Disney Movie Rewards

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 15th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Daniel wrote:Yep, you called it. It's okay, I suppose, I see it's one of those sweepstakes where you have to have a participating code... bummer. I have at least one chance currently with Pinocchio!

Also, HUGE NEWS! Disney has now launched D23! It was for that "Are You 23?" advertisment.
Well,those sweepstakes sucks thought,and they used to have great sweepstakes like Little Mermaid,Pirates Of The Caribbean and more,I wonder if Bolt will have sweepstakes too,so this Disney 23 have concept arts and other stuff to collect? I did heared about this "Are you 23?" stuff but never thought it will be this,it's neat :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Aaron_03 » March 17th, 2009, 12:43 am

Wow! I can't believe I got 250 points from Pinocchio Blu Ray.

I have 825 and I'm saving up for ..

http://disney.eprize.net/movierewards/i ... 40x140.jpg

It's 3500 points... still got a ways to go.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 19th, 2009, 4:30 am

(In my best Bobcat Goldthwait impersonation):
I'm a recovering Disneyholic and a member of both clubs.

I recently ordered 4 titles for $1 to start my DMC membership --
The Monkey's Uncle, Donald in Mathmagic Land, Zorro Season 1 Volume 1, and Duck Tales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp.

Yeah, yeah, I know Mathmagic Land was on the last Donald Treasures release, but I wanted it separate from those discs.

(Best snarling crazy Bobcat voice):
Thanks for listening to me!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 19th, 2009, 5:19 pm

If anyone is interested in the Duck Tales disc, I wouldn't mind going for the Donald/Duck twin pack. I already have Duck Tales, but having Mathmagic Land separately is something I'd go for, which means I'd have an extra DT:TM DVD. Anyone wanna make me an offer if I were to redeem points for those?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 7th, 2009, 4:16 pm

Exiting news! DisneyShopping is now offering a couple of titles that have been up until now exclusive to the Disney Movie Club. And at fair prices to boot. Introductory titles include: "Zorro: The Complete First Season", "The Monkey's Uncle" and "So Dear to My Heart"! Awesome! Now I don't have to sign up for that silly club and endure their membership or have to rely on Amazon or eBay - much more convenient and I'm sure if they sell good they'll continue to add more titles.

Hey Ben, if that offer is still good, I wouldn't mind getting The Monkey's Uncle and trading it for the Duck Tales movie. I know that's one title you've been wanting. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 7th, 2009, 4:57 pm

Let's get my people to PM your people. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 7th, 2009, 11:10 pm

I just received So Dear to My Heart from DMR and watched it with the family last weekend. Aside from being a sweet film, the animated sequences were fantastic. Amazing that I had not ever seen much about this film before, aside from the Maltin Disney Films book.

That was my third Disney Movie Rewards DVD. The first was the complete first season of Zorro (sweet!), the second was DuckTales (Ben posted about Mathmagic Land just after I sold mine on eBay), and I just ordered Rob Roy on Ben's recommendation (I might've gone for the live action Robin Hood, but it looks like it's getting a retail version soon). I wish that DMR had Monkey's Uncle listed, but it's not curently.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 7th, 2009, 11:37 pm

Well, I could always buy two, y'know. ;)

Definitely need to buy So Dear to My Heart for myself, among others. This is still real cool, finally Disney selling their exclusives on their own shopping website! With no strings attached, yay!

Edit: DMR has added one new title (by my count): The Legend Of Lobo.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » April 8th, 2009, 1:29 am

Wow... So I totally disregarded the whole DMR thing for quite a while. After recently browsing through the DMR site out of curiosity, I was surprised to see that there was stuff that I'd actually want to redeem points for.

Grr... I really want that Mathmagic Land DVD, but after going through a year's worth of Disney titles that I've purchased, I only managed to find about half of all my codes.

I've totally been missing out... o____o

However I did find enough to order that Bolt bobble-head figure. ^___^

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 8th, 2009, 1:42 am

You... tossed out your codes?

Live and learn, youngster. :)

I asked my sister recently for her codes, as she had a bunch of Disney DVDs that I could never be bothered to buy (e.g. some cheapquels). However, she lets her kids handle the cases, and they had taken out all the inserts, which were likely later thrown out. My sister had no idea they might be worth something. Argh.

Fortunately, my kids know better. I've always taught them to handle Daddy's treasures carefully.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 8th, 2009, 5:03 pm

I actually did the same thing, throwing away the codes since I wasn't a member yet. After a while though, I just left them in the cases and thought to myself "I'll join one day" and then came the coin promotion and poof it pushed me! Couldn't be more happier since joining.
Whippet Angel wrote:However I did find enough to order that Bolt bobble-head figure. ^___^
Good timing! As you probably saw, it states "Limited Quantities" so you got your order in right before they sold out. They might get more, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm somewhat tempted for the Bobble, but I just don't think it's cute enough. The novelty of it being based on the one in the movie is intriguing, but his face... gah. :?

Anyhoo, here's a way everyone can earn 100 points! After logging in, go to the tab "How It Works" when you see the bottom bar appear, click "Enter Code" from there you should see four spaces to put codes, put jiminy, superbark, budderball and papers in the exact order, (one word for each blank) hit enter and tada you should have earned 100 points and receive this message:
CONGRATULATIONS!

You just validated 4 codes for 100 points.

CODE POINTS DESCRIPTION
JIMINY 10 Jiminy Bonus Code
SUPERBARK 15 Superbark Bonus Code
BUDDERBALL 25 Budderball Bonus Code
PAPERS 50 Papers Bonus Code

Remember, with Disney Movie Rewards, you are the star in this Disney adventure!

Be sure to collect more points toward fantastic Disney Movie Rewards by continuing to do what you and your family enjoy doing already - watching Disney movies!

There's always something new and exciting going on at Disney Movie Rewards, so come back and visit often to see what's new.
Pretty cool, eh? :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 8th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Excellent!

I just got the member update email with how to go about collecting these, but not having seen Space Buddies or the other kid-flick that you needed to have seen, I had no idea on what the last two were! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » April 8th, 2009, 7:58 pm

Cool, thanks Dan!

Yeah, I usually tend to save that sort of stuff "just in case", but I suspect my old roommates might have been responsible for tossing the missing ones... :(

Banned
Banned

Post by Christmas_Boy42 » April 9th, 2009, 2:18 am

If anyone cares the titles I have redeemed for are:

Duck Tales the Movie
Tall Tale
Geppetto
Robin Hood
Rob Roy the Highland Rogue
Kidknapped
So Dear to My Heart

and I think there have been 2 others. I'm only 800 points from the complete Zorro. I have two accounts going where a friend of mine redeems his points that are double for me in exchange for me doing site work for him. On his account I'm 100 points from the Fighting Prince of Dongel. I've been wanting to get A Tiger Walks too and hope they put A Mom For Christmas Up this fall so I may not redeem for Zorro when I have my points.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 9th, 2009, 4:18 pm

Looks like they added another new title - "Ride a Wild Pony".

Hey Whippet, I'm not sure if you've come across it yet, but if you move your mouse on the "Members Benefits" button on the DMR page and wait to see the bottom bar appear, click "Special Offers". They have cool stuff once in a while, of particular interest they have an offer going on right now for a free Bolt poster! Would go great with your bobble. ;)

I would definitely recommend the WALL-E poster too, if you think it look good.