Will 2D animation die?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 6th, 2006, 11:43 pm

Meg wrote:
Homer looked way better in 3d...
Um...Sorry, but I'm not sure if you're kidding or not! :P :oops:
:oops: well, I was kidding in a way ;) its just seeing every episode and than watching this one, it makes Homer stand out a lot more IMO.

I still love my 2d Homey :)

Oh and Vi I didn't know that either :shock: thanks for that bit of info!, I probably would've known, but I haven't gottan the box set that features the epi :(

Christmas for sure :D, again thanks Vi!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 30th, 2006, 11:06 pm

Keep us posted, Vi! Smile

Wow, finally...... :)

This whole story behind Miracle Studios seems to be even stranger than you would think.

:shock: :?

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=011880

Oh, here's an article in a Milwaukee Journal that pretty mercilessly recounts all the (admittedly alleged) things we didn't know for the past two years.

http://www.animationnation.com/cgi-bin/ ... 1&t=011881

Hignite still refutes everything.

*Shakes head* :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 1st, 2006, 6:30 am

As I just said in another thread, it does seem that all the animation movies out there at the moment are simply variations on a theme.

So many films...so little choice!

------------------------------

Ron and John will save us!
I really hope they will...but it seems like, with the recent "changes" to Frog Princess, that that film might also be another "variation on a theme" (hip modern comedy/fairy tale) that we have seen SO MANY TIMES by now. :roll:

Like you said Ben, we need choices again! :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 1st, 2006, 10:01 am

Time to make the change... ch-ch-choices...! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 1st, 2006, 2:43 pm

(hip modern comedy/fairy tale)
I actually think The Frog Princess sounds really cool! We're finally getting an African American princess after all these years. And I'm really looking foward to see how the whole New Orleans/Voodo mood is pulled off. I can't wait for this one - in fact, if it was a traditional fairy-tale, I don't think I'd be as interested, becuase I would know what to expect (I'd still be very excited, though, don't get me wrong!).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 1st, 2006, 6:24 pm

Don't get me wrong--I think this sounds cool as well, especially the African-American princess part. That's loooooooong overdue.

But either way--whether she is Afro-American or "White/European", it would also be great to have a "serious/epic" traditional type fairy tale again--perhaps not EXACTLY as it would have been done in 1990, but evoking the kind of stuff that SO MANY people have longed for recently.

The only other hope I can see for that is Rupunzal, which as everyone knows is CGI anyway. I don't know if it's going to be a modern/ironic version or a traditonal type thing. Does anyone know this?

And I'm really looking foward to see how the whole New Orleans/Voodo mood is pulled off.
I also think this is kind of cool. Hey, did you watch "The Skeleton Key"? :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 1st, 2006, 8:11 pm

Rapunzel will be a "straight" telling of the story.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 1st, 2006, 8:40 pm

*relieved*

phew!

:?

:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 2nd, 2006, 11:45 am

Hey, did you watch "The Skeleton Key"?
Nope. Any good?
Rapunzel will be a "straight" telling of the story.
I'm very excited for Rupunzel. It'll be so interesting to see a traditional fairy-tale done in such a modern medium!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 2nd, 2006, 6:35 pm

Nope. Any good?
It's an O.K. horror film, some good acting and awesome location shooting in Lousiana. Medium-scary I'd say, better than a teen slasher flick, but not as good as a classic horror film like The Ring or 28 Days Later. (well, not even close.) It takes place in New Orleanes and has a LOT of that magic/voodoo stuff. That's the best part.

However, it also has

*Mild Spoiler*
One of those twist endings that pretty much negates everything that came before and "explains" everything that went on in one swoop.

Dontcha just love those? :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 2nd, 2006, 6:58 pm

Nope.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 3rd, 2006, 4:44 am

I don't either, I was just kidding! :P

That's why i put the :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 3rd, 2006, 11:16 am

I know. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 3rd, 2006, 6:46 pm

Post deleted....
Last edited by Daniel on June 29th, 2007, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 3rd, 2006, 7:43 pm

So....does anyone have any thoughts on the whole Miracle issue? :wink:

I'm not trying to beat up on Hignite, I'm just wondering how people feel about the whole thing.

BTW did you guys know that the reason SavedDisney.com became 4EverDisney.com was because Roy's camp saw it and SPECIFICALLY requested Hignite to change it, as it basically just copied their site, almost to a T?

That surprised me because.....seeing how the site LOOKED, I was sure that whoever made it had to have gotten permission from Roy! :roll: