Sleeping Beauty: Platinum Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 2nd, 2008, 1:46 pm

Right here on the forum - Private Message me. PM, right!?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 5th, 2008, 5:10 am

Here we go:
"The Games And Activites menu have DisneyPedia:Life Under The Sea,did you knew that octopus can change colors? or that shark dosn't really eat? or that Disney voiceovers can get really annyoing sometimes? this features tells a lot of intersting fact about crabs,fishes,octopuses,eels and sharks.
Under the Sea Adventure: A Virtual Ride Inspired By Disney Imagineers give us a look at the canceled Little Mermaid ride in DisneyLand,Ride the Attraction gives a CGI version of it with 2-D characters,the ride is pretty good and it show all the detailes unlike the DisneyLand rides,and in the ride Sebastian thinks he's the star of the film,yep,he just told Ariel to "Stay under da sea,Ariel,we have all da fishes" and he's the star of the film!,you can also play it with commentary.
Ride with the Imagineers shows concept arts and etc.
Behind The Ride That Almost Was with Disney Imagineers is a behind the scenes short of the ride".
And in other news,here's the final Blu-Ray cover:
Bah,why blue? (No,it's not funny because it's Blu-ray!) it ruines,I really wanted something new :? like Aurora and Phillip dancing,the DVD cover also should have been Aurora and Phillip dancing but this one is also good :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 5th, 2008, 8:47 am

See, I told you that wasn't the Blu-Ray cover, above. :)

Aweee....not special packaging or slipcover? :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 5th, 2008, 9:22 am

Yeah but I didn't think it whould be something like this!:
Actually,there is special packaging:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 9th, 2008, 11:07 am

Official website!!!:
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/anima ... ingbeauty/
You can't find in the Disney DVD page-I found when I worte WWW.SleepingBeautyDVD.com.
The website just have the trailer (with the new voices,the one we've seen) and a sneak peek who's just a few minutes version of the film and cut a lot of lines ("She shall prick her finger on a spindle of a spinning wheel" and then what? :P),I guess that in the summer we"ll get an updated website with wallpapers,sneak peek of the features,games,sweepstakes and etc.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 17th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Although the new voices are just for the trailer, and probably the menus as Once has been saying, I don't like them. Ugh. :?

I actually do like the cover for the Blu-ray, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » April 17th, 2008, 4:19 pm

Daniel wrote:Although the new voices are just for the trailer, and probably the menus as Once has been saying, I don't like them. Ugh. :?

I actually do like the cover for the Blu-ray, though.
You now that new voices are from video games and etc.? (I have no idea if it's Flora's,Founa's and Merriweather's voices from Enchanted Tales but I think it's from Kingdom Hearts II and Maleficent's voice is from House Of Mouse and Kingdom Hearts,and I have no idea about Phillip's voice),I hope that Jennifer Hale will voice Aurora in the menus :D.
It's kinda werid it's blue and not purple :?.
How's my avater,by the way? :D.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 13th, 2008, 12:48 am

Some video from Disney's press demonstration of BD Live features

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 13th, 2008, 12:52 am

2.55:1 aspect!

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » June 13th, 2008, 5:47 am

I like the cover too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » June 13th, 2008, 9:33 am

James wrote:Some video from Disney's press demonstration of BD Live features
I am utterly unimpressed with these BD Live features. When I go to the theater, I want to enjoy the movie without people talking, interruptions, commercials, etc. Why would I want those things when I watch a movie at home?

Maybe young people today (boy, do I sound old) like to multi-task, but when I want to watch a movie, I just want to watch the movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » June 13th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Thanks James :D.
Didn't liked that chat so much but still :D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Sleeping BD Live

Post by Dusterian » June 13th, 2008, 3:51 pm

Well Phil, I was a young teenager until my birthday a little while ago and I also just want to watch the movie. However, after seeing the features I did like the idea of talking to friends I only know online about a movie, and beating them at knowledge about it. But only later, after I've seen the movie in it's restored hi-def glory for a while, and then only use the features sometimes.

Today's new everything seems to cater to lower attention spans and doing everything faster and all at once, flicking back and forth, but I suspect technology and new things are coming out so fast, we're merely trying to keep up. They should think about slowing down and taking their time, but big companies want to beat everyone to the punch.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Sleeping BD Live

Post by EricJ » June 14th, 2008, 12:48 am

Particularly as Sony and Disney, the chief evangelists of Blu, are still fighting last year's war, to prove that they can "do" more than HD.
Except now, they're fighting a media that's drunk Microsoft's kool-aid that "nobody's buying it", and "the public is apathetic toward hi-def", yada-three...

As a result, we're more likely to see all-out stunts in every new Blu release development, until the industry can saturate itself a little more, the companies can get over their defensiveness complexes, and the public still buys the disks as usual--
As for now, the SB Disney BD-Live press statement to the merchants practically dripped with "THIS new gimcrack is sure to draw them like flies!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 14th, 2008, 1:14 am

Wow. Disagree with you guys completely. BD-Live has been planned for several years now and has just now become available in several players. This isn't a gimmick or a ploy. It's a feature that will take us yet another step beyond DVD. Yes, the implementations may not be to everyone's fancy on this disc. But that doesn't mean those are the only things that can be done. We're at the beginning of this so companies are just starting to figure ways to use the technology.