General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » May 21st, 2007, 12:31 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 21st, 2007, 12:40 pm

Wow....

Maybe it's just not seeing him in action, (or smiling wide) but I'm more than a little disappinted. :roll: :?

But thanks for the link J!! :)
I did a search, but couldn't find where we were talking about Paris Hilton going to jail!

I think it was actually the "Superman II on DVD" thread! :P :) Funny....:wink:

But yeah....at least she's getting some jail time, in a REAL jail.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 29th, 2007, 10:29 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » June 29th, 2007, 2:43 pm

No more Venom then? Well, makes sense since Raimi apparently didn't like him.

The premise for Kill Bill 4 sounds really neat.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 29th, 2007, 3:57 pm

Both sound neat, actually. Kill Bill 3 moreso, because you know what has to happen. And with the descriptions of the two returning killers, it makes it even that much more puzzling of *how* will she fight! Not to mention...
how will Uma DIE!?

The premise of Kill Bill 4 is neat, too. I mean, who didn't see that coming? Just oooh!

Man, I hope these get confirmed! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 29th, 2007, 11:35 pm

Well, makes sense since Raimi apparently didn't like him.

How can you not love a villain like Venom? I just don't get Raimi....:?

Maybe 'cause when he has villains, it's always well, they're not REALLY evil, just misguided or something. (See Gree Goblin, Green Goblin Jr, Sandman, and Doc Ock)

With Venom you can't really do that since the whole concept of a someone losing themselves to an alien symbiote and becoming totally evil beyond redemption kind of negates that. Is it too dark for Raimi, apparently? :?:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 30th, 2007, 7:42 am

Too dark for the man who raping trees in The Evil Dead series!?!?!!???

Forget Electro for now. The only way Spidey can recover is to go with fan favorite The Lizard - who is WAY past needing to get jump-started into this franchise (and how better to "start with the central journey of the main character to arrive at the proper villain" than to mess with Peter's school life, the only place they haven't touched on yet). If they're intent on doing Spidey 5, then leave this one open and have Vulture appear towards the end as a cliffhanger.

But no, they'll try and pack too much in, or drag it out... Lost a lot of respect for Raimi in the way Elfman was treated, and his poor, controlling handling of 3. :(

On the Bills...Tarantino has said he'd be interested in doing another one or two in 10/15 years, when Uma is grown older and her daughter can be made ready to fight. At the moment, I don't see these as happening any time <I>soon</I>, but would guess we may see them at some point.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 30th, 2007, 7:50 am

New Indy set pic:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21635

Uh-oh...not so much Indiana Jones here and more normal, bored looking Harrison Ford...

With all the talk of World War II sequences and that awesome pic of Indy released last week, I was secretly hoping that the whole thing was a ruse and that they'd found a way to de-age Indy and basically set the thing in the 1930s again and were hoodwinking us the whole time (still think we're going to see some sequences like that).

But this new pic shows a fairly bored looking Indy - Shia looks more the part (a new franchise?) and more of the 50s rebel. That blue car in the background confirms the 1950s setting for good, and...it's too bright? Not enough Jones looking?

After watching Raiders again last night on the big screen, I was reminded that, even after over 25 years, this new one still has a LOT to live up to.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Megagents » June 30th, 2007, 6:23 pm

Jeroen wrote:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20534

Finally, a real Joker pic
He looks to much like an emo punk. The Joker is mad and psychotic but he's always joking around.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 1st, 2007, 8:25 pm

The only way Spidey can recover is to go with fan favorite The Lizard - who is WAY past needing to get jump-started into this franchise (and how better to "start with the central journey of the main character to arrive at the proper villain" than to mess with Peter's school life, the only place they haven't touched on yet).

Ahhh, that would SO rule!!! :) Dylan Baker/Dr. Conners would be such an amazing villain.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 2nd, 2007, 2:54 pm

Lost a lot of respect for Raimi in the way Elfman was treated
Yes, that was terrible...and will damadge future sequels, as how can you possibly do a Spider-Man film, or almost any superhero film, without Danny Elfman? :( :?:

(BTW, I still don't get how come John Williams didn't do Superman Returns, because he could have stuck to his old themes and written new ones as well, as Ottman did. :?)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 2nd, 2007, 4:54 pm

Williams did not like the direction of the movie (as in where it was headed) and from what I understand, did not like Singer either.

Not only does the guy have class, he has <I>real class</I>. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 7th, 2007, 5:32 pm

http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/

See if you can figure it out.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 8th, 2007, 9:58 am

Is this something to do with the JJ Abrams thing?

I gave up...took an age to load, and by the time of the triangular "buttons" came up I couldn't be bothered. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 8th, 2007, 3:07 pm

JJ Abrams thing? Is that the trailer that shows the camera shaking, and has a Godzilla like sound occur? I heard about it. And I'm very intriqued!