The Little Mermaid

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 20th, 2007, 2:29 am

TAG comments on the Slate DTV article while also providing a tiny blurb on LMIII: :)

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... quels.html

How were the stories of these films? I don't really have much of a clue, since I haven't seen them, although a DisneyToons staffer who worked on Little Mermaid III told me: "The film is a prequel, and I thought they did a great job of tying things together from the original movie. It's a cute movie."
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 22nd, 2007, 3:59 am

You don't know how happy this tidbit makes me, Vi! :D

So they did a great job of tying loose ends from the original? Awesome!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by paxitos » October 1st, 2007, 6:49 pm

hello!!! I'm new!!!

no news of the movie? :( :( :( :(
The Little Mermaid Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeahh!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 1st, 2007, 7:10 pm

Welcome, paxitos! :)

Unfortunately, no. We only know what's been reported earlier in the thread, sorry. But rest assured, if any news does surface, it will be posted here.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 7th, 2007, 12:37 pm

I think this movie is almost cancleled,now there's rumoers about 2009 :shock:.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 7th, 2007, 3:04 pm

Yeah, I heard about that rumor. I don't really trust it, since it comes from a website that doesn't seem reliable. So pushed back maybe, (08 the latest) but definetly not canceled.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 11th, 2007, 7:14 pm

Daniel wrote:Yeah, I heard about that rumor. I don't really trust it, since it comes from a website that doesn't seem reliable. So pushed back maybe, (08 the latest) but definetly not canceled.
I hope they going to tell more infomation about this becouse this is getting ridicoluse :?.
I think it's February 2008 but they really should release a trailer :?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 12th, 2007, 3:39 am

... And Disney will, when they finally settle on a release date; since I doubt its still coming out next month. Like you pointed out though, it is rumored to be released in February, so hopefully we'll get a trailer sometime soon -- maybe even on the re-releases of Return to Never-Land or Dreams Come True!
Last edited by Daniel on October 12th, 2007, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2007, 3:49 am

As far as I know, it's not on the list for February. It could be coming in the fall, is the only "new" news on this, at least from the UK point of view.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 12th, 2007, 3:55 am

Didn't the UK get Cindy III a little later? If not, I'm probably thinking of another place.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2007, 4:03 am

If anything, the UK usually gets these things about a month or two earlier. Which would put Mermaid III on track for February 200<B>9</B> in the US.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 12th, 2007, 11:28 am

Ben wrote:If anything, the UK usually gets these things about a month or two earlier. Which would put Mermaid III on track for February 200<B>9</B> in the US.
Well,i do hope it's 2008,they gone way too far :?.
Maybe Cinderella II or Return To NeverLand DVDs will have trailers :D or maybe even something like Hannah Monatana DVDs (insted of putting a trailer for 101 Dalmations PE in the Jungle Book PE they put it in Hannah Montana DVDs so people will buy it!).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CharlieBarkin » October 12th, 2007, 11:51 am

And with this film comes the death knell for Disney's Direct to Video films. And what a relief that is. To be honest, only two of these DTV's have made it into my collection (Lady and the Tramp 2 and 101 Dalmatians II), the rest I have ignored with a vengeance. These films have led to many people seeing Disney as only interested in the money, not creating art. Hence the glut of these poorly animated cheap flicks we have had to suffer through. Not all of them are bad, but the good ones are in the minority. It's time Disney started focusing on new, original films instead of rehashing and at times ruining the original classics.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2007, 12:17 pm

OUAD...I have asked you before not to quote a message if you are replying directly below it.

Charlie...I'm with you on the sequels, but would add Return To Never-Land to that small group of <I>almost</I> perfectly "acceptable" follow-ups.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 12th, 2007, 1:40 pm

Actually Charlie,i think that Cinderella III is a great movie :D i love it :D the best sequle ever.