Pirates of the Caribbean Franchise

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 23rd, 2006, 5:11 am

It's official--Johnny Depp's inspiration for Jack Sparrow, Keith Richards, is set to be in Pirates 3! :)

http://www.totalfilm.com/movie_news/kei ... _pirates_3
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2006, 3:12 pm

This has been a "rumor confirmed" for a good couple of months now. The question wasn't so much if, as in when they were going to shoot it. Glad it's actually been done and dusted now so that we can stop hoping that it's true! Will be fun to see what they do, though I hope there's no self-parodying going on...Depp came too close to that in the last one...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 25th, 2006, 4:08 pm

Speaking of Richards and Pirates...

Keith Richards "Drunk" on Pirates of the Caribbean Set

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 26th, 2006, 6:19 pm

Hahahahahaha! That's just too funny! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 10th, 2006, 5:05 am

An update on Pirates of the Caribbean IV: (*spoiler*)
It looks as though the sequel is being written without the character of Will Turner (Orlando Bloom).
Cinematical wrote:...so says a Disney insider who spoke to the British paper Daily Star. According to the source, the script for the fourth film is currently being written, and Disney bean counters are already examining ways to cut its massive costs. They have concluded that although both Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley are essential to the continued success of the series, Orlando's character is human NyQuil and "not necessary" to maintain the gravy train... Whether or not he will be killed in the third movie, due next summer, or be bumped off early in the fourth is not specified.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 10th, 2006, 3:00 pm

That...sucks.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2006, 3:16 pm

Hmmm, I actually think Bloom makes a bland but much needed third member of that particular triangle.

Nice to see, though obvious, that they're going ahead with a fourth...I only wonder now whether the script changes rumored on Pirates III's third act are true, leading to another cliff-hanger rather than a trilogy tie-up we were expecting.

Apparently while still filming III, deals were struck with all the major players to keep the franchise going to a possible six films...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 10th, 2006, 4:17 pm

Must. Not. Click. On. Spoiler!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2006, 10:49 pm

I didn't actually get what was spoilerific about Mickey's post actually.

It's just speculation and doesn't say one way or the other that anything is happening for certain in any upcoming movies, III included.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 11th, 2006, 3:41 am

The post says one of the main characters may die in Pirates III. I'd say that's pretty "spoilerific," even if it is just speculation. Before they see the film themselves, some people don't even want a hint of a possible twist or turn in a movie.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 11th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Hmmmm. I'm now tempted to click on it. ;)

But I won't! Yet...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 11th, 2006, 5:58 pm

But we all know that Cap'n Jack dies in the next one, don't we? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 11th, 2006, 6:00 pm

No. He already died.

In the third one, he'll "Un-die". ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 12th, 2006, 10:28 am

I found out Captain Jack's fate long before I saw Dead Man's Chest - something I didn't want to happen. Hence, I didn't want to be reponsible for spoiling Pirates III for someone.

Anyway, looks like the rumor is untrue:
IGN FilmForce wrote:...public relations firm New Media Strategies, who says it's working with Disney on the franchise, issued a statement today calling rumors of Bloom's departure "completely unfounded."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 12th, 2006, 3:36 pm

So I'm guessing that the rumor was that Will Turner would die?