AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » July 7th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Ben wrote:Best DWA movie?
Antz would get my vote for that title.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 7th, 2008, 3:30 pm

That's a good question. What does everyone consider DreamWorks' best? Obviously I think KFP is the winner by far.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 7th, 2008, 6:29 pm

I've also heard nothing but good things about Hancock, but i trust my friend's opinions over actual movie critics.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 8th, 2008, 7:36 am

If we're talking non-Aardman, CG-only, then Antz would be my pick too, me thinks, for all-round entertainment.

I actually liked Bee Movie a lot more than some others, too, but the rest of the DWA field is harder to make up. Shrek 2, Bee Movie, Kung Fu Panda...they would be up there for me, and Over The Hedge wasn't bad either, with the likes of Madagascar and the loud and garish Shark Tale right at the bottom.

However, I think the lackluster Shrek 3 has taken away some of the appeal of that series, and though it's entertaining, Bee Movie isn't really a multi-viewable movie.

So I'd say Antz and KFP would be my top two - KFP mostly for the awesomeness of the animation and cinematographic visuals; easily their best looking since the tradigital Spirit.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 8th, 2008, 10:14 am

oh god Shrek 3 was so so awful.

ANYWAY, saw Hancock last night. Thought it was awesome. They probably could have done without the twist of the movie, but you get good ol Will Smith awesomeness and really what else to do you need.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 8th, 2008, 5:51 pm

Shrek 3 is Dreamworks best.

Anyway, here is the Hotel For Dogs trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpRxC-aQ5Ok

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 9th, 2008, 9:50 am

With respect, Shrek The Third is by no means DreamWorks' best film, in story, animation or characters.

You may have enjoyed it most, and that's your personal taste, but it is not the Studio's best film. Not by a very long shot.

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » July 9th, 2008, 12:27 pm

I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda yet but I think that Shark Tale and the Shrek films were the best Dreamworks films.
Actually,I agree with American_dog_2008-It wasn't as funny the other Shrek films but I think it was good,even better then the first Shrek (Well,because the first Shrek was a Disney parody and there wasn't a intersting plot but here there is a better one).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 9th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Saw "Wanted" this afternoon. It was AWESOME!!! Perhaps a little too bloody and profane for my tastes, but boy, was it a lot of fun to watch!!!

I also caught "Hancock" before that. I actually thought that the movie became a lot more interesting once the second half got going, but I seem to be in the minority when it comes to that opinion.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 17th, 2008, 10:10 am

I got to see Hellboy 2 last night, which I was very excited about since I'm a big Hellboy fangirl...I loved it, and thought it was even better than the original. I highly recommend it - the amount of imagination and creativity stuffed into this film blew my mind!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 17th, 2008, 10:23 am

I *can't wait* to see "Hellboy II"! I've been hearing nothing but great things about it. I just hope that I'm able to find time to catch it before it leaves theaters. :(
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 17th, 2008, 10:30 am

I hope you do too! It's a great movie.

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » July 18th, 2008, 4:36 pm

Second Beverly Hills Chihuahua trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9CbMBrNawo

No mas!

Viva Chihuahua!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 22nd, 2008, 10:37 am

I was able to catch "Hellboy II" yesterday after I saw Batman. It was incredible! Seriously, I would say that this film is an absolute must-see on the big screen. It was like nothing I had ever seen before!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 22nd, 2008, 10:40 am

Glad you enjoyed it WJ! :)