Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 4th, 2005, 10:47 pm

What people? Have you been involved in a test screening for Chicken Little, or know someone who was? I mean those as serious questions, not as comebacks.

The worst I have read recently about Chicken Little is that it is good, not great, and will be a hit, not a blockbuster.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 6th, 2005, 7:56 pm

Do you mean the opinon of people who've seen the ads Meg? :?:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 7th, 2005, 3:04 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Do you mean the opinon of people who've seen the ads Meg? :?:
Yes. People I know and stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 7th, 2005, 10:22 pm

Ten minutes of rough story boards, hand-drawn animatics, and raw computer animation were shown from the tentatively titled "American Dog," from director Chris Sanders ("Lilo & Stitch"), which is scheduled for release in 2007. Sanders' canine, a TV star, drinks martinis with starlets and showboats on sets until he is suddenly abandoned in his trailer in the Nevada desert where he meets up with a radioactive rabbit and a one-eyed cat who are trying to find new homes.

Also shown were brief test shots from "Rapunzel Unbraided," scheduled for release in 2008. Longtime Disney animator Glenn Keane, best known for animating the Beast in 1991's "Beauty and the Beast," is making his directorial debut with the movie starring a computer-animated princess.
These films both sound really cool. It'll be interesting to see if Rapunzal will be in the "epic story" mode of princesses back in the 90s, or more cartoon-like CGI. The Sanders film also sounds very cool even though the description kind of reminds me of Brian from Family Guy. :roll: (J/K)
Anybody remember if Eisner, Katzenberg, or any of the other big-name CEOs ever take a salary cut so steep in a declining revenues yet? Didn't think so!)
K actually doesn't make a salary from DreamWorks. He might be getting bonuses from the IPO (or maybe not considering the stock performance) but as far as making a salary, pretty much nada. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » September 8th, 2005, 4:37 am

I've heard from some people who seen it and they said it was awesome. Short and fast paced but really funny. New Groove funny.

But fact is, we won't really know untill it hits theaters so we can see for ourselves.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 17th, 2005, 3:18 am

Does anyone know why the title font for Chicken Little has been changed? I think the original font was a more accurate reflection of the film's feel.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 17th, 2005, 7:39 am

Marketing and familliarity.

Disney are desperate for this to hit big, so how better than to make it look like a million other successful CGI film posters?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 17th, 2005, 7:49 am

Mickey A wrote:Does anyone know why the title font for Chicken Little has been changed? I think the original font was a more accurate reflection of the film's feel.
I liked the old font better too. The new one reminds me of...football. :?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 17th, 2005, 1:34 pm

Your post made me laugh, Meg. :) What the new font reminds me of is this: http://tinyurl.com/cmbmj (look at the font).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 17th, 2005, 1:50 pm

Mickey A wrote:Your post made me laugh, Meg. :) What the new font reminds me of is this: http://tinyurl.com/cmbmj (look at the font).
Huh, it does look like that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » September 17th, 2005, 2:26 pm

New font really lacks any imagination and originality!! That is plain flat!! The old one was indeed funny and colorful!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 17th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Kinoo wrote:New font really lacks any imagination and originality!! That is plain flat!! The old one was indeed funny and colorful!
I know! What were they thinking?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 17th, 2005, 4:06 pm

D'you think they'll change it back if we whine enough?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 17th, 2005, 7:01 pm

Doubt it. :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 18th, 2005, 12:01 am

Meg wrote:D'you think they'll change it back if we whine enough?
I don't know about this time, but fans voicing their concerns to Disney has worked in the past.