X-Men Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: X-Men Movies Thread

Post by EricJ » January 18th, 2015, 6:07 pm

Randall wrote:Can't say that would make me sad. Ian especially is looking old.
I don't think he or Patrick literally moved, for most of DoFP.
Which makes DoFP still spiritually feel like it should have been the franchise wrap-up "finale", but no, we were too ready to build up the hype by green lighting the next movie...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 19th, 2015, 7:29 am

Exactly.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 23rd, 2015, 10:43 am

Young Cyclops, Jean and Storm finally cast:

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/x ... eridan/#/1

Also, Oscar Isaac has said that Apocalypse's costume will be practical as well as digital. Yay! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 31st, 2015, 4:49 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 31st, 2015, 5:00 pm

So...where was she for the last movie then?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » January 31st, 2015, 5:47 pm

I reeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy wanted Rose Byrne to play Clea in 2016's Doctor Strange movie, but I'm glad she's getting utilized here as well. It's funny how many people X-Men: First Class cast just before they hit the big time...Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult. Amusing.

I also read that, according to Simon Kingberg, the movies writer, they might be utilizing the 80's environment to bring in Dazzler. Awesome. How about we use that decades funky fashion to also finally work in Wolverine's yellow outfit, please???
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 31st, 2015, 6:33 pm

Hugh Jackman could carry the yellow. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 7th, 2015, 4:46 pm

Confusing! Does 1973 Wolverine (who was saved from drowning by the military) carry the memories of his future consciousness that was pulled foreword in time after the changeover took place??

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02/05/ ... nal,manual

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 7th, 2015, 6:00 pm

Because, after all, Singer hasn't messed up the timeline enough, has he?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 7th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Still not having seen The Wolverine, I didn't realise that Logan loses his metal skeleton in that...so how can he have it back for Days Of Future Past!?

If they make the next Wolverine film something that fits in between The Wolverine and DOFP, then they'll end up giving the metal back twice: once in that mid-quel (where he will then end up losing them again in DOFP's 1973) and then at somepoint in Apocalypse.

But then, if the new timeline of post 1973 DOFP exists, then The Wolverine won't even have happened as Jean Grey won't be dead for him to get all funky about...

Seems as much as DOFP has "reset" things that it has actually unravelled a whole load of other loose ends...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 7th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Because Singer doesn't like any X-Men movie he didn't make (for what it's worth, I thought The Wolverine was stronger than DOFP, especially the "unrated" cut which includes an entire action sequence which was cut from theaters for God knows what reason), and Fox somehow is convinced he speaks for what "the fans" want, so they keep letting him do whatever he wants with it.

And part of me still wishes they had just let the two franchises stay separate--First Class was meant to be a full reboot--, instead of now setting things up with no clear path whatsoever of where to go in the future.

But hey, maybe Sony will take a page from their notebook and have their two Spider-Man franchises "merge" somehow. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 8th, 2015, 6:11 am

Honestly...I think Spidey at Sony is dead. Amy Pascal won't be at the studio for long, whatever her producing pact says, and as soon as a better executive gig comes along she's off to that, leaving Spidey with no clear sense of direction...just like the X-Men at Fox!

I don't have a problem merging the two different casts, but which they'd rectified things decently. I'm good with the new cast going off Star Trek like and just making new stories for themselves, but they need to tie up loose ties so that there is at least some kind of chronology to how the films they have so far fit together.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 10th, 2015, 9:32 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 10th, 2015, 10:07 am

Intriguing...

I guess The Wolverine film could theoretically fit in between The Wolverine and DOFP, with Prof X reinstating the metal claws. Of course then then still need to get them back again after DOFP, but maybe Magneto is the way into that...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 11th, 2015, 5:18 pm

Thing is, if you've seen McKellen in the trailers for "Mr. Holmes", I don't know how many more films he has in him, let alone Fox-Marvel movies three to four years away. (And this coming from someone who had no complaints about 90-yo. Christopher Lee in the LOTR/Hobbit films.)

It's starting to bring back those jokes from the cartoon version of The Tick, about the wheezing 90-yo. villain The Terror being a parody of Marvel's Magneto...