Award archives...

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 4th, 2006, 3:45 pm

"Cars", "Flushed Away", and I'm unsure of the third one. I'd include "Meet the Robinsons", but as that's been moved (DAG-NABIT) to next year, I can't put that.

I'm 100% sure that either Flsuhed Away or Cars will win, and unless any other animated films this year are REALLY GOOD, they won't stand a chance.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 5th, 2006, 3:00 am

It'll probably be Cars.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » March 5th, 2006, 7:17 am

The Wild
Monster House
The Ant Bully

and the Wild is a lock for winning...

:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 5th, 2006, 8:55 am

Oh yes, most definatly.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Academy Awards

Post by Phil » March 6th, 2006, 12:40 pm

I know there was a live chat during the show, but for those of us who couldn't make it, give us your reaction to the Oscar broadcast.

I'm not as much interested in the awards themselves. (I only saw one out of all the films nominated in all the categories.) But I just like to watch the show.

I was especially pleased to see Chicken Little and Abby Mallard as presenters.

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Academy Awards

Post by Dacey » March 6th, 2006, 12:42 pm

Phil wrote: I was especially pleased to see Chicken Little and Abby Mallard as presenters.
Speaking of that part of the show, does anyone know where I could find pics of them as presenters? I've been wanting to make some Avatars.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 6th, 2006, 1:36 pm

I really enjoyed Ben Stiller's green screen joke, especially Spielberg's reaction. Perhaps Stiller should host the Oscars?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 6th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Wait a minute... WHAT?!

Chicken Little and Abby Mallard? You mean the cartoons or the voices that played them? Because I'm going to be upset if I missed yet ANOTHER live action/cartoon award presentation like the bugs bunny thing years ago.

Also, I was so happy that Reese Witherspoon won her award. She's a little CUTIEpie.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 6th, 2006, 2:46 pm

Yes, Chicken Little and Abby Mallard (the characters) presented the Oscar for Best Animated Short.

This is the only picture I've been able to find thus far:
http://tinyurl.com/z28ko

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 6th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Their animation looked weird. Maybe it's becuase it's the oscars and everything, but I remember Enda Mode not looking like crap.

Dear lord, other than the outfits, the Oscars were boring this year.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 6th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Mickey wrote:Yes, Chicken Little and Abby Mallard (the characters) presented the Oscar for Best Animated Short.

This is the only picture I've been able to find thus far:
http://tinyurl.com/z28ko
Thankies.

Unfortunately, it won't make a very good Avatar. Unless, of course, I make one of the back of Reese's head. ;)

EDIT: Oh, never mind. I made one anyway, and I even kinda like it. So, thanks again.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 6th, 2006, 6:28 pm

You're welcome, Wendy's Jane. I kinda' like your avatar too (it certainly is original!). :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 6th, 2006, 10:16 pm

Okay, Here's what I thought. The cowboy montage at the beginning was funny, but that's about the only thing that was. Jon Stewart is best with political humor and ever since the infamous Michael Moore acceptance speech (which I cheered), the oscar people have been actively trying to avoid being political, so it's not entirely his fault that he wasn't able to fulfill his potential. I was surprised that "Crash" won best picture. Everyone seemed to think "Brokeback Mountain" would win. I know better. As liberal as Hollywood people are, I knew they'd never give the award to a movie with gay themes (which is unfortunate). I was surprised because I thought for sure Best Picture would go to "Munich" or "Good Night and Good Luck". I assumed Wallace and Gromit would win, but I was still rooting for Corpse Bride (I'm a huge Tim Burton fan). Also, Dolly Parton was robbed. Her song was much better than the hip hop thing. Perhaps next year's host won't seem quite so out of his (or her) element.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 6th, 2006, 10:30 pm

Yes, Chicken Little and Abby Mallard (the characters) presented the Oscar for Best Animated Short.
I don't know if anyone remembers but Beavis and Butthead presented for Best Sound in March '97 Oscars. (I can't remember what won.)

There's a close-up of Tommy Lee Jones looking kind of annoyed.... :wink:

Since Chris Rock hosted last year, why didn't Marty the Zebra present? :(
Also, I was so happy that Reese Witherspoon won her award. She's a little CUTIEpie.
I like her too. She's so pretty and talented. I LOVE Pleasantville, Election and Legally Blonde. About time she got an Oscar.

(Funny how when Pleasantville first came out, NOBODY knew who Reese Witherspoon or Toby Macguire were! :roll: William H. Macy was the biggest star in that movie, and of course Don Knotts! :wink: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 6th, 2006, 10:32 pm

Over the Hedge all the way..... :wink:

Who can resist Hammy? :)
and the Wild is a lock for winning...
No, the Wild's gonna sweep the Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Original Screenplay. Just you wait.... :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!