Madagascar

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 13th, 2006, 10:24 pm

Loved it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 14th, 2006, 5:09 pm

And all this time, I thought Jeffery had gone insane or something.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 15th, 2006, 4:58 pm

LOVED it SO much. Those Penguins are adorable! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 15th, 2006, 5:45 pm

I hope it wins the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film.

Lino

Post by Lino » January 15th, 2006, 10:31 pm

I think madagacar was an excillent film. It both raised the bar in animation and gave us some realy enjoyable charcters. Although it fell a little in the last thirty minutes it was a very humerous and uplifting picture that deserves alot of credit. Could have done without the "candy man" refrance but still definatly a good flick.

Now, I am refering to NO ONE in this particular site or forum but there has been a partcular gripe of mine, the film Shark Tale was constantly being bashed for being racially offensive and having homosexual refrances(altrhough it was not), its a wonder it even made it into the theaters. However, The film madagascar has a character getting high on drugs ( its not like he was perposly taking them but they went and had him go through the haze not once but twice) but no fuss, no mention! Somthing wrong there.
Last edited by Lino on January 19th, 2006, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 16th, 2006, 3:49 pm

"Shark Tale" was offensive?

What?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2006, 11:41 am

Was a very funny piece of film, but as I said in another thread, I think the penguins have played out their one good joke now and it will be interesting to see how they adapt them to work afresh in the feature sequel.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 18th, 2006, 2:32 pm

When is that sequel, anyhow? I heard it was supposed to come in the summer of 2008, but then I heard that DW already has "Kung Fu Panda" slated for release at that time. Surely, DreamWorks wouldn't be so stupid as to compete with themselves, right?

Lino

Post by Lino » January 19th, 2006, 8:47 pm

I was under the impression it was a strait 2 DVD release as is the puss and boots sequel said to be. After all a madagascar 2 is also on slate for the big screen.

Lino

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa

Post by Lino » January 19th, 2006, 8:57 pm

Im not sure if any plot details will be released soon but If the penguins are in it I dont think anyone will complain. I enjoyed the first madagascar and Dreamsworks has done some fine work with the shrek sequel so it sounds like an interesting production. With D'works handed over to Paramount it could also be likely that they decide to take hold of the animation and make a madagascar TV series...maybe...maybe not . What do you think?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 19th, 2006, 8:58 pm

I liked it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 19th, 2006, 9:10 pm

I read about DW doing TV series on Nick a few days ago...It sounded interesting.

Anyway, I don't see how they could possibly make a sequel. How do you make a sequel to that? I don't know - I really don't know! I've seen the movie again and again and it just doesn't add up. And, ... Um. I think I sound like Reed Richards...And...I mean, how do you make a great story to that? The ending was pretty much just, "Okay. It's over". I could understand it if the boat still had gas in it, but it doesn't. HOOOOW.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 19th, 2006, 10:21 pm

More penguins. More lemurs.

'Nuff said.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 20th, 2006, 7:32 am

Hm. Guess that's a good excuse.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 20th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Was a very funny piece of film, but as I said in another thread, I think the penguins have played out their one good joke now and it will be interesting to see how they adapt them to work afresh in the feature sequel.

Their personalities were more defined in the short. Private was sweet and good-natured, Skipper kept them all together, Rico was the crazy one.
Also if you have the Madagascar DVD, you HAVE to watch "Penguin Chat"--the Penguin commentary. It's so so so so cute. :wink:

"Chug, chug, chug,chug, chug ,chug...!" :D

BTW I think the Penguins are way cuter than Wheezy the Penguin from Toy Story 2. I love Toy Story 2 but Wheezy was kind of annoying.

John Lassetter does this whole intro for the disc while holding Wheezy the Penguin and "talking" to him.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!