The New DVD and Blu Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 11th, 2007, 7:25 pm

Hi Jafar, welcome to the boards! :)
Ben wrote:I bought all apart from Huck 1 as they don't seem to have the intention of putting out a V2! :(
Which is real shame, but I'm hoping they'll reconsider their decision. Huck would only really need one more box to finish up his series, so why not?
Ben wrote:Hope you enjoy Devil Wears Prada...it was a fun surprise for me. :)
Thanks.

The funny thing is, I got to see Prada in theatures. :o I wasn't planning to, originally, but Cars was acting up for the whole theature, (how twilighty) so we had to choose another movie. Greatest thing that ever happened!

I looove this movie! We get a privileged insight into the world of fashion journalism, see Hathaway go through many tribulations with her bf/friends, all while trying to impress her boss. (the Harry Potter book comes to mind) And Anne was great for the part. Had it been anyone else, I don't think I would've liked it as much. Same goes for Streep. She was perfect! "Oh no, that wasn't a question" :lol:

Long story short, it surprised me to! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 12th, 2007, 6:53 am

Daniel wrote:Long story short...
Too late! ;)

Actually, I thought the Harry Potter thing was the silliest part. That simply wouldn't happen, I don't care <I>who</I> you are, and the literary and fashion circles are worlds apart. And it was too vague on which book it was...because if it was the last, it would have been out for ages, and if it was the next...it wasn't actually finished being written!

Yep, reading too much into it, but they'd have been better off going for something else, or at least a "hot new writer" book that could have been a clear Potter homage. Using that directly pulled me out instead of making me laugh along with what could have been a clear nod, like the rest of the magazine/people/entire movie was.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 12th, 2007, 4:01 pm

My thoughts exactly!

The only problem, though, is that I know diddly about Potter, both book and film. So when it came to that part, I never gave it a second thought. True, it was vague, but I think we were suppose to assume it was the last book released. Dunno, need to see it again. But like you said, I too would've liked a homage of sorts, instead of straight "plug in". Everything else was, (like you said, again) so who knows why they decided otherwise here.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 12th, 2007, 5:19 pm

Trying to "keep it real"... but not.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 12th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Like I figured. :?

Also, I forgot to mention, I loved the soundtrack! So catchy.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 17th, 2007, 3:34 am

Finally finished checking my Tom & Jerry sets. I got the good UNCUT discs!! I'm so happy! :)

Also, I just noticed that a lot of Fox "Tv on DVD's" are on sale at Amazon! (@50%)!! I'm planning on getting the two Simpson box sets that I'm missing, and one King of the Hill set.

Is there a way to do the special link, or do I need to tell you which ones I'm getting, Ben?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 17th, 2007, 3:00 pm

Thanks for the heads up Dan...

We only get a small amount from each sale so it's fairly redundant running the links here. On the front page it may draw a few people in, but not really in the forum.

But thanks for thinking of us! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 17th, 2007, 3:31 pm

Gotcha, Ben! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 19th, 2007, 2:36 pm

Today is a big day!

The Secret of NIMH - 2-disc edition! :D
Animaniacs - volume 3
Pinky & the Brain - volume 3
The Powerpuff Girls - season 1

I'm gonna need a few weeks to watch 'em all .. :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 20th, 2007, 1:58 am

Oh, I'm jealous! All of those DVD's (excluding NIMH) are on my "must have" list. Grrr....

I'm espicially looking forward to PPG... I really love this show, and its been years since I've season 1.

Quick question, droo. How's the packaging? Is it a regular DVD case with a slipcover, or something better?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 20th, 2007, 3:41 am

The Powerpuff Girls packaging is kinda neat; a cardboard gatefold inside a slipcase .. featuring a huge close-up of Blossom on the inside, with the 2 DVD discs forming her 'eyes' (both discs are hot-pink with black 'pupils'). Blossom is heavily featured on the outer packaging, as well. Based on this, I'd assume the PPG season 2 & 3 DVD sets will feature similar close-ups of Bubbles & Buttercup, respectively.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 20th, 2007, 8:42 am

NIMH is NOT on your list!?!??!!!!!?!?!??!?! :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 20th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Tisk tisk, have you forgottan, Ben? I've never seen NIMH, so it would be kinda pointless to have on my list.

And thanks, droo! It really does sound "neat"! :) Hope you enjoy it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » June 20th, 2007, 2:27 pm

Then you should definitely give NIMH a rent....you can always add it to your list later :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 20th, 2007, 2:45 pm

Not trying to bug you to see another film Dan, but I agree! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!