Bambi: Diamond Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » November 7th, 2005, 10:50 pm

I saw it already!!!!! its soo cool, and the anim is better than i thought!!Bambi will know how to love his father and his father will be with him!!
i cant wait for february 7!

It is strange though, that in Bambi 1 his father is like too misterious.. and here is like he is too comic and fun.
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 8th, 2005, 7:43 am

This is the same trailer that's been playing on all the recent Disney DVDs.

As you say, the father was mysterious in the original, and that's just how Walt wanted it.

Bambi II, for all its great animation, is a DTV konck-off which simply can't treat the characters with any real reverance to the original, hence why the father comes off as being "too comic and fun".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » November 8th, 2005, 2:44 pm

YEs i think this will be the only second part that i will like. The animation looks great and the story is great.We will know a lot about Bambi´s dad cause he said in th trailer: when i was younger i was lik you, Bambi." and i refered him as fun and comic because in the trailer he plays with his son and he says: "who me?" as: "im too old for this"
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Hey Y'all
I'm new to this forum but I'm not new to forums. Does that make sense? I already see some familiar faces here and they already know me. But for those of you how don't know me I am a die hard Bambi fan. I've read the books and I've seen the movie god knows how many times. So I would say that I'm a Bambi expert. If there was a Bambi Trivia game I would win all the time. I also like cars and ironically enough I like to go hunting.

OK so here is my take on the new film Bambi II or as I prefer Bambi: And the Great Prince of the Forest. That's the first thing that I dislike the title change. The original title was how should I say a whole lot better than the title now that lacks substance.

The animation is alright, I like that they use traditional animation than using the help with a computer. But it's not all hand made unlike the original where the backgrounds were painted and the characters were drawn by pencil then colored in. I'm an armature artist so I like to criticize this subject a lot. In the original movie they used Impressionism (for the background) and Abstract (Bambi/Ronno brawl). Not the case in this movie which is why I wont appreciate it as much as the original.

There are also rumors that the characters are going to sing and use "fart jokes" which I will not appreciate at all. So... they better not. Actually I hear that they're going to use the original score from Bambi and incorporate it in the new movie. Which is nice however there is also a rummer that they will use modern pop or country music which I think will ruin the movie. I mean these are just somethings you don't put in a Disney Classic movie mid-queal this magnitude.

Incorporating more human facial expression and characteristics I will tolerate but to an extent. Disney did a great job by not overdoing it in the original film so it kept it's realistic. But in this new film from what I saw from the trailer that is totally the opposite. Hopefully, I will be able to tolerate that as well.

I like GP's personality in the original. He was mysterious, kept to himself and practically didn't care about anything. But in this movie it's the opposite which I don't like.

Non the less I'm totally excited and can't wait until Bambi II comes out. I like to see how it actually turns out and who knows maybe I'll like it.

Well I must say not to bad for a first post. :)
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y64/Zoltack/Bambi/?start=0]Bambi Pics and Avatars[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » November 29th, 2005, 3:02 pm

I agree, they should use the full title. They should call it Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest officially and let people call it Bambi II unofficially if they want to. I believe there will be country/pop songs in it as well as some reworking of the original score.

BTW, why does Johnnie Cochran think that Chewbaacca lives on Endor?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Christian wrote:I believe there will be country/pop songs in it as well as some reworking of the original score.
Well they better not because I don't know how much I can tolerate.
Christian wrote:BTW, why does Johnnie Cochran think that Chewbaacca lives on Endor?
That's why it doesn't make sense. ;)
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y64/Zoltack/Bambi/?start=0]Bambi Pics and Avatars[/url]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 29th, 2005, 4:41 pm

What's Chewy doing on a show like "South Park" anyway?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 4:51 pm

:)
Alright I'll explain it. Johnnie Cochran is a famous attorney but he died not too long ago. He's famous for the OJ Simpson trial using his "Chewbacca Defense." The Chewbacca Defense is where an attorney uses propaganda and red herring fallacies to dazzle the jury. So merely South Park was mocking him for using the Chewbacca Defense but it's actually an effective strategy because OJ is a free man.

I hope that makes sense.
Last edited by Zoltack on November 29th, 2005, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 29th, 2005, 4:54 pm

Ah, alright. I don't watch "South Park", so I didn't really understand the joke.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » November 29th, 2005, 6:55 pm

By the way here is the theatrical poster for the movie release next Feb. in France:

Great work of art but alas showing the dumb of Disney Midquel Madness, the poster's tagline says "At last, the sequel to the most beloved blah blah".. sequel even if we can see Bambi as a child on the picture....

Thanks to Zuzu on the french board Disney Central Plaza:
http://forum.aceboard.net/931-3466-54295-8-.htm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 7:25 pm

I already saw that cover elsewhere. ;)

I still think it's a pretty nice cover.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 11:39 pm

I also have more Pics and Avatars on my siggy. I even have pictures from the new movie Bambi II. Check them out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 30th, 2005, 3:08 pm

That's a really cool poster!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 1st, 2005, 5:25 pm

What Meg said.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 2nd, 2005, 9:16 am

Okay, great art, but the Mouse is playing with us again.

This is "Bambi 2"?? What happened to the much more "serious" (but still not as good as the original "Bambi And The Great Prince Of The Forest" title) "Bambi II"??

Those Roman numerals do add a touch of class - honestly, how kid-like is Disney going to go with this?

"Bambi 1+1=2"? ;)