DC Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 7th, 2007, 11:29 pm

SOOOOOOOO excited!!! :D :D :D

Since i couldn't afford the 14-pack set, :cry: I got Superman: The Movie Special Edition--4 discs of Supes goodness including Superman vs. The Mole Men Reeves film, and 5 Fleischer shorts!!! :) (Wish they'd thrown in the "Up In the Sky!" documentary as well, but you can't have everything....:roll:)

I'll eventually get Supes 2 and Supes 2 Donner Cut as well. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 8th, 2007, 7:21 am

Should have saved and saved and saved! ;)

Superman Vs The Mole Men is a great curio, but good luck getting through it (there's only one "flying shot" in the whole thing)!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 8th, 2007, 11:40 am

Can't wait to watch it, including Mole Men. :wink:

Also, I read a review of the Kirk Alyn serial set in Total Film and apparently they used a plastic Ken doll type thing to show Supes flying! :) :lol:

I also will probably get the "Up in the Sky!" doc separately. :wink:

BTW, did anyone notice that even though Kev was completely wasted as Lex, almost totally Singer's fault IMHO, he was a GREAT voice-over narrator for "Up in the Sky!"?? :D

He does good voice-overs it seems--especially with Bug's Life. Best. Big. Star. Voice. Over. Performance. Ever. :wink: :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 8th, 2007, 12:05 pm

You've been mis-informed on the Alyn serials - when Supes flies he becomes a Fliescher-type animated cartoon, with pretty good match movement and shading. And taking away from the corniness of that is when he moves, he moves <I>fast</I>, like Superman should.

I was very, very impressed by the serials, especially the Lex Luthor one, <I>Superman Vs Atom Man</I>.

The funny thing was, in 2006, when Superman flew in long shot, he became a CGI cartoon instead of a hand-drawn one. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Also, sent you a PM about the "Up In The Sky" doc.

On Spacey...I don't think that's the best star voice ever. I'd have to think about that a little more, but he was a good villain.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 8th, 2007, 12:27 pm

My vote for best star voice ever is a tie between James Woods in Hercules (can't wait to hear him in Surf's Up!) and Mike Myers in Shrek (if you didn't know it was him, you wouldn't be able to tell plus he fits the role so perfectly that I'm kind of glad he got the part instead of Chris Farley, despite the circumstances of why that happened).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 8th, 2007, 12:29 pm

I'm also glad Myers chose to re-record his entire dialogue with a Scottish brogue weeks before release, since otherwise we would really have been able to tell it <I>was</I> him!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 8th, 2007, 1:14 pm

I'm also glad Myers chose to re-record his entire dialogue with a Scottish brogue weeks before release, since otherwise we would really have been able to tell it was him!
Yeah, and didn't it cost DreamWorks millions of dollars to change the mouth movements? :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 8th, 2007, 3:17 pm

No, they ADR'd the lines to the dialogue for the most part. The hassle was in the fairly last-minute change of sound recording, editing and the mix.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 11th, 2007, 7:11 pm

OMG has anyone heard about this????? :shock:

(via TAG blog)

http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=top ... m_no=19228

BTW, I WORSHIP Bruce Timm. (and Paul Dini) :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 11th, 2007, 8:05 pm

Um, that didn't look like the TAG blog. ;)

And yes, I have heard about, Vi! I'm so exited! I'm really hoping its better than Supes last animated DTV. *Shrugs* sounds awesome!

Ditto, to Bruce Tim! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 11th, 2007, 8:46 pm

Ditto with Bruce Tim over here as well.
The guy meant so much for my childhood looking back on it now
Batman tas was propably my favourite animated show growing up

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 11th, 2007, 9:59 pm

We linked to Newsarama about this last week at Animated News, actually. It was originally announced months ago. I'm very interested to see what they do with this. This will be the second time that Timm handles the Doomsday story, as it was "sort of" covered in a Season Two Justice League story (the one with the Justice Lords), though with a very different result.

My only reticence about this project comes with the fact that Duane Capizzi is involved. He's a writer on The Batman, and wrote that awful Brainiac Attacks movie.

BTW, the next DC Universe DTV movies will be New Frontier and New Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Green Lantern and Wonder Woman are in development.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 12th, 2007, 3:05 am

RandCanuck wrote:My only reticence about this project comes with the fact that Duane Capizzi is involved. He's a writer on The Batman, and wrote that awful Brainiac Attacks movie.
Know wonder that named seemed vaguely familar. :(

Please, not another Brainiac Attacks! :x
RandCanuck wrote:BTW, the next DC Universe DTV movies will be New Frontier
Yup, and this Superman movie is gonna have a preview of it! :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 12th, 2007, 8:55 am

Although I love the DC universe, my interest in picking any of these up is limited to specific characters. I may have to use my super powers to fight Rand over the review copy for Doomsday! :)

My hope that this is going to be a PG-13 is the only thing that sounds like they're going a little more heavy with this one.

And hopefully we may get some side Superman releases as well. We also posted the press release for Doomsday last week.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 12th, 2007, 11:52 pm

Ben, as long as I can cover The Judas Contract when it comes up, I'm happy. :)