The New DVD and Blu Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 18th, 2006, 1:18 pm

LOL, no need to edit! But thanks! :)

In my continuing quest to add to my collection AND see this year's animated films, I just picked up Monster House.

There's a WHOLE BUNCH of titles that I didn't get around to posting here, but I also got The Maltese Falcon 3-disc as well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 18th, 2006, 4:48 pm

Ben wrote:There's no 2-disc for Cars yet.

But there will be... ;)
Um yay :wink:

By the time I see this, I bet the 2 disc one will be out, so it works out for me :)

On topic, I really love the box :P it makes it look so fancy :D

If only I didn't own these films already :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 18th, 2006, 5:22 pm

There's no 2-disc for Cars yet.

But there will be... Wink
Other than Shrek and Shrek 2, DreamWorks has NEVER released 2 discs of anything, not even Prince of Egypt.

This really annoys me. :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 18th, 2006, 5:25 pm

We got "Over the Hedge" at the drugstore yesterday.

It has sneak peeks at "Shrek the Third" and "Bee Movie", both of which I have yet to watch.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 18th, 2006, 5:27 pm

It has sneak peeks at "Shrek the Third" and "Bee Movie", both of which I have yet to watch.
Oh G-d. :shock: No time to lose, must buy OTH DVD!!!!

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 18th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Yeah, me too! I wanna see extras, dangit! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 19th, 2006, 2:08 am

Meg wrote:Yeah, me too! I wanna see extras, dangit! :P
:lol: oh Meg! Me to! But really, does anyone watch the bonus feature more than a few times? I don't really :(. I watch them one to two times. And if its audio commentary I rarely ever listen to those more than once :roll:

Just curios :wink:

Btw: The film itself is another matter :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 19th, 2006, 2:45 am

Haha Vi :wink: I'm betting there cheepy previews, you know the know give away plot ones :)

Anyway, I got the Little Mermaid PE and have finally seen all the bonus features. Vi was right, it was worth seeing disc 2 :P

I loved the making of it, and seeing Pat Carrol OMG :D love her voice!!

And seeing insperation from Walt Disney, I didn't even know that! :shock: (disney fan)

I almost cried watching "Little Matchgirl" it was so sad :( and beautifully animated with a music score to match. Definetly a must see :D

Other DVD's I got recently were "Scary Godmother Halloween Spooktacular" and its sequel "Scary Godmother The Revenge of Jimmy" for those who don't know, these were direct to tv movies that were shown on CN. Great movies for anyone interested, :D not to mention CN will be re-airing these all month :roll: So check your local listings!! :wink:

Btw: got them as a set for under 20$ from Wal-Mart! Great bargain if I do say so myself :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 19th, 2006, 6:03 am

Just a head's up, Vi:

The Bee Movie promo follows along the same lines as the Ben Stiller-hosted look at Madagascar. It's mainly Jerry talking about the movie, but with a generous helping of clips spread about.

The Shrek The Third "preview" is ANYTHING BUT! It's essentially a loooong re-cap of the first two movies, with NO NEW ANIMATION other than the logo at the end. Nothing on the new story, characters or anything. You may as well watch Shrek and Shrek 2 again and get more out of them than see this. It's NOT a reason to buy this DVD.

Just so you weren't disappointed. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 19th, 2006, 6:06 am

Cars is a Pixar film, Vi. I really don't see what DreamWorks' 2-dsc DVD plans are have anything to do with this!

And, though they don't issue two-disc sets, their singles are pretty packed. If you look at the data rates on them, you'll see that they could be 2-discs with the same amount of content if they upped the bitrate for the movie to fill disc one and move the extras to disc two. But it's the same content.

Coming from both studios, both Pixar and DWs have filled their two disc sets with filler - a redundant fullscreen version of a movie is never needed and essentially the Monsters, Nemo and Shrek discs could have easily been packed single discs.

Youeth complaineth too muchest. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 19th, 2006, 11:18 am

Sounds like the "Bee Movie" preview is better than the "Shrek" one.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 19th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Just so you weren't disappointed. Smile
\

Thanks Ben. Much appreciated. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 20th, 2006, 6:26 am

I would even go that far - the Shrek one couldn't even be called a preview. It literally is a "story so far" and wraps with a "find out what happens next in Shrek The Third" type narration.

NOTHING new.

Bee Movie looks fun. A cross between Antz and Over The Hedge, at first glance.

AV Team
AV Team

Bratz

Post by Dacey » December 8th, 2006, 10:33 am

Okay, how did THIS movie get greenlit?!?!

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=17862

I smell Oscar.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 8th, 2006, 11:46 am

Tthis might be even top "Baby Geniuses 2"!

:P