Batman Begins

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 16th, 2006, 1:01 pm

ShyViolet wrote:A very cool fan made picture:

:)
That's just awesome! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 16th, 2006, 5:51 pm

Yeah, I knew you guys would like it! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 23rd, 2006, 10:40 pm

Here's a cool image from The Killing Joke, which through flashbacks sheds light on the Joker's "psyche" even as he performs monstrous atrocities in the present day. (involving Barbara and Jim Gordon) Not everyone agrees with the interpretation but the next film will apparently draw from it: :wink:

copyright DC comics

His motivation to "make Batman laugh" (as well as many other themes of The Killing Joke) is strongly referenced in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 27th, 2006, 3:44 pm

OK I've been wanting to put this up for a while: here's one (somewhat long) very well-written essay on Batman Begins and why the author thinks it's a great movie:

http://k-punk.abstractdynamics.org/archives/005757.html

And here's an essay from someone who has many problems with Begins:

http://amstranger.blogspot.com/2005/06/ ... l#comments (scroll to the TOP of the page)

They're both really good articles. I think the first one might have one or two profanities.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 27th, 2006, 7:57 pm

Just what <I>is</I> the Joker holding in that comic pic? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 27th, 2006, 9:23 pm

:P

I think it's a lever of some kind. Like the kind that makes a ride go. It took place in an abandoned amusement park (creepy! :roll:) where the Joker captures Commishioner Gordon and Barbara and hurts both of them physcially and mentally...pretty intense. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 13th, 2007, 5:08 am

Here's a little clip from that Tiny Toon adventures episode with Plucky Duck and Tim Burton, (The Return of Batduck) Kinda funny....:P....also it's been made into a music video on YouTube by "DATRAP" so you can't hear the dialougue.

But you get the gist of it....:wink:

BTW I think that brunette Catwoman is supposed to be Sean Young, the other actress who REALLY wanted to play CW but was rejected and kept returning to the Warner Bros. lot to harrass the executives and had to be thrown off. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 17th, 2007, 9:38 pm

OMG!!!! Heart attack! I just read this on AICN: I can't believe it!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31602

Apparently, Aaron Eckhart.....is..... Harvey Dent!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

(Who wants to bet he'll be better than Billy Dee, and Tommy Lee put together?? J/K :twisted: :wink: )

Oh My G-d......must be calm now..... :wink:
Last edited by ShyViolet on February 17th, 2007, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 17th, 2007, 9:41 pm

In case you haven't seen anything with him, here's what he looks like:

Also someone wrote this on AICN talkback: Sooooo funny and appropriate! :P

"Who's in charge?" "Eckhart, sir." "Oh, my god."
by GreatWhiteNoise Feb 16th, 2007
01:00:42 AM
Pat Hingle... you, sir, were correct

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

ShyViolet wrote:(Who wants to bet he'll be better than Billy Dee, and Tommy Lee put together?? J/K :twisted: :wink: )
I think Tommy Lee Jones would have made an excellent Two-Face, if only he hadn't been directed to play the role as comic relief. :(

ShyViolet wrote:Also someone wrote this on AICN talkback: Sooooo funny and appropriate...
That AICN quote is hilarious! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 18th, 2007, 4:26 pm

I think Tommy Lee Jones would have made an excellent Two-Face, if only he hadn't been directed to play the role as comic relief.

Yeah, and some parts I actually liked him in....especially when he tells Bruce that he "was always a good friend," or something. All in all it was Schumacker's direction/script that was flawed, not Tommy Lee. IMO Tommy Lee and Jim Carrey were the best parts of that film, even with the campiness!! :) :) :)

LOVE the part: "You were supposed to understand."

Chris O' Donnell and Nicole Kidman on the other hand..... :roll:

Also, check out this awesome montage of Batman movie characters! :)

http://www.n8itude.com/news/hollywood_2.php

(So funny....brings back memories of a an almost exact replica I had of Michelle's Catwoman mask, which I wore for Holloween that year! :))

Plus, with the other Batmans there, you can actually see just HOW AWFUL Cloony's Batsuit REALLY was! :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 19th, 2007, 1:02 am

ShyViolet wrote:LOVE the part: "You were supposed to understand."
I enjoy that scene too. Truth is, I really do like Batman Forever. There are just certain aspects of it - particularly regarding certain character portrayals - that I wish were different. Overall, though, I think it's a fun film. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 19th, 2007, 12:09 pm

I like Forever too, but not ...& Robin.

I just wish Keaton had played Bats one last time and we'd have a pretty good trilogy there. The longer cut of Forever, though, was balls.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 19th, 2007, 4:16 pm

Ben wrote:I like Forever too, but not ...& Robin.
My feelings exactly! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 19th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Truth is, I really do like Batman Forever
Me too...I just watched it for the first time a few days ago, and while it wasn't the best film in the world, it was entertaining. :D (My fav Batman film is still Begins, though.)