The Little Mermaid

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » August 21st, 2008, 4:14 am

Yup, and Benjamins are the only reason Disney even bothered to make this. Lots and LOTS of Benjamins... :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 21st, 2008, 1:34 pm

Actually, like Cindy 3, thought it was an "apology" for LM2, since 2 came out back before they'd gotten the hang of vidquels, and if they'd had it to do all over again today, they probably wouldn't have bothered with D*p and D*sh...

(At least, it wasn't a "Vault rescue" back-catalog-promotional sequel like Fox & Hound 2, or the dumped Aristocats and Dumbo II's.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 21st, 2008, 1:51 pm

If you're referring to the two sidekicks, it's actually Tip and Dash - I have no idea why you censored the second letter in each name. :?

Also, I edited out Whippet's quote.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 21st, 2008, 2:04 pm

Was I the <I>only</I> one who was more than interested in what they were doing with <I>Dumbo II</I>?

<I>EVERYONE:</I> "YES! NOW SHUT UP!"

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 21st, 2008, 2:12 pm

Daniel wrote:If you're referring to the two sidekicks, it's actually Tip and Dash - I have no idea why you censored the second letter in each name. :?
Because A) as fellow sufferer, wanted to spare Whippet the relapse of trauma, and B) they are the abominations WHOSE NAMES MUST NOT BE SPOKEN! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 21st, 2008, 2:31 pm

Ahhh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » August 21st, 2008, 2:48 pm

You are a good person :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » August 22nd, 2008, 8:18 am

Whippet Angel wrote:Yup, and Benjamins are the only reason Disney even bothered to make this. Lots and LOTS of Benjamins... :P
Not it's not,it's Ariel.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 22nd, 2008, 9:36 am

I think he's talking about money, OUAD.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » August 22nd, 2008, 10:42 am

I'm actually a she, but yeah, I was :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » August 22nd, 2008, 10:47 am

It's because is so perfact she needs another movie! and a new story! that's why they made it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 22nd, 2008, 11:00 am

No Once. It's for the money. End of discussion. Moving on...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » August 22nd, 2008, 11:13 am

TIP and DASH were one of my favorite parts of TLMII. I actually liked the movie a lot, and I know I will like it better than TLMIII. Yes, it's like the original redeux, but at least it has semblance to the original that way. And a villain related to the first villain and what the first villain was trying to do...not the nanny tries to get to be advisor to the king! Oooooohh!

Now, I don't agree with Once, but I have to say, I thought I was just being pushy, but now I wonder if you don't agree with everyone, you can't talk? Once is allowed to say the film was made because Ariel's so popular or "such a great character"...though we know it was also for the money, but that doesn't mean there's no room for more discussion.

And I really really don't mean to get on anyone's nerves, I'm just trying to defend people's voices.

And Once...I thought you didn't care for cheapquels? Wouldn't you agree it really is only made for money? I mean...are you honestly looking forward to Ariel's music club adventure?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » August 22nd, 2008, 11:17 am

It's for Ariel fans.
Maybe Ursula will be after credits,but Marina is great.
Little Ariel is adorable :D.
I agree with you Dusterian,about cheapquels-This film was also made for more money but it was also made for Ariel's character (And also I can't believe that some people actually believes that what happened in Little Mermaid II was canon and that's what actually happened after The Little Mermaid).
And this movie was made for Ariel fans-It tells about her mother,why Triton hate humans so much,how Sebastian got his job,how Ariel and Flounder first met,they shows her sisters and even show Ariel as a very little girl and very cute.
(By the way-The avater was too big so it didn't worked,can you shrink it?).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 22nd, 2008, 11:27 am

I think they should make a Black Cauldron sequel. Y'know, for Taran's character. I think we can all see that happening. Y'know, for the character.