Flushed Away

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2006, 5:08 am

Looks like Paul Allen is non-too happy with DWA either:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/bu ... 1003252213

Essentially, he doesn't think Flushed Away is going to be any cop and wants to try and get some investment back pronto.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 12th, 2006, 4:08 pm

It will be very interesting to see how "Flushed Away" does at the box office.

It's opening against "Santa Clause 3" in the US, which may end up killing its chances at "Blockbuster" success here.

But I still think it could do reasonably well.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2006, 7:28 pm

How much promotion is Santa 3 getting?

I'd bet that Disney want to bury their rival's film, and this Tim Allen franchise <I>is</I> a big hitter. I think we'll see some carnage here...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 14th, 2006, 3:59 am

Looks like Paul Allen is non-too happy with DWA either:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/bu ... 1003252213

Essentially, he doesn't think Flushed Away is going to be any cop and wants to try and get some investment back pronto.
*Sighs* Oy vay.... :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 14th, 2006, 11:01 am

Here are ten clips (that I haven't watched) for anyone who's interested:

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16988
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 15th, 2006, 6:48 am

I can't help wondering, with FA coming out in a few short weeks and the DW/Aardman split, why have so few animation websites talking about this film? :?:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ribbedebie » October 17th, 2006, 10:51 am

i saw an trailer in the cinema of flushed away. but a very dim translator called the rats mouses! lol
(the other trailers were one from happy feet and one i don't renember)
hehe, i went to see open season with an handful of people and i was the only one who knowed the trailers even if they just started! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 30th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Here's a very good review taken from the Hollywood Reporter:

Review

Maybe this'll be a hit after all.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2006, 5:57 am

As my time frees up a bit, I'm looking forward to seeing this in a theater.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 31st, 2006, 5:17 pm

Right now, it has an 83% freshness rating at rottentomatoes.com. Seems like DW's got two Oscar nominations in the bag this year.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/flushed_away/

Although, to be fair, there are only six reviews collected so far. But still, this is good news.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 31st, 2006, 8:14 pm

Oh wow. I'm really happy to hear this. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 1st, 2006, 9:29 am

Surprise, surprise. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 1st, 2006, 7:30 pm

Yeah, well....:)

FA's 80% so far on RT...even the less positive reviews are not as damning as they could be.

Except, well, then there's this guy: (who admits he liked FA better than anything else this year, and then procedes to say how he's sick of talking animals and that blah blah blah, it's all rich executives lining their pockets and he's sick of "life lessons" films, etc...he doesn't damn Pixar in his rant, but at least he doesn't praise them as lightyears ahead of eveyone else. Actually, he doesn't mention them at all.)

But he mentions DW...oh, boy, does he...he even posts a pic of FA (looks so adorable BTW) on his article, even though he SAYS he liked it,
but no more talking animals! EVERY! But then at the end of the rant, sorry, article, he mentions Bambi and how great it is that he didn't know who voiced Thumber. Um, Thumper was a talking animal. Who learned life lessons. So did Bambi.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 1st, 2006, 7:36 pm

Yeah, well....:)

FA's 80% so far on RT...even the less positive reviews are not as damning as they could be.

Except, well, then there's this guy: (who admits he liked FA better than anything else this year, and then procedes to say how he's sick of talking animals and that blah blah blah, it's all rich executives lining their pockets and he's sick of "life lessons" films, etc...he doesn't damn Pixar in his rant, but at least he doesn't praise them as lightyears ahead of eveyone else. Actually, he doesn't mention them at all.)

This guy just re-hashes the same boring junk that's been said again and again. American animation is terrible! It all looks alike! Walt is spinning in his grave! Executives are laughing while sleeping on top of a pile of money! Bring in Miyazaki and have him take over the studios!
VERY original, braniac. I wonder if he's expecting a Pulitzer for this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15501053/

Like I said before...I actually DO agree with some of what he says. Just not the lame and incredibly derivative way that he says it.

He doesn't every articulate exactly how the plots of Flushed Away, Open Season and Over the Hedge are "exactly the same" or exactly what it is that makes him hate these films so much.

He's just trying to score "hip" and "saavy" points and that's what irks me most of all. A real writer would actually list specific things about each film that are boring/derivative/tired--he doesn't.

Plus he disses Steve Carrell.

O.K., *Daffy Duck voice* this means war! :roll: :twisted: (J/K)

Personally I think that many people here, including the ones who dislike some DW films :) :wink:, are way more articulate than he is! :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 2nd, 2006, 8:07 am

Um, thank-you? ;)