The Princess and the Frog

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 24th, 2009, 4:56 pm

There were whispers of a new trailer releasing today for Mardis Gras. I assume they would have released it by now if it was coming...
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » February 24th, 2009, 5:08 pm

Holy smokes! The trailer is on the way?? :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 24th, 2009, 5:09 pm

It was a rumor.
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 24th, 2009, 7:16 pm

I've heard one might be coming out in March, but if not for sure April.

Exiting regardless, since the pictures and early info we've recieved have been nothing short of amazing! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 24th, 2009, 7:47 pm

I think...if there <I>is</I> a first full trailer coming, that it will be on Pinocchio.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 24th, 2009, 7:59 pm

I'm leaning more towards Bolt... but hey, the sooner the better!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 25th, 2009, 2:14 am

I"ll think that Bolt or Pinocchio will have new trailers,I did thought that Enchanted will trailer of Ariel's Beginning and Enchanted Tales-Honesty,there's stilll no Enchanted Tales trailer but the Ariel's Beginning one was eariler on the ArsitoCats DVD.
Also yeah,Ben,but I"m not if it's a spoiler that the Princess and the Prince are getting merried,and there are books that this kind of stories.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 25th, 2009, 8:25 am

Enchanted Tales is canceled, I thought?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 25th, 2009, 9:05 am

No,no,they released books in September that you can buy right now actually which means that it will be released very soon,they might say when it will be released,maybe they want to release it in the fall with the 10th anniversary of the Princess line?.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » February 25th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Neal wrote:There were whispers of a new trailer releasing today for Mardis Gras. I assume they would have released it by now if it was coming...
I heard that rumor too and wondered if the trailer would debut in theaters this weekend, with Disney's Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience. If it doesn't arrive this week, I would love for the trailer to be with the Pinochio Blu-ray, as Ben suggested.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 25th, 2009, 6:39 pm

I guess with all the little girls going to swoon over the Jonas brothers, a princess movie would appeal to them, too. So a trailer then could work.

Are you sure those books are available, Once Upon A Dream? I know they're listed but are they able to be purchased?

See, I had hope they'd still be released a few months ago, but now I think that they got silently canceled in order to boost attendance of Rapunzel and Princess/Frog. If there are DTV films about the other princesses, it'll eat into the theatrical attendance of the feature princess films.

I did a fair bit of research. Finding the ISBN's of the books and looking them up, writing Disney marketing and other departments... I think the final word was not very hopeful.

What makes you so sure they're still coming?

---

Many people here speculated a new trailer for "The Princess and the Frog" would be on the DVD. That's not the case.

lighthousemike of UltimateDisney has acquired a copy of the new "Pinocchio" Blu-ray with the included DVD.

Here's pictures and information:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... 129#431129

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 25th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Somehow I'm not surprised, but that is kind of a dumb decision on Disney's part. Pinocchio is going to be one of those must have DVD/BD's so would it not be wise to promote one of the most anticipated movies of the year!? A return to handrawn animation, for pete's sake! Silly, silly.

Let's hope for Bolt. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 26th, 2009, 9:49 am

Agree with Daniel,maybe Bolt might have it but I suppose that Josh is right and it will be with the Johans Brothers 3D Movie,reminds me how the 101 Dalmatians PE trailer was on a Hannah Montana DVD and not in the Jungle Book PE,also I heard that the new trailer is in theaters.
Neal wrote:Are you sure those books are available, Once Upon A Dream? I know they're listed but are they able to be purchased?

See, I had hope they'd still be released a few months ago, but now I think that they got silently canceled in order to boost attendance of Rapunzel and Princess/Frog. If there are DTV films about the other princesses, it'll eat into the theatrical attendance of the feature princess films.

I did a fair bit of research. Finding the ISBN's of the books and looking them up, writing Disney marketing and other departments... I think the final word was not very hopeful.

What makes you so sure they're still coming?
Yeah,yeah,I heard that they"re selling them in stores.
But Enchanted Tales was released before Enchanted,also the Snow White Platinum Edition will be released with Princess And The Frog and Beauty And The Beast Platinum Edition will be released with Rapunzel,it's the same case as you said,I think it will be coming next year because of the Princess line's 10th Anniversary.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » February 26th, 2009, 6:13 pm

So you are just assuming they're coming out? Well, in that case, I respectfully disagree. I think Lasseter put the kabosh on the whole series.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 26th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Somehow I'm not surprised, but that is kind of a dumb decision on Disney's part. Pinocchio is going to be one of those must have DVD/BD's so would it not be wise to promote one of the most anticipated movies of the year!?
Just like I think it was very foolish for Disney not to include a sneak peek of The Princess And The Frog in the credits of the Oscars, but they happily gave footage of G-Force?? What a nice way to tell the non-animated/online fans that there is a new traditionally animated movie coming out. Oh well at least we know about it.