Most anticipated Disney animated sequel of 2006?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links

What is your most anticipated Disney animated sequel of 2006?

Bambi II (Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest)
56%
Brother Bear II
19%
Fox and the Hound 2
25%

Total votes: 16

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 18th, 2006, 4:38 pm

askmike1 wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:But the rest completely suck.
1) Have you ever actually seen the recent sequels (Bambi II, Tarzan 2, etc) which are all done much better than the early sequel days (Hunchback 2, Cinderella 2)?

2) Care to offer a reason why you think they are bad? Saying "the rest are horrible" doesn't really telling us anything.
I've seen Hunchback 2, it's bad and I don't intend to see the other sequels, they don't look good anyway, I prefer sequels like the Nightmare on Elm Street sequels now they're way better, the only Disney sequel I liked was Return to Neverland.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 18th, 2006, 6:41 pm

O...kay...

Y'know, I still don't get how a lot of people stand up for the Aladdin sequels, especially King Of Thieves... it stank of Saturday morning values if ever I saw them!

True, that film WAS influential in upping the budgets and leading to better writing and animation quality, but the quality only really started to pick up on Lion King II, after which there was a bad dip for Hunchback, Pocahontas, Cinderella and Little Mermaid follow-ups.

After that, things have been un-needed, but not without some merits among them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » April 18th, 2006, 7:12 pm

Movie-Man wrote:I've seen Hunchback 2, it's bad and I don't intend to see the other sequels, they don't look good anyway.
Okay, Hunchback 2 was arguably the worst animated movie ever made. It is really not the one to base your opinion of sequels on.
Y'know, I still don't get how a lot of people stand up for the Aladdin sequels, especially King Of Thieves... it stank of Saturday morning values if ever I saw them!
I'm not a huge fan of Return of Jafar, but I thought King of Theives was great. Even though the animation wasn't great, Robin Williams back as the Genie was hysterical & it actually had some memorable songs (and plot).
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 18th, 2006, 7:27 pm

"King of Theives" is alright. I like the voice of John Rhys-Davis.

But there have been better sequels made: "The Jungle Book II", "Return to Never Land", "Lion King 1 1/2", "Lion King II", etc.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 18th, 2006, 8:15 pm

The original songs in King of Thieves were great. Very catchy tunes, unlike most songs in these sequels.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 18th, 2006, 10:28 pm

King of Theives is awesome!

I liked both sequels to aladdin actually.

The Lion King 2 was horrid, but TLK 1 1/2 was fantastic. An Extremely Goofy Movie isn't anywhere near as good as the first, but it stands good on its own.

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 18th, 2006, 11:10 pm

You know, you're the first people I know who actually like Disney sequels.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 19th, 2006, 5:40 pm

James wrote:The original songs in King of Thieves were great. Very catchy tunes, unlike most songs in these sequels.
I have to admit that I have the soundtrack CD with the songs from King Of Thieves and Return Of Jafar, and agree they are very good for the DTV levels. Very "hummable".

Movie-Man wrote:You know, you're the first people I know who actually like Disney sequels.
Well...we like animation, and when it's done well, it's done well.

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 19th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Ben wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:You know, you're the first people I know who actually like Disney sequels.
Well...we like animation, and when it's done well, it's done well.
But in case you haven't noticed, most people are against Disney sequels, they're really sick of them.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 19th, 2006, 6:11 pm

I guess that's why stuff like Bambi II sells so well then...

Seriously, while no-one is asking for them to be made, one must not forget the artists who strive to do a good job given the time and budget limitations.

And for a long while now, the Disney DTV output is the only high quality traditional animation we're seeing from any big studio, so if it's keeping the folks working who can come back to animate the really great stuff again in the future, then so be it.

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 19th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Ben wrote:I guess that's why stuff like Bambi II sells so well then...

Seriously, while no-one is asking for them to be made, one must not forget the artists who strive to do a good job given the time and budget limitations.

And for a long while now, the Disney DTV output is the only high quality traditional animation we're seeing from any big studio, so if it's keeping the folks working who can come back to animate the really great stuff again in the future, then so be it.
That's because stupid brainwashed kids and Disney idiots buy that crap and Disney is only making cheap idiot Disney sequels because they want money.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 19th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Damn dude. What is this BRAINWASHING bull you spew? Come up with something other than "Stupid brainwashed kids".

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 19th, 2006, 7:01 pm

Macaluso wrote:Damn dude. What is this BRAINWASHING bull you spew? Come up with something other than "Stupid brainwashed kids".
Disney is scamming kids, I can picture kids watching the film and it ends up being crap and they'd be disappointed.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 19th, 2006, 7:02 pm

Some films DO end up being crap! But kids are kids! They enjoy a lot of crap because their kids! They don't require DEEP thoughtful storytelling.

I don't like Kronks New Groove OR The Lion King 2, but I'm sure a small child would. Who cares dude?

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 19th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Macaluso wrote:Some films DO end up being crap! But kids are kids! They enjoy a lot of crap because their kids! They don't require DEEP thoughtful storytelling.

I don't like Kronks New Groove OR The Lion King 2, but I'm sure a small child would. Who cares dude?
But other people do, people who watch Disney end up watching a crappy sequel and there are Disney fans who don't like Disney sequels, if Walt Disney was still alive he'd be pissed or have a heart attack.