X-men

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » June 4th, 2006, 7:35 pm

I think they will do a X MEN 4: THE NEW GENERATION, as Jackman and Berry will become out of price and the big names gone, starring the young mutants: Iceberg, Kitty, Collosus, Angel... and maybe with new long awaited mutants like Gambit!! ! !
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 4th, 2006, 10:20 pm

There are only 3 words that could possibly save this series:

M. Knight Shyamalan

He is an amazing director and a HUGE comic book fan. (unlike Singer and Rattner)

Bryan Singer is pretty awesome himself, but I think if M. Knight took a crack at this, he might even outdo the first two films.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 4th, 2006, 10:28 pm

What are you talking about? Bryan Singer is a HUGE comic book fan himself, to the best of my knowledge anyway. ;)

Now, if they make Gromit a Mutant, they'll have no trouble making a fourth movie.: D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 4th, 2006, 10:57 pm

What are you talking about? Bryan Singer is a HUGE comic book fan himself, to the best of my knowledge anyway. Wink
I guess he could be, but I'm pretty sure he knew next to nothing about X-Men going into it.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 5th, 2006, 12:00 pm

That's odd. I always heard that he walked in as a man with enormous respect for the source material. But I could be wrong.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » June 5th, 2006, 1:10 pm

There are only 3 words that could possibly save this series:

M. Knight Shyamalan
The guy who thinks every movie has to have a surprise ending. And I highly doubt he is the only person on the face of the planet who could make a good X-Men movie. I liked Sixth Sense but every film of his after that I've had mixed feelings about.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 5th, 2006, 4:27 pm

"Signs" was pretty good.

And I'm excited about his next film, which is coming out in July.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 5th, 2006, 4:44 pm

I liked Signs too. And I don't think The Village was as bad as everyone said it was.

It was a good film, just not a good "monster movie".

If that makes sense. :wink:

Plus, Unbreakable shows that this guy KNOWS what comic books are about, through and through.
Last edited by ShyViolet on June 5th, 2006, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 5th, 2006, 4:45 pm

Hmmmmm.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » June 7th, 2006, 2:08 am

Brandon and I saw X3 at the AMC theater in Downtown Disney in Orlando, and it was at 12:45 at night!

Before I comment about the movie, I wanna say that it was THE best movie theater I've ever been in. The sound ruled.

Now about X3...There is no way that the series can end there. 2 things definitely left the door wide open for a sequel. I won't say what they are so as not to spoil anything. But it was the best of the 3 films IMO.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 7th, 2006, 10:49 am

I still think M. Knight would do a great job. :D

Who's with me? J/K :wink:

2 things definitely left the door wide open for a sequel.
I'm pretty sure they were planning for that all along. That's why I didn't like those plot twists at all.

The "drama" of the deaths was completely unearned, we never got proper closure on any of them (well, yeah, 'cause they're not really dead of course, but did they have to be so blatant about it?) That's why I felt cheated while watching this film...it didnt' feel like a movie, more like "stepping stone" to #4. Count me out if Rattner is involved!

And how could they mess up Dark Pheonix so badly? It was enough to make you cry... :cry:
Plus I hate to be Comic Book Guy/Fangirl/Geek/Nerd or what have you....but the whole "Death of Xavier" was handled so badly. We never believe for a moment that he's "really" dead, that's why it's so lame.

*COMIC SPOILERS*!!!!!!The comics had this exact theme at one point. Xavier is killed by his illegitamite son, Legion, who's insane and thinks that if he goes back in time and kills Magneto, then his dad will be proud of him.
But BOOM! He accidentally kills Xavier when Charles takes the shot for Erik. And there you are....Xavier's dead, and the whole universe gets messed up and we get a whole Back to the Future/alternate timeline story. Xavier never existed, Apocolypse rules the world and MAGNETO, of all people, is fighting for mutant/human tolerance.
It really feels like Charles is dead and not coming back. (although he does eventually, of course.) But at least the drama is EARNED and not blugeoned like what we see in X3.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 7th, 2006, 11:53 am

Wow, Violet. You sure know a lot about the comics. I'm impressed. Most of the girls I've met don't care about comics and their eyes glaze over when I try to tell them something about it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 7th, 2006, 11:59 am

Aw, thanks. *blushes* :oops: :) That's really nice of you to say.

I know some stuff about X-Men and Batman, a little on Superman, almost nothing on Spiderman. (except for the cartoons)

I recently also read part of the Sandman by Neil Gaiman, which was definetely interesting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 7th, 2006, 12:03 pm

My college's library got some Sandman comics right before we let out for summer, so I'll probably read those when I get back to school in August. I've heard for years that they're excellent.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 7th, 2006, 12:19 pm

This is really funny: (From Wordplay.com, website of Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio, wrote many famous screenplays including Shrek and Aladdin)

Code: Select all

JON PETERS: At the opposite end of the scale is Jon Peters. He's the exception we mentioned earlier. Ted and I rarely speak ill of anyone... but... how this man continues to find work in this business escapes me. Working on Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN  project, we started our pitch with the following: "So Burgess casts a spell, trying to capture the personification of DEATH -- but instead, gets the personification of DREAM (the Sandman) instead!" Peters didn't get it -- how could Death be a person? -- and we spent almost half an hour on just that sentence. The next half hour was spent with him telling us the opening seance should be people playing with a Ouija board. It was, as they say in the business, simply a d***-measuring contest. And it turns out, yes, Peters was the biggest d***.
BTW, Jon Peters was that guy who told Kevin Smith that Superman should have bodyguards and Lex Luther should fight polar bears and have a Robot sidekick a la Chewie.