Disney Movie Rewards

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Disney Movie Club/Rewards

Post by Dan » September 19th, 2010, 12:45 pm

So they're doing a special thing that only Movie Rewards members can do.

In celebration of the upcoming Blu-Ray release of Beauty and the Beast, they're selling two exclusive 7.5"x10" fine arts pieces of Belle painted by Paige O'Hara herself.
images_DMR_News_27_01.gif
Courtesy of Disney Movie Rewards
images_DMR_News_27_01.gif (141.17 KiB) Viewed 7153 times
The kicker: in addition to having to be a member, each piece runs at $109 (this includes shipping, they will arrive framed).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 19th, 2010, 4:08 pm

For a framed, shipped piece, that doesn't seem at all out of line. (Consider what they charge at the Disney galleries.) These look nice, too.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 20th, 2010, 11:29 am

Not that I'm seriously looking at jumping for these, and all power to Paige for being an artist and all, but isn't it a little odd to be promoting the artwork of the vocal artist of her character?

On one hand I can see the uniqueness, that she is able to portray the character visually as well as aurally, but Belle doesn't look too on-model to me, which detracts from the art, since I'd have preferred limited original art or even a litho repro of concept stuff.

On the other, $109 isn't bad for something arriving shipped and framed, even if it is a tenuously linked item. But I just can't get too excited by this, personally. It just seems a bit too outside the lines for what this movie deserves (maybe nothing as wild as the ultimately fairly redundant Snow White box set from last year, but "something" special). This doesn't quite seem to be it.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 20th, 2010, 12:46 pm

I'm not getting these myself since money is very tight.

Nice that Paige can draw and paint, but the money's just not there for this...!

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND there's a very free coupon for $10 off the upcoming Beauty & the Beast Blu ray release.

If you have the original Beauty & the Beast Platinum DVD release OR the VHS version, you can enter the UPC code and get a coupon for $10 off the October 5th Blu ray release. You have to go to DisneyMovieRewards for the coupon and log in if you're an existing Movie Rewards Member.

The only problem is that you have to install printing software to print off the coupon.

I can already confirm the software is NOT working with my computer and have sent off an e-mail to DisneyMovieRewards about my situation...

You only get "X" number of times to print off the coupon. I guess they don't take into account malfunctions of the software...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 20th, 2010, 2:58 pm

I've printed the Disney coupons before, but if you shop around, there are also equivalent deals online if you preorder B&B with another Disney title.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » September 20th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Nah,

I'll bug Disney for the time being...

I'm still waiting for that moment when a cast member goes postal around me! 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 28th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Type the word cool for 50 points. And this might have expired, but enter dec252425 for 15 points. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 30th, 2010, 8:26 am

Nope, the dec25 code isn't live anymore. But thanks for the 50 cool points! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 1st, 2011, 3:45 pm

DMR sent out a Happy New Year email with a link to optain 50 bonus points.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 17th, 2011, 10:57 pm

More points...

Enter CHIHUAHUA for 25 points.

January newsletter 5 point code: T5WM52PA7L

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 18th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Danka! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 18th, 2011, 6:21 pm

I'm just gonna finish my Club movie commitment.

One more movie to go...!

I just might stick around to get some good deals on things like Have A Laugh and see if the rarer stuff is still available...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 19th, 2011, 1:47 pm

Was just going over my Movie Rewards DVD wish list last night and seeing if there was anything left worth having.

Although I'm the biggest Disney freak, some of those TV movies and one-hour specials aren't really worth using the points on: they were mostly filler material for the weekly shows then and don't stand up today, even for completists. And they're not even some of the better episodes/two-parters later released as features, which I would snap up in an instant.

There are a few from the Movie Club that, if and when they get pulled over, I'd be eager to get (Incredible Journey for one!), but the final handful of DVDs on my Rewards wish list have been said to either have lackluster transfers or lack of any extras, which don't make them "must haves". I blew a lot of points on three or four titles before year's end, so am collecting points again, but I think I'm headed towards the two modern Pooh movies "set" since I don't have those and may as well add them to the old collection.

That said, I'm still tempted to go for another copy of Your Host, Walt Disney, which I doubt we'll see again anytime soon. Might be worth springing for that before it goes... :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 19th, 2011, 4:48 pm

My pickings are getting sparser, too, after getting quite a few discs from them over the past couple of years. (Most recently The Love Bug:SE). I'm down to the Kurt Russell films at this point, but might hang in there to pick up the Frank & Ollie disc, which I never upgraded to from VHS. I've always preferred to use DMR for stuff that I couldn't get elsewhere (basically the yellow cases with Wonderful World of Disney labeling), but I've pretty well exhausted that well now. Actually, there may be a couple to get, yet, but I don't tend to get around to watching some of those live action historical films.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » January 19th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Just got the Tron poster!
Now I'll just have to convince my boyfriend to actually let me put it on the wall. :mrgreen: