Manga & Anime THREAD

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:28 pm

Ah, I see.

Is this "Fraidy Cat"?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 3rd, 2006, 2:45 pm

No, Fraidy Cat was an idea from Rob Clements & John Musker - a project once set to be part of the Walt Disney Feature Animation canon. Last August, Jim Hill presented a rather interesting piece on the cancellation of the feature: http://tinyurl.com/fk4u7.

Cat Tale comes from Imagi Entertainment, the studio behind the upcoming Ninja Turtles animated film. If Disney were to release the picture, it would be very similar to Disney's releasing of The Wild and Valiant.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:50 pm

Disney's not releasing "Ninja Turtles", are they?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 3rd, 2006, 2:53 pm

I don't think so.

I caught the trailer before it went off-line - it was basically Robots with cats.' At least the main character wasn't orange...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:55 pm

Speaking of orange cats, "Garfield 2" has, like, the worst trailer ever. I hope and pray that the actual movie is better.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 3rd, 2006, 3:16 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Disney's not releasing "Ninja Turtles", are they?
No, Warner Bros. and The Weinstein Co. are handling the distribution of that film.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 3rd, 2006, 4:14 pm

Ninja Turtles is coming out through Dimension, the "genre" devision of Miramax now co-owned by Disney and the Weinsteins.

Could be that Cat Tale is following that route??

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 3rd, 2006, 8:05 pm

Are you sure Disney co-owns Dimension, Ben? I thought the Weinsteins took it with them when they left Miramax. However, Disney's Miramax and Dimension still collaborate on some projects, such as the Scary Movie and Spy Kids films.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 4th, 2006, 8:24 am

They certainly have a partnership deal with Dimension, though who "owns" it is under debate.

Disney, essentially, distributes these films, not the Weinstein Company, so I guess it's more in Disney favor. Not a fact, but just how I see this working.

Banned
Banned

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 12:26 pm

Is anybody here familiar with this Anime show? If so, post your thoughts about the series here.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2006, 3:47 pm

Yes, and like a lot of your posts, we already have threads open on this.

Can you say "search", Movie-Man??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 21st, 2006, 10:38 pm

I've only seen like one episode of this, but it was one of the ones in the middle so I had no idea what was going on. This is one of those series (along with Trigun, Outlaw Star and Ghost In The Shell) that I keep meaning to see someday, but I haven't yet (primarily because currently, I can't afford to pay $100+ for a boxset. Maybe someday...).

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 21st, 2006, 10:40 pm

eddievalient wrote:I've only seen like one episode of this, but it was one of the ones in the middle so I had no idea what was going on. This is one of those series (along with Trigun, Outlaw Star and Ghost In The Shell) that I keep meaning to see someday, but I haven't yet (primarily because currently, I can't afford to pay $100+ for a boxset. Maybe someday...).
You know, you could see the show on Adult Swim, no really Evangelion now airs on Adult Swim.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hoagiebot » April 23rd, 2006, 6:06 am

I was part of two Japanese anime clubs during my 5 years of college, so I have seen a lot of anime in my day. With that said, Evangelelion was definitely not one of my favorites. There were some good parts here and there, like that one angel they had to take out with a makeshift giant robot-sized sniper rifle early on, but over all the show is way too demented, surreal, and twisted for my tastes. I also found the little tidbits of humor and sexual tension that were thrown in to be tired and uninteresting. I know that there are tons of people out there who love this show (which was why the clubmembers of the assorted anime clubs that I was part of forced me to watch the entire series twice in its original Japanese dub with English subtitles) but I never found this show to be very appealing myself. I'll take Cowboy Beebop over Evangelion any day!
There's a 68.71% chance that I'm right.
END OF LINE

[b][i][url=http://www.projectdestinystudios.com/]Project Destiny Studios™[/url]
[url=http://www.foxee.net/]Foxee.Net - Home of Foxee™ the Interactive Arctic Blue Fox![/url][/i][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » May 27th, 2006, 10:15 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Speaking of orange cats, "Garfield 2" has, like, the worst trailer ever. I hope and pray that the actual movie is better.
yup. same feeling here. please. oh please let this be better. the first one ummm well just okay. not very intresting. i think the plot is kinda cute though for the sequal.
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]