Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 27th, 2006, 10:36 am

i don't know.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 27th, 2006, 11:14 am

i finally saw that "triplets of belleville" film. what the hell is the deal with all the big noses ?.
European cartoons frequently have characters that look misshapen or have big noses...it's a stylistic thing I think. Kinda like UPA in the 40's and 50's. It doesn't surprise me that much since back when I lived in Israel and we barely had any TV, (no joke) one of the few things we did get were these weird cartoons from Europe. And they ALL looked like Triplets of Bellville. :roll: **

**For a stylistic parody of Euro cartoons, check out The Simpsons "Worker and Parasite" montage from "Krusty Gets Kancelled"! :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 27th, 2006, 9:10 pm

Maybe it's rebelling anime, whose humans have no nose at all? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 28th, 2006, 9:17 am

spaz wrote:i finally saw that "triplets of belleville" film. what the hell is the deal with all the big noses ?. i have a lot of buddies from France and i can't really say that any of them have big noses. i knew this one guy from France who came to the Joint named Daniel Jenneatte who's cranium was kind of askew , but other than that his nose was small. Christophe Hery who's one of the niced humans that God ever made, has no noticable nasal dominance. my jaw is oversized. i write that off to excessive Heinz Noodle Numbers as a kid though. it was before the time of resveritrol and lycopyne. Swiss Chalet was considered a healthy Sunday dinner, ya see.
anyhow, the colour was beautiful though the God damn film dragged. i wanted to join in the Amercian confusion as to why other people liked it because it was foreign and slow but couldn't get over the nose problem and the rotoed computer graphic bikes and toy trains. (i really hope in the future people don't roto anymore cg to look cel; it shows boys). bloody depressing given Mon Oncle and Amélie. whatever, what the hell do i know. i can still recite the entire Smokey and the Bandit movie every time it comes on. Over The Hedge looks hysterical and original. nice goin Tim. i remember Timmy boy when he was still at Post Effects in Chicago. i was at Alias and Post Effects was one of the only places that had Alias. Tim you still ride'n bikes ?

spaz
Spaz, we're talking about "The Wild". You of all people should know that, right? ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » March 28th, 2006, 12:07 pm

know what ?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » March 28th, 2006, 1:24 pm

Spaz - The 60s weren't very good to you were they?
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2006, 11:11 pm

Man, you guys are awesome! :o Hope you stay around here! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by arctor » April 1st, 2006, 11:35 am

spaz just finished a feature film....he's going to need a little while to decompress :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » April 2nd, 2006, 11:45 am

You all know the main site's updated now don't you?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2006, 2:13 pm

Now that' a pretty spiffy site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » April 2nd, 2006, 3:32 pm

not bad eh?. colourful too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2006, 4:03 pm

Decidedly so, Spaz. Decidedly so.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 2nd, 2006, 6:42 pm

Is Spaz at all worried that his film will quite possibly be crushed by the box office giant that "Ice Age 2" is becoming?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2006, 9:04 pm

It'll probably die down by April 14th...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 11:24 am

Yeah, but even if shows just modest legs, it should still make around $15M on that weekend, which is roughly what I'm predicting "The Wild" will open to.