8th, 2014, 11:42 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."