Post by ShyViolet » March 1st, 2007, 6:46 pm

OK so....Best Animated Film 2007:

Ratatouille
Surf's Up (??)
Bee Movie
Shrek the Third
The Simpsons Movie (in 2d!! :P )
Meet the Robinsons
Last edited by ShyViolet on March 2nd, 2007, 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » March 1st, 2007, 7:43 pm

Best Animated Film 2007 is going to be Ratatouille. :D and runner up will be Surf's Up. That's just my guess.
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 1st, 2007, 8:01 pm

The Simpsons Movie! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » March 2nd, 2007, 4:01 am

yeah I think it will be Ratatouille or the Simpsons. Maybe the Simpsons, and save the Oscar for WaLL-E! :D
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » March 2nd, 2007, 4:40 am

I wonder if there is any chance that we will see 5 nominees this time ? Well... not really big chance, considering there was unusually big number of animated movies last year and still not enough (I wish Minimoys were actually eligible to compete... there was really cool animated villain in that movie!)...
So... if there WILL be 5 nominees after all, I bet Robinsons have good chance to be among them :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 2nd, 2007, 4:57 am

I really hope there's 5. I'd love to see Meet the Robinsons nominated for Best Animated Feature.

(If it did actually win, especially over Ratatouille and Shrek the Third, WDFA would regain A LOT of respect and clout in media circles as well as in Hollywood.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 2nd, 2007, 5:39 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 2nd, 2007, 7:29 am

Also: Scathing critique on the Oscar ceremony itself:

(very entertaining! :D )

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/f ... #more-1467

Plus this was really funny :lol: :

Well, we just witnessed a paid political announcement, courtesy of the Academy and of Leo Dicaprio and of Al Gore. Duo are now on the stage. Leo asks: "Is there something you might want to announce?" Al responds, "I'm just here for the movies, and, on this occasion, I'm just here to thank all the talented people, and to thank you, Leo, for being such a great ally in this." DiCaprio announces that for the first time in the history of the Oscars, this show has officially "gone green." Hey, guys, I have suggestion. Let's recycle this whole show right now. Why keep wasting all this videotape? Ellen later offers to recycle jokes. They're still funnier than any in her intro. Oh wait, there were none!

Then Leo gushes some more: "I'm proud to be standing next to such an inspirational leader. You are a true champion for the cause. Now, are you positive that all this hard work hasn't inspired you to make some kind of major announcement to the world? Uh-oh. Al Gore sighs. Wait, I'm having a 2000 flashback. Those debates. That sighing Al. Please don't announce for '08 tonight, Al. Not until you get a sigh-ectomy. Al starts to say, "You've been very convincing. Now with a billion people watching, my fellow Americans, I'm going to take this opportunity to formally announce my intentions to..."

And then the music wells up, and Al and Leo walk off-stage.

Lame bit.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 2nd, 2007, 8:43 am

Good points in both.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » March 2nd, 2007, 9:14 am

ShyViolet wrote:I really hope there's 5. I'd love to see Meet the Robinsons nominated for Best Animated Feature.

(If it did actually win, especially over Ratatouille and Shrek the Third, WDFA would regain A LOT of respect and clout in media circles as well as in Hollywood.)
While (to be honest) MTR doesn't look like a winner to me (especially among its potential rivals) I hope it's gonna be good enough to be nominated :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 2nd, 2007, 1:12 pm

If it's three, it's Ratatouille, Surf's Up and Simpsons.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 2nd, 2007, 2:54 pm

Rat and The Simpsons (unless it sucks for some reason) are shoe-ins Surf's Up looks pretty good, but after the pile of junk that was Open Season I'm not too sure if I should trust Sony Animation. Same goes for MTR, although hopefully Lasseters' changes on that will make it better than ChickLit was!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 3rd, 2007, 11:09 am

Oops!

Forgot to post that my review of Open Season went live a couple of days ago (but you guys should be checking Animated Views too!!):

http://animated-views.com/2007/open-sea ... l-edition/

You might notice I didn't take to it very well, coming across as it did as "a schizophrenic movie that wasn’t the heart-warming family comedy it thinks it is or the outrageously crude one it really wants to be".

Better looks to be coming with Surf's Up, hopefully... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » March 3rd, 2007, 1:19 pm

Yikes. Glad I didn't see that one in the theaters, then. I hope Surf's Up doesn't have the same crudeness problem, because visually it looks great so far. I loved the lighting and backgrounds in the previews I saw from Open Season, but I thought the character designs (especially Elliot) were just plain ugly.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 3rd, 2007, 2:04 pm

I thought the character designs were pretty good - one of the only perks the film offered.