Most underrated Disney song?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 19th, 2005, 10:22 pm

I think the Home on the Range stuff is pretty good but it seems like whenever anybody gets to a HOTR song on my radio station they log off.

I actually like the theme song from Alice in Wonderland but don't know here to find it. Is there a soundtrack CD?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2005, 12:09 pm

ShyViolet wrote:"
Appreciate The Lady"
Just a guess....Aristocats?? Rescuers?? They both have "regal ladies" in them.
I don't think the songs in A Goofy Movie get much recognition. At least not critically
I'm sure the songs were good though.
None of those. Anyone know "Appreciate The Lady"? ;)

Lester's Possum Park was the best in Goofy Movie! :)

Some good songs being mentioned here, but like I said, I think you need to look at stuff written for interweaving into the movies themselves rather than the pop stuff (Why Should I Worry and Once Upon A Time In NYC are great, great songs, but written for radio play as much as anything).

How Do You Do is a sweet, weet song! "Fine, how are you!" :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » April 20th, 2005, 1:43 pm

"Appreciate the Lady" is from The Fox and the Hound.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2005, 5:45 pm

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2005, 6:37 pm

Lester's Possum Park was the best in Goofy Movie!
That part was awesome! I couldn't remember the name.

I LOVE "One jump Ahead." (Aladdin) That song doesn't get noticed that much, but it really gets you into the film the first time you see it.

Also, although it never made it to Aladdin, I think "Humiliate the boy" would have been an interesting song.
Last edited by ShyViolet on April 20th, 2005, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2005, 7:04 pm

Also, "What a Lovely Day" from Mickey and the Beanstalk.
(the enchanted harp sings it)
Wow, you have my admiration. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » April 20th, 2005, 9:11 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Wow, you have my admiration. :wink:
Thanks!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2005, 9:15 pm

No prob! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » April 24th, 2005, 5:45 am

I think that the scores to Alice in Wonderland, Mulan, Robin Hood, Bedknobs and Broomsticks and The Rescuers are underrated.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 26th, 2005, 2:04 am

All the songs from Hunchback (specifically God Help the Outcasts)
All the songs from Home on the Range (specifically Little Patch of Heavan--which IMO is one of the best songs ever)
"I'll Try" from Return to Neverland
"Second Star to the Right" from R2N (which I think is the best version of the song)
There are probably others I'll eventually thing of.
Last edited by askmike1 on April 30th, 2005, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SingingDuckGirl » April 29th, 2005, 2:05 am

"Always Know Where You Are" from Treasure Planet is one of my favorite songs. I wish the Rezenik version was on the soundtrack though (Why'd they grab BBMack to do the song?) I hear the song in various stores and restaurants on their Muzak, but other than that it never gets any recognition.
I love the HOTR songs, too.
I think Dreams to Dreams from American Tale: Fievel Goes West and If We Hold On Together from The Land Before time are really awesome too. Yeah...Dreams to Dreams is beautiful...
Diggah' Tunnah is a fun song from LK1/2.
And all of the songs from The Great Mouse Detective were great!
And I don't know if they got more recognition when the movie came out, but I think that all of the songs from Charlotte's Web are pretty enjoyable, like the rat and the goose's song about the fair...
Dad-Gum!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SingingDuckGirl » April 29th, 2005, 2:05 am

"Always Know Where You Are" from Treasure Planet is one of my favorite songs. I wish the Rezenik version was on the soundtrack though (Why'd they grab BBMack to do the song?) I hear the song in various stores and restaurants on their Muzak, but other than that it never gets any recognition.
I love the HOTR songs, too.
I think Dreams to Dreams from American Tale: Fievel Goes West and If We Hold On Together from The Land Before time are really awesome too. Yeah...Dreams to Dreams is beautiful...
Diggah' Tunnah is a fun song from LK1/2.
And all of the songs from The Great Mouse Detective were great!
And I don't know if they got more recognition when the movie came out, but I think that all of the songs from Charlotte's Web are pretty enjoyable, like the rat and the goose's song about the fair...
Dad-Gum!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » April 29th, 2005, 10:02 am

:D OOO! Great topic! There's a couple I heard mentioned previously that I totally agree are often overlooked: "God Help The Outcasts" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. I know a lot of people may not remember it. Also loved that others mentioned "Reflections" from Mulan. It has long been a favorite of mine. Both versions (the one sung by Christina Aguilera and the one sung by the character in the movie) are so beautifully sung it gives me goosebumps. And I've got to mention "When She Loved Me" from Toy Story 2, the only song to get me choked up (and I'm not really a sentimental guy!) is one of the most moving songs to be in a movie. I know it got an Oscar nomination, but it really should have won. I never heard a song that so perfectly fit what was going on in the movie. It actually helped move the story along.
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2005, 9:20 am

Will The Sun Ever Shine Again from HOTR was the one for me in that film, but it did hark back very strongly to If She Loved Me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » April 30th, 2005, 2:27 pm

so much potential in Home on the Range. For one thing, the music is definitely underrated and robbed at the oscars. Little Patch of Heaven is pure sunshine. The yodel song was also pretty good. Now if only the animation in that sequence was as good as Be Our Guest or even Pink Elephants. Well, like I said, there was so much potential wasted.