Batman Begins

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 1st, 2007, 2:29 pm

Originally, the B5 script was rumored for Jeff Goldblum as Scarecrow,
Oh wow....this would have ruled....I think I do remember hearing something those lines, although maybe it was for Goldblum playing Clock King? Either way, I still think Scarecrow is a better villain. :)

And speaking of lame villains in franchises, X-Men should sure use a villain reboot if they ever get around to making a fourth one.
Since Magneto "lost" his powers, or whatever, that's an even better reason NOT to bring him back. :roll: :? Mr. Sinister or the Phalanx, no question!!! :)

And even though I'm not a fan of X-Men, (comics or movies) I've heard a lot of good feedback on all three films. The third one a little less.
The first two are pretty excellent. The third is an enjoyable movie on its own (I'll admit) but if you're a die-hard X-men fan, forget it.... :? Funny how with X1 it was all about "pleasing the fans" and getting it right and all that got forgotten by X3 since everyone would go see it anyway.....:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 16th, 2007, 4:21 am

Superhero Hype wrote:7-Minute Dark Knight Prologue in December?

Omelette is reporting that Warner Bros. Pictures is planning to show a 7-minute The Dark Knight prologue featuring Heath Ledger as The Joker in front of screenings of Will Smith-starrer I Am Legend in IMAX theaters on December 14.

Stay tuned for possibly more on this...
Kind of cool, eh? :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 16th, 2007, 6:37 am

Or an act of desperation...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 16th, 2007, 3:20 pm

But aside from that, its cool, no? ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 16th, 2007, 3:36 pm

Hmmmm...

It depends on if you can still see the movie without this prologue, of if it will be in the finished film.

Things like this seem more like marketing gimmicks than proper moviemaking.

If it's a proper scene - maybe even the opening of the movie - then great...it'll build anticipation. But if it's something that would have added character background and then we don't get to see it in the film and then again only as an extra on a DVD, then what's the point?

I will be seeing Legend, though, as I love Richard Matheson and really appreciated what Will Smith did with I Robot.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 17th, 2007, 11:58 pm

So you have to see this particular movie, and it has to be IMAX? What if you don't have an IMAX theater where you are? :?

Why couldn't it just be a regular trailer? Or couldn't they put it on the Intenet as well? :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 18th, 2007, 1:05 am

ShyViolet wrote:So you have to see this particular movie, and it has to be IMAX? What if you don't have an IMAX theater where you are? :?

Why couldn't it just be a regular trailer? Or couldn't they put it on the Intenet as well? :roll:
As most Warner movies now sell themselves with IMAX-only 3-D scenes (Superman, Harry Potter 5), we can assume TDK, and possibly Legend, would be in the same category--
Warner's already announced shooting made-for-IMAX 3D scenes for the movie; they may be showing those, or have shot a new promo to fit.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 27th, 2007, 11:22 pm

New Ledger pic, from cover story in Empire:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34907

(I'm sure this will be great, but for some reason he reminds me of Michael Keaton/Beetlejuice in that picture. Wonder if it was intentional?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 2nd, 2007, 7:30 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 3rd, 2007, 7:57 am

Nice, those new ones are better than Empire's cover, which does feel Beetlejuicy!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 3rd, 2007, 3:01 pm

Ain't it Cool wrote:Pics Removed By Request of Warner Legal Dept.
Darn. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2007, 5:42 am

Retitled to reflect the topic shift from Ledger to the movie.

This just in...
The Hollywood Reporter wrote:<B>Imax day for 'Knight'</B>
Six-minute preview bows Dec. 14, By Carolyn Giardina, Dec 7 2007

The bat signal will appear next week, eight stories high -- on Imax screens.

The first six minutes of Warner Bros.' "The Dark Knight," a prologue that introduces Heath Ledger as the Joker, will appear as a preview in Imax theaters before the studio's "I Am Legend," which opens Dec. 14.

"Dark Knight," the next film in the successful Batman franchise, was lensed in part using Imax cameras, a Hollywood first and a creative decision made by director Christopher Nolan, who also helmed 2005's "Batman Begins."

The prologue is one of the scenes photographed in the 70mm Imax format. The rest of the film was lensed in 35mm and will be remastered to the Imax format for release in Imax theaters. In those theaters, the 70mm-lensed sequences will fill the screen and the 35mm-lensed scenes will appear letterboxed. (In traditional theaters, the aspect ratio will remain the same, though some expect that audiences might see a shift in image quality.)

"It's different, the experience you will get watching the film this way," Nolan said of Imax. "It will look great in 35mm as well, but (the Imax preview) might encourage people to go out of their way to see it this way. ... I wanted to make the sequel bigger, and using literally a bigger canvas for the story seemed a great way to put the characters together."

In the six-minute sequence, a team of robbers -- all wearing clown masks -- enters a bank for a planned heist, but things take an unexpected turn. The imagery demonstrates the depth and clarity offered by the format, but perhaps no image is more chilling than the first look at Ledger's Joker.

Nolan described the moment the close-up comes to the screen.

"Seeing this extraordinary face, eight stories high ... you can smell his breath," he said. "He's a very overwhelming personality, and there's incredible texture to his appearance. It's a creepy moment, as it should be."

Commenting on action shots, he said: "When you are racing and jumping ... those are the points when you realize how overpowering the imagery can be. That really takes me back to being a kid and watching films that seemed much larger than life."

Nolan credited director of photography Wally Pfister and his team for their research to enable the cinematography. "We put an enormous amount of work into how to move these cameras," he said. "It's very heavy, it's very cumbersome ... but in the end we felt very free to use the camera."

Nolan said the production even used the camera with a Steadicam. "We also managed to break a Steadicam," he added.

Continued Nolan: "The lenses are very wide. It pushes you to a style of filmmaking that is a little more formal. You tend to move the camera in a much more specific way. You can move things through the frame because you have such a crystal-clear image and you are dealing with such a wide field of vision.

"It's simply the best acquisition format there is," the helmer said. "I love film, and one of the reasons I was very keen to do what I am doing is this is a time when a lot of new technology is being thrown at us. ... Film is an incredible medium, and I think it would be a shame to give up on it and accept new technology without realizing the limitations."

"Dark Knight" was lensed in Chicago and the U.K. Production recently wrapped, and post is under way. The film is slated to open July 18.

Hahahahhahahaa...they broke a Steadicam. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 13th, 2007, 3:11 am

New pics! (With the exception of two, I believe) -

Wow! I love the official poster. Its simple, but it works. The other pics are quite nice too, still not completely sold on Heath, but eh, I'm getting there.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 13th, 2007, 6:13 pm

Rubber wheels! Benny lives! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 15th, 2007, 12:09 pm

Has anyone else seen the new trailer? It's playing at regular prints of "I Am Legend" right now. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."