The Fox and the Hound

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 17th, 2006, 9:12 pm

I think one of the problems with the new characters in TLK 2 was that they were all lions, and with the exception of Rafiki, the non-lion characters had almost nothing important to do like they had in the first one. In The Animators' Survival Kit, the author explains that something good animated movies and shows need are character designs that vary in color and shape (he even mentions that he thinks this was one of the reasons TLK did so well!). In TLK 2, it was just lions, lions, lions. It was a bit dull.

And I agree with you on Kovu - not to mention that the 'dark, mysterious, shady guys who turn good thanks to preppy girlfriends’ is so cliché.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 18th, 2006, 12:03 am

Yeah, but girls just have that <I>effect</I> you know? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 18th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Ah, gotcha YCougar!

Never really thought about that..... Well, I did, but not indepth. Still, it is just a cartoon, and who knows if it would've worked out :? It would've been nice, but I'm pleased with what Disney delivered.

Anywhoo.... Anybody else pick of Fox and the Hound 2 yet? I saw a commercial saying it was the #1 video for last week, I know there probably stretching the truth, but still, woot! :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 18th, 2006, 5:55 pm

It sold more copies than DMC?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 18th, 2006, 7:05 pm

I wish! :P

Its probably just referring to kid sales :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 22nd, 2006, 3:55 pm

Oh me god! :)

I loved the Animated Views article Director Jim Kammerud on The Fox and the Hound 2! :D

It was so cool, hearing his insight on the film and Disney sequels in general. Also, as soon as I saw that name, of course I immediantly thought of TLM2. Nonetheless, I don't put full blaim on him for that movie.

Anyhoo, great questions from AV! And thank you, so much, for asking about Big Momma! That was indeed one of the issues I had with Fox 2. :P

I kinda figured about the animation tone, since you know, it is more happy! And makes perfect sence, if you ask me.

Oh, and the possibily of a Fox and The Hound 3 :D that made my day! I was really pleased with the way part 2 turned out, that I would love for him to get the chance to direct part 3.

That's why people, should really give it a chance ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 22nd, 2006, 4:15 pm

"The Fox and the Hound 3"?

Oh, no...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 22nd, 2006, 4:35 pm

Its a possibility, but yes :)

Judge not, till one sees the film!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 22nd, 2006, 4:39 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:"The Fox and the Hound 3"?

Oh, no...
With the recent happenings at DisneyToon Studios and Walt Disney Feature Animation, I have my doubts that Fox and the Hound 3 will happen any time soon. As Jim Kammerud said, in the interview, "If they make another one, I expect it will be a while."
Daniel Jake wrote:I would love for him to get the chance to direct part 3.
I think Kammerud might be ready to take a break from sequels. Notice his comment, "I need to make a '1' pretty soon. I’ve made a lot of '2s.' I’m working on some '1s.'"
I loved the Animated Views article Director Jim Kammerud on The Fox and the Hound 2!
I'm glad you enjoyed the interview, Daniel. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 22nd, 2006, 4:53 pm

Josh wrote:With the recent happenings at DisneyToon Studios and Walt Disney Feature Animation, I have my doubts that Fox and the Hound 3 will happen any time soon. As Jim Kammerud said, in the interview, "If they make another one, I expect it will be a while."
No, don't say that! :cry:

I found it strange that Jim wants to do 1's, all he's done is sequels, so it will be exiting to see how he tackles and original movie.

And yes, I loved the article. Thanks Josh ;)
Last edited by Daniel on December 22nd, 2006, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 22nd, 2006, 4:57 pm

Look for more such pieces at AN&V...we're going to try and keep them coming regularly. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 22nd, 2006, 5:03 pm

That sounds great Ben! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 24th, 2006, 6:41 pm

This is interesting, Ultimate Disney has their own interview with Jim Kammerud!

Not much different from AV, but I like how they mentioned other stuff, aside from Fox 2. I found it funny how he laughed about Little Mermaid II's negative critisism :P haha, I don't blaim you Jim! ;)

Oh, and I'm happy he answered the question about The Aristocats II cancelation. Sad, it actually sounded cool, but there's still some hope! :)

I just wish somebody would give a straight answer to Dumbo 2, its been like forever! :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 24th, 2006, 8:43 pm

Dumbo 2 was cancelled. Shame, since I kinda liked what they had cockked up and at least it was a true follow-on as opposed to another baby coming to the circus or something.

And to think it had Burny Mattinson on it and was going to be set in a 1930s era...sounds kind of classic and fun.

There was talk that it was still in story development even as recently as last year, but with this more recent talk of the sequels being a no-no, especially to Walt-era projects, I would feel safe in saying this one <I>is</I> unfortunately dead as a dead Dumbo can be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 24th, 2006, 9:38 pm

I'm shocked you actualy said that Ben! Than again, I know you like true follow ups, so it shouldn't be a surprise. :)

Yes, I was one of the few digging for any news I could for Dumbo 2. It was on, than off, than quite frankly I gave up.

When I saw the feature on the DVD, I thought wow, this is gonna be tight! To bad, it might never see the light of day :(

I have a feeling though, that sequels will be up and running again soon. with a highly anticipated III coming out next year, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided not to stop making them.

You'll see! You'll all see j/k :P