The Little Mermaid

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 11th, 2007, 6:45 am

C'mon...spread the love people! ;)
Josh wrote:Ben has confirmed via a source wishing to remain anonymous that the film will be released early next year.
My source doesn't wish to remain anonymous...I just don't want to divulge where I got the info. And as for anything, dates can change (see Tinkerbell), but that is the plan as far as my insider is aware.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 11th, 2007, 2:02 pm

Josh wrote:No, I don't think you came across as harsh at all! :)
Cool! :)

By the way, the "mother" is at it again!

we were originally told Nov of 2008, the lines on the new script are Feb 2009

Oh, really!? :lol:

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 11th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Ben wrote:C'mon...spread the love people! ;)
Josh wrote:Ben has confirmed via a source wishing to remain anonymous that the film will be released early next year.
My source doesn't wish to remain anonymous...I just don't want to divulge where I got the info. And as for anything, dates can change (see Tinkerbell), but that is the plan as far as my insider is aware.

Do we REALLY need another one of these half-baked, direct-to-video sequels? Heck, do we need sequels PERIOD?

Half the reason I avoid movies is because I see too many Roman Numerals or regular old numbers behind titles!

Summer really isn't even here yet and we're getting an awful rush of NUMERALS and NUMBERS this year.

I guess Disney hasn't learned its lesson yet.

'Nuff said for the rest of Hollywood.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 11th, 2007, 7:36 pm

Do we REALLY need another one of these half-baked, direct-to-video sequels? Heck, do we need sequels PERIOD?

I was never a terribly big fan of the DTV sequels (although to be fair, I haven't seen a whole lot of them, and I have loved the Aladdin Sequels) but there have been quite a few reports that LM III is actually shaping up quite nicely, at least that's what I've heard.
According to TAG, they're changing the title (don't know what it is tho :?) 'cause the story's actually a bit complicated.

You never know, we might have another Cindy III on our hands! :)

Also, even though it technically doesn't count as a DTV, I always really liked DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. Maybe not the best ever but an often, exciting, funny, and fun film!! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 11th, 2007, 10:19 pm

ShyViolet wrote:You never know, we might have another Cindy III on our hands! :)
From what's been revealed, I honestly believe we do.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 11th, 2007, 10:28 pm

But we never needed Cinderella 3 either!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 12th, 2007, 1:44 am

I thought Toy Story 2 could have ended here, honestly. It's true that people want to see more of Buzz and Woody, but I thought there was pretty good closure in TS2; basically, Woody has decided that someday being given up as Andy grows into an adult is something he can't avoid, but he loves Andy and "wouldn't miss it for the world." Very touching, bittersweet and resonant ending.

It's a sad ending too, as it's understood that no matter what Woody is going to get thrown out eventually or at least given away someday (and after that, thrown out.) Do we really need a sequel where we can SEE it, too?? :?

It's basically just going to repeat everything that was already said in 2.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 12th, 2007, 8:06 am

GeorgeC wrote:Half the reason I avoid movies is because I see too many Roman Numerals or regular old numbers behind titles!
Hmmm...I seem to remember from my history lessons that Roman numerals came before "regular old numbers"! ;)

LM III is going to be of the LM II quality...nothing more than dressed up TV animation, I'm afraid. The story may be stronger, but that wouldn't be hard compared to LM II. :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 13th, 2007, 2:57 pm

From what I've seen, the animation in TLM III looks SO BAD.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » May 13th, 2007, 3:03 pm

My main problem with the visuals I've seen so far is that its way to colourful (especially compared to the original),
as with all Disney-DTV releases :roll:.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 14th, 2007, 5:58 am

The animation from the preview, does indeed look bad. That's why I'm hoping, with the apparent touch ups that took place, that it looks much better.

I really don't want to be disappointed again. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 14th, 2007, 6:05 am

I really hope it turns out good, Dan! I know how much you're looking forward to it. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 15th, 2007, 2:08 am

Thanks, Vi! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 17th, 2007, 3:04 am

This was just recently posted on UD, via the Little Ariel forum.
The trailer won't be shown on Disney Channel! We will find it on an upcoming Disney DVD!

The DVD has not been scheduled for release at this time!

'The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea' will be re-release after the release of 'The Little Mermaid III'!
Wonder which upcoming DVD it will be on? Hopefully a good one! The second bit of info, from what I gather, means it has not been re-scheduled. Hmm....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 30th, 2007, 5:33 pm

Whole thing is on YouTube now, (in parts) in case anyone's interested. :)

(Presentation and Speakers at the El Cap)

Since this was a public event, I'm pretty sure it's OK to post--I think. :wink: