The Simpsons Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 9th, 2007, 5:08 am

You misspelled Groening twice, Vi. Now that is harsh! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 9th, 2007, 5:29 am

Oops, my bad! :wink: :oops: Not intentional....
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 9th, 2007, 9:57 am

Does the Film Festival episode have any commentary? Would love to hear Al and Mike's take on that!

And if Matt was against it, why did he suggest the ways Jay could be brought into the Simpsons world?

Sounds like he's peeved he didn't come up with the character. Ho-hum, guess he won't pop up in The Movie or else Matt wouldn't have anything to do with that either. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 9th, 2007, 1:24 pm

Does the Film Festival episode have any commentary? Would love to hear Al and Mike's take on that!

It actually does have commentary, sans Matt, but Al and Mike never talk about the controversy at all. :?

Although they do mention that, of course, the Critic show wasn't doing too well and that it was going to re-premiere right after the Film Festival episode, spring boarding off of the Simpsons.

Oh, and Jon Lovitz is a guest commentator, which was so funny!! :P

Love Bart's line to Jay: "I love your show. I think all the kids should watch it! Ughgh.....suddenly I feel so dirty." :lol:

Jay actually does appear again in a MUCH later episode, way after the Critic was canceled: Season 7: "Hurricane Neddy", where Ned has a breakdown and has to be committed when the tornado tears his house down.

He's in a padded cell going: "It stinks, it stinks, it stinks!" Doctor: "Yes, Mr. Sherman, everything stinks."

:lol:

Guess Matt didn't care by then, as the Critic was long canceled.....:? :roll:

Sounds like he's peeved he didn't come up with the character.

Yeah, totally. Jay was such a great character and his appearances with Homer (both manic food lovers/eaters) are classic!!! :P :wink:

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 10th, 2007, 4:23 am

Jay actually appears again, in "The Ziff Who Came to Dinner". A very funny episode, from the 15th season.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 10th, 2007, 5:11 am

Oh, cool. I didn't know he appeared again.

I think I heard about this one....is that the one with the whole "Indecent Proposal" theme? Wish I'd seen it. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 10th, 2007, 5:13 pm

Nope.

The episode your thinking of, is "Half-Decent Proposal" (haha, its even in the title!) from the 13th season. Another great episode, if I do say so myself. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 14th, 2007, 5:52 pm

New clip!

:lol:

There's also this spoiler, that reveals what happens during the ending credits. Depending on how reliable the National Enquirer is, I would take this info with a grain of salt.

My thoughts....
it wouldn't be surprise, because the voice actors have already signed on for two sequels. Providing the original does great, of course. ;)

IF it is true, though, this will be Maggie's third official time speaking. Not counting the THoH special, "its your fault I can't talk", etc...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » July 15th, 2007, 4:41 am

Thats Simpsons humor allright. :)
That clerks' voice always cracks me up.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 15th, 2007, 8:20 am

That...is funny and unexpected...but I hope it's not all random humor like that.

Love that translated title, too: DIE SIMPSONS, DIE! ;)

Did you guys read the Guardian piece I linked to on the front page:
http://www.animated-news.com/2007/guard ... ted-allen/

Interesting thoughts...! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 15th, 2007, 7:05 pm

Indeed it was, Ben. It also reminded me, that I mixed up my "Mikes" a page ago. I HATE Mike Scully. The other Mike, I actually like and feel was ok.

Scully was just bad, though. He's particially the reason why, some of season 9, 10, 11... are so hated. Thank god, Al Jean was brought in! That's actually when the show got better, and stopped being what that article cited.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 15th, 2007, 9:34 pm

Yes, great read--reminds me of this article a bit:

http://archive.salon.com/ent/tv/feature ... print.html

Scully was just bad, though. He's particially the reason why, some of season 9, 10, 11... are so hated
Oh yeah, and don't forgot writer/consultant/producer Ian Maxtone-Graham, who I think may or may not still be there. :?

He's written some of the worst Simpsons stories out there. :roll:

EDIT: Some good ones and some less good ones: here's his credits:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0561631/film ... #tt0096697

And in 1998, producer Ian Maxtone-Graham, interviewed by the London Independent, referred to "the beetle-browed people on the Internet," adding: "They see everything as part of a vast plan ... That's why they're on the Internet and we're writing the show." (Some of the more bitter alt.tv.simpsons regulars have taken to calling him "Ian Haxtone-Graham" in retaliation.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 16th, 2007, 12:08 am

Haxtone? Harsh. Personally, I just think he's ok. He's not that bad, but again, he has written some the lamest episodes. I forgot he wrote "24 Minutes", though! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 16th, 2007, 8:18 am

I watched 24 Minutes...and thought it was <I>bad</I>.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 16th, 2007, 1:31 pm

That was like the best episode of the season, what's da matta wit u!?