Scariest movie you ever saw?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 20th, 2007, 3:48 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Let us know what you thought about it, Meg. :D
Thought it sucked. Not scary at all, I kept laughing throughout the entire thing. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 21st, 2007, 8:24 am

Is this 1408 or Vacancy?

I didn't think much of either. What's Captivity like? You're all going to accuse me of being an Elisha follower I know, but my interest is actually with the director Roland Joffe, who made some blinding films (The Killing Fields, The Mission) in the 1980s.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 21st, 2007, 12:31 pm

Vacancy.

Maybe I was being too hard on it, but aren't scary movies supposed to...You know...Scare you?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 21st, 2007, 1:35 pm

It scared me. ;) But, then again, I scare pretty easily.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 21st, 2007, 3:41 pm

BOO!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 21st, 2007, 6:51 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh!! (runs away screaming)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 21st, 2007, 9:14 pm

Sorry, its just very distracting to me. Seeing some of Vi's recent posts, I think she's misunderstood what I asked. I mean your quotes, Vi, not when you bold movie titles. Smile
No prob Dan, I'll try to cut down on the boldness. :wink:

Thought it sucked. Not scary at all, I kept laughing throughout the entire thing. Smile
I thought Meg meant 1408! :) I can see not being scared by it, but I think you'd have to be real brave to laugh at it too! :wink: :P Just me however....:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 22nd, 2007, 2:39 am

Thanks! :) :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 23rd, 2007, 7:58 am

I was just mostly <I>bored</I> through it! ;)

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » October 28th, 2007, 8:28 pm

Ben wrote:What's Captivity like? You're all going to accuse me of being an Elisha follower I know, but my interest is actually with the director Roland Joffe, who made some blinding films (The Killing Fields, The Mission) in the 1980s.
Well it's basically a Saw and Hostel rip-off.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2007, 8:11 am

But does it work? I'm taking it from your reply that you're not in favor of it.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 29th, 2007, 10:10 am

Well, I know it has a part where she's forced to drink body parts that were put in a blender...a good enough reason for me to never see it. ;)

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » November 1st, 2007, 3:52 pm

Ben wrote:But does it work? I'm taking it from your reply that you're not in favor of it.
Actually I haven't seen it yet. But that's what alot of people are calling Captivity. I might give the film a shot, since it's written by Larry Cohen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 5th, 2007, 10:37 pm

Has anyone ever seen Bram Stoker's Dracula? (1992) The one with Keanu Reeves. :wink:

I've watched some of it again recently....I think it's a great film. Maybe not that "scary" but compelling nonetheless. (Gotta love Kenneth Branagh as Renfield. :) ) Plus, it follows the book really well, for the most part anyway.

I really don't think Keanu was as bad as many people thought, although he definetely could have been better. Actually, in some ways Winona Ryder grated on me more as Mina. I didn't think she was right for it at all. :roll:

Still, love the film! :)

(I know there's lots of other versions of Dracula, which I hope to see sometime. :wink: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 6th, 2007, 4:22 am

Ugh!

Actually, Keanu wasn't so bad in that, but I just felt it was a bad movie, period. Can't explain why...just one of those projects that never gelled with me.

If you get a chance, check out the 1979 flick with the awesome John Williams score.