Fantasia

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 29th, 2006, 7:38 am

Welcome back Justin! :)

I agree...those clips brought back that excited feeling when a new traditionally animated film came out and we all wondered what it was going to be like.

Nowadays, it's all about the voices, how great the hair/fur/textures are, and how offensive the wind gags are... :roll:

No sound on the clip (or was that just me?) but the look is so "ahhhh"... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 29th, 2006, 8:53 am

No sound for me either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » May 29th, 2006, 9:39 am

There isn't meant to be sound on the video file. There will be a clip with sound on the Little Mermaid's DVD Bonus Features section.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 29th, 2006, 4:25 pm

A "clip" with sound?

I understood that we'd get the whole short (hopefully presented in 1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen and with a smattering of bonuses like a commentary and maybe the other story routes they went).

Then again...I'd love to see this pop up on that compedium of animated shorts that's supposedly coming out this summer...we haven't heard anymore about that since it was announced when Roy came back "home", so hopefully it's still on.

That's gonna be one heck of a set!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » May 29th, 2006, 4:32 pm

I meant, sorry, there'll be a clip on the bonus features section of the DVD Website. LOL don't panic!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 29th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Then again...I'd love to see this pop up on that compedium of animated shorts that's supposedly coming out this summer...we haven't heard anymore about that since it was announced when Roy came back "home", so hopefully it's still on.
I think that was supposed to be a collection of Oscar-nominated shorts, but maybe Little Matchgirl will get an Oscar nomination.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 31st, 2006, 11:15 am

Yeah, it was an Oscar nom set, but no harm in hoping that we'd get some "extras" which might be hard to fit into any other release!

BTW, I'm guessing now that if that set is still on that we may finally get the Pixar shorts out there now that they're Mouse House-owned.

Since only a few got noms, maybe the Mouse could put out a decent "Pixar Shorts" collection, from Andre And Wally B up to One Man Band (thus also creating Oscar buzz for that film)...???

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 31st, 2006, 3:10 pm

Since only a few got noms, maybe the Mouse could put out a decent "Pixar Shorts" collection, from Andre And Wally B up to One Man Band (thus also creating Oscar buzz for that film)...???
I've often wondered how neat it would be if they did that - in fact I think I mentioned it once around here somewhere.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 31st, 2006, 4:45 pm

Yeah, it was an Oscar nom set, but no harm in hoping that we'd get some "extras" which might be hard to fit into any other release!
I don't have a problem with that idea either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 1st, 2006, 4:44 pm

this looks so good. i am going to have to pick up a copy of the little mermaid now. :D i think we were getting one either way. but now it gives us so much more reason.
the story sounds classic.
i havent read the book.
now i want to.
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » June 1st, 2006, 4:51 pm

I know the story because my grandmother used to read it every Christmas and cry every time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » June 1st, 2006, 4:56 pm

awww. thats so sweet. i love it.
~a-G ^-^
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » June 3rd, 2006, 10:15 am

More to drool over - it's gorgeous! Come back to us TRUE Disney animation! We miss you [CLICK HERE] Reminds me of the opening of 'Anastasia' here and there - also quite beautiful!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 3rd, 2006, 3:12 pm

I'm not surpised Paris had a role in this...some of that looks very much like Hunchback's opening...lovely.

This really should get a theatrical showing (on the front of Pirates 2, please!) to qualify for the Academy Awards next year.

Nevertheless, the good buzz this has been getting around the web means that people are ready for GOOD cartooning again. I can't wait for more from this, and more from Disney animation!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » June 4th, 2006, 1:28 pm

Yeah it does have a Hunchback look. Now that'd be nice to see a 2 DVD come out for.... Not enough on my 'Special Edition' one disc affair! Esp. when I look at my 'Art of Hunchback' hardback. Sigh. :roll: