Official VIDEO GAMES discussion

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » May 13th, 2007, 10:04 pm

Speaking of DS games, has anyone played Pokémon D/P yet??

I got Pearl the day they came out, and I'm about halfway through it now :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 15th, 2007, 4:05 am

Yup, I got to play Diamond the other day at GameStop. It was so much fun! Haven't purchased either of them yet, but hopefully will soon!

Glad to hear you got Pearl though, Angel! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » May 17th, 2007, 6:59 pm

You gotta get it, it's soooooooooo addictive!!! ^______^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 21st, 2007, 4:03 am

Yeah, I know. One of my friends has it, and he's really addicted, too! Its like disease, I tell you!

But yes, I will be getting it soon! Its on the tippy top of my "want" list. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 10th, 2007, 10:38 pm

Now this looks cool. Zelda....for DS!!!!! :D

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/694/694756/imgs_1.html

Ah, I had trouble with that as well! Its quite simple.

When your up on the tower with the villain, you need to run around him, and when he's about to pounce you, dodge it, and wait till he's flat on the ground. Than, while he's down, go jump on him, and while jumping, hit "R button" to do a... Mega pounce? (I forget what its called) that should work. (It takes a few times, though)

Thanks for the advice Dan. :) It worked a couple of times, but I still can't beat him 'cause he keeps knocking me off the roof. But I'll keep trying! :wink:

Also, I also finally got Yoshi's Island the other day. Really fun!!! :) Some of the guys who worked at Wal-Mart and had to open the case for me seemed to think it was "funny" to see a girl buying a game. :roll:
I think they thought it was my first time buying one or something....:wink: :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 11th, 2007, 8:46 pm

A lot of parents (specifically moms) buy their kids games, so its not that unusual. Typical guys, huh? (Oops, well, you know what I mean. ;))
ShyViolet wrote:Thanks for the advice Dan. :) It worked a couple of times, but I still can't beat him 'cause he keeps knocking me off the roof. But I'll keep trying! :wink:
Hey, no problem, Vi. I'm glad I could be of some help. :)

Yeah, that happened to me, too. He's really tough! Don't you just hate it when he flicks you off the roof, though? Its a huge drop, and you lose a lot of your life bar.
ShyViolet wrote:Also, I also finally got Yoshi's Island the other day. Really fun!!! :)
That's great! It really is fun, likewise easy, compared to SM 64 DS. If you have any problems, though, feel free to ask. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 15th, 2007, 4:15 am

Hey Ben, can you change the name of the thread to, "Video game discussion"? (Or something similar) Would be much appreciated. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 15th, 2007, 7:10 am

Done! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 15th, 2007, 1:57 pm

Melikes! :D Thanks, Ben!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 15th, 2007, 2:30 pm

I like it too! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 15th, 2007, 6:52 pm

I'm getting a Nintendo 64 soon! The other day I was talking about video games with one of my co-workers. I started talking about how I like the older stuff more than the stuff that's out now and mentioned that I'd like to get an N64 at some point (I had a PlayStation back in the day, and still do, but never did get an N64). He said he had one he was about to get rid of and he'd let me have it! I tried to say that I should give him something for it, but he said he didn't care and I could just take it. Yesterday he told me that he had found the system and four games, but still had another ten or so games that he had to locate. I always wanted to get an N64 and I am super excited that it's finally gonna happen. If there are any N64 owners here, are there any games you would recommend (other than the obvious ones like Zelda, Mario, Goldeneye, etc.)?
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » June 16th, 2007, 4:41 pm

Ah, one of my favorite consoles ever! ^___^
I'd reccomend these titles to start with:

Starfox 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Super Smash Brothers
F Zero-X (not as fun as Mariokart, but a decent racing game)
Donkey Kong 64

And I know it's an obvious one, but you absolutely HAVE to play Zelda OoT
:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 16th, 2007, 10:42 pm

I never had an N64 but I have Mario 64 for DS--REALLY cool game. :D

I like older games too! :) The best thing about Nintendo DS is that you can get the older games for a good price--many on the GBA line. (Super Mario World, Super Mario 2, Super Mario 3, etc....those are from way back.) You can also get a 6-pack of older Atari games on one cartridge, which is very cool. :)

I also just got nRevolution, a Brit gamer mag. Has anyone ever read it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 18th, 2007, 2:38 am

Nope, can't say that I have. Any good?

And sadly, I never had a N64 either. The reason being, I believe, was because I got a Playstation. That was the system to have back in the day! I liked how they were CD's, like that one Sega console. (Sega CD?) Still have it, too!

And wow, talk about luck, eddie! That's really nice of your friend to give it to you for free. And with games, to boot! Try not to get to addicted, k? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » July 8th, 2007, 2:26 pm

Any of you got a Wii?

I bought one yesterday and damn is it fun to play!!
I've got Wii sports (wich is included with every console) and Zelda: Twillight Princess.