Bee Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 1st, 2007, 10:09 pm

I'd so die of ecstacy if they got Mark Dindal aboard. :wink: :)

Maybe it's just me, but he seems like a perfect match for DW!! :P

EDIT: Don't they have Gary Trousdale under the wing as well?

(I know he did the Christmas Caper short. I think he's doing something else too right?)

Also, has there been any official word about what's going to happen with Don Hahn and WDFA? Is his "sabbatical" permanent after all?

I know Hahn was very devoted to Disney. If he doesn't come back, it would be so cool if he came to DW too!! :) :wink: :wink:

Ditto Randy Fullmer and Roger Allers!! (IS Roger Allers staying? :?: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 2nd, 2007, 3:27 am

*bursts Vi's bubble*

Now your just getting greedy!

Kidding! ;)

I'm with ya on, Mark! And as much as I would love for Dahn to join DW, I don't see it happening. But it would so rule! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 2nd, 2007, 3:31 am

Yeah, I don't really see Don Hahn going to DW either. And I believe he truly belongs at WDFA. :wink:

Still, ya never know!! :) :P
Now your just getting greedy!
Yeah....I want'em ALL..... :D

(J/K :wink:)

But seriously, Mark Dindal would be GREAT. I personally very much enjoyed Chicken Little, Emperor's New Groove is one of my fave "modern Disney" flicks, and Cats Don't Dance was great too!! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 2nd, 2007, 5:39 pm

True true, I mean, look what happened to Chris Sanders! :P

Ditto! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 18th, 2007, 11:33 am

Pardon my language but.....how the bloody h*** did Jim Hill give this book a good review??? (He was much more discerning with DisneyWar)

He reviewed that book very well I thought, pointing out its flaws....this is basically just a puff piece. Which makes it all the more frustrating.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... rates.aspx

What bothers me about this "DreamWorks book" that just came out doesn't totally have do with my feelings on DreamWorks--but that, at least from Jim's review, (and what I could tell from Amazon) EVERYTHING in this book has been said many, many times before, all rumors and stories.

I really don't care anymore if there's "negative" stuff about DreamWorks--I just want stuff I haven't heard a gazillion times before.

The stuff that Jim is describing as "interesting" is news that is at least five years old....

:?

This is why I have such a problem with so much entertainment journalism and film criticism nowadays (not all, but most.)

It's that....so many of these so-called writers copy almost VERBATIM from each other....they simply do not WANT to do any research or real work whatsoever....

(I don't mean Jim Hill, he's smarter than many of them. I mean whoever wrote this book. :roll:)

Now where this gets interesting is that Geffen was actually a personal guest of Bill & Hillary Clinton that evening. Which is why he was slated to spend the night in the Lincoln bedroom. But since David was so excited about what he, Steven and Jeffrey were attempting to get off the ground, he wanted to leave the White House right in the middle of the night. So that Geffen could then go talk with his soon-to-be-partners at their nearby hotel about their future project.

But you see, the White House isn't the Red Roof Inn. And the Secret Service tends to really frown on people who try to leave that building in the middle of the night. Which is why David then found himself basically trapped in the Lincoln bedroom until the following morning.

I can't even express the number of times I've read this little anecdote and how redundant it is to hear it yet again!! :(

Well, according to other versions of this story, Geffen was most definitely NOT excited to leave the White House to talk about DreamWorks--he was quite nervous about the whole venture (which he had been reluctant to enter from the start) and told Steve and Jeffrey that he can't leave the White House even after JK said: "Come over here now!" Geffen just said he couldn't so they were just like: "OK we'll do this first thing in the morning then."

They got ready very early but the press conference wasn't till noon....which was probably a good thing since Geffen apparently spent the whole morning throwing up from anxiety. :? (at least if you believe that Kim Masters book "The Rise of Michael Eisner and the Fall of Everyone Else"....:?)

Which, BTW, came out almost 7 years ago....*sighs*

And that Shrek 1 stuff with Meyers changing his voice to Scottish (rather than Canadian) was all talked about extensively in 2001..

Sorry but I wouldn't waste my money on this book.

:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 18th, 2007, 6:21 pm

I'm shocked Vi, how dare you not like my book!

J/k ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2007, 6:11 pm

Sorry Dan!! :lol: Hmm....maybe I'll take another look at it. :P

Pixar chairman and CEO Steve Jobs claimed that Katzenberg tried to bribe his company to push back the release of "A Bug's Life." Jobs told "Newsweek," "Jeffery called us and asked us to convince Disney to delay the release of 'A Bug's Life' beyond the holiday 1998 season because that's when he wanted to release 'Prince of Egypt.' He said if we did that, he would kill 'Antz.' And we said, 'Don't go there.' " Katzenberg denied that he made any such call.

Also, it's so funny, this whole thing with Steve Jobs/Bug's Life/Antz/phone convo with JK? I remember reading that about back in a November 1998 issue of Entertainment Weekly. (back when they still covered animation. :()

(And that was before I even cared about DreamWorks....:wink: :roll: :P)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 21st, 2007, 6:05 pm

Yes, and were all happy that's changed. ;)
ShyViolet wrote:Sorry Dan!! :lol: Hmm....maybe I'll take another look at it. :P

Had his middle intitial been a J, that would've been freaky!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 22nd, 2007, 3:37 am

Oh no! Bees are apparently dropping....like bees!! :?

(Something to do with cell phones)

Bees are actually quite important to nature and the ecosystem...so I hope something can be done...:(

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 8;t=002381

(Would be hilarious if they found some way to work this into Bee Movie, however. :P)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 22nd, 2007, 7:22 am

Yoy can bet there will be a late-added cell phone gag put in there, even if it's a throwaway line embedded in an existing scene.

We'll have to listen out for it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 22nd, 2007, 2:38 pm

Yeah, wasn't there a cell phone gag in Flushed Away? :)

Save the Bees!!:(

Last edited by ShyViolet on April 27th, 2007, 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 22nd, 2007, 8:17 pm

Children's books from DreamWorks films: :)

And OMG--I have that Lynne Reid Banks version of POE (she wrote the book "The Indian in the Cupboard") but I didn't even KNOW there was another one out by Jane Yolen (The Devil's Arithmetic) ostensibly for older readers!! :)

http://www.allbooks4less.com/?N=-1262

Jane Yolen and Lynn Reid Banks are among the TOP YA writers out there--not surprised that they were hired to write these! :)

Also, I assume DW got permission to use the title "Bee Movie" from this person: :)

http://www.amazon.com/Bee-Movie-Wendy-W ... 630&sr=8-1

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by american dog 4 life » May 16th, 2007, 10:47 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 17th, 2007, 9:02 am

ShyViolet wrote:I assume DW got permission to use the title "Bee Movie" from this person: :)
Not unless she or her publisher trademarked it. It's a fairly widespread title, so it may have been hard to trademark, and if they didn't register it DreamWorks can do what they want (as opposed to "Ghost" and "Busters", which wasn't a well worn phrase and was trademarked).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 17th, 2007, 4:14 pm

I loved the gag in the new trailer where the bee gets stuck on the windshield...

"What about him?"

"Oh, he's actually dead."

:P