AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 26th, 2005, 4:00 pm

Sullivan wrote:Direct from folks who are really in a position to know
And they would be?? Backup? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » November 26th, 2005, 6:02 pm

A friend of Lassiter told me. Really just the mood of the people at Pixar. They know they have a winner on their hands.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 26th, 2005, 9:28 pm

[quote="Sullivan"]Direct from folks who are really in a position to know:

Cars is one of Pixar's all time best yet.

Never, NEVER, discount Pixar.

And I wouldn't count on "Cinema Blend" to give you any straight scoop. They have as much inside information on animation as my dog has. Actually, my dog probably has more.[/quote]

looks like someones mad at Cinema Blend for saying the turth.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » November 27th, 2005, 12:04 am

I completely agree with Cinema Blend. There is absolutely nothing in this movie that is slightly appealing to me. The trailers were not in the least bit funny, yes, the animation looks exactly like Thomas the Tank Engine/Jay Jay Jet Plane & the story is just unappealing to me. This may be one of the only Disney movies I won't see at all in theaters. Unless I see better trailers (theatrical trailers...not teaser trailers) or here many rave reviews, I don't think I'm going to see it.
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 27th, 2005, 4:11 pm

No matter how good Cars is (and I'm still doubtful that it'll be off-the-charts great, instead of just pretty good) Disney still has to think about what's best for the company and the shareholders, not just Pixar....

http://cganimation.blogspot.com/2005/11 ... world.html

Anyway, just wondering, are there any objective early previews of Cars from critics what have you? Of course people from Pixar and their friends are going to say it's great. What else can they say? :roll: :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

New poster for "Cars"

Post by Dacey » December 9th, 2005, 6:22 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 9th, 2005, 6:41 pm

Yeah, just one from the 15th November:
http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00004118.html

Where have you been Wendy's Jane?? :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 9th, 2005, 6:51 pm

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by isaac15 » December 13th, 2005, 7:10 pm

cars needs a new trailer. like show the cars talking and stuff show some funny jokes. the trailers kind of suck. they need to show more movie and less from the studio that brought you toy story ads.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 14th, 2005, 9:58 am

Now that ChickLit and Narnia have soaked up all the trailering placements that Disney could have, I bet that we'll see at least two more Cars spots, especially come the new year.

Interesting to see, though, if they favor Pirates 2 over Cars in who gets the choice "attached to prints" selection...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 15th, 2005, 12:42 pm

Dagnabit. My last post, I, the link, it's "Hoodwinked", I meant, what, GAAAHHHHHHHH!!

Okay, I made a boo-boo there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cars

Post by tdickensheets » December 25th, 2005, 4:20 am

Is is coming out Jun 9 2006 or Nov 2006?
Thomas Dickensheets

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by tdickensheets » December 25th, 2005, 4:39 am

Macaluso wrote:It reminds me of that old Disney cartoon (or was it loony tunes? I don't remember, but anyway), where the characters were nothing but cars. I loved it. And this really excites me. I personally think it will work. Pixar will have a way of making everything look believable enough. Like how did a world where there is only cars, manage to creat a nascar-esque track? I haven't disliked any of Pixar's movies yet, and honestly, this movie gets me almost as excited as Finding Nemo did.

And I friggen HATE car movies! =D

And I assume there aren't any humans in the movie correct? Larry the Cable Guy doing the voice of "The Mechanic"... I'm guessing that beat up old truck they show in the trailor IS the mechanic. And the cars just in general look spiffy.

I don't think that Pixar is looking... samey (that's a word?) or boring. This car movie looks really unique to me, and I'm allready in love with the red car.

I <3 Pixar so much!
Well I saw one made by Hanna-Barbera or some. Any way it about dad & mom car got a baby car & little car got new moter or something like that. That other one was new car this guy bot then got old broken down & then was just a old beat up car in use car lot. Then kid went to buy the old car & he did, he & his friends fix up like new. Which one was it?
Thomas Dickensheets

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 26th, 2005, 11:57 am

Disney did a couple of shorts like this. One of 'em is in the recent Disney Rarities Treasures tin - Susie, The Little Blue Coupe (1953), The Story Of Anyburg, USA (1957) and Dad, Can I Borrow The Car? (1970) come to mind, especially Susie and Anyburg, with the eyes in the windsheild approach.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 26th, 2005, 4:53 pm

June 9, 2006.