DC Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2006, 5:13 pm

More action, more romance. Less "drama" (at least of the stilted Singer kind) and MORE "SUPERMAN" for goodness sake!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 14th, 2006, 7:15 pm

How about Kevin Spacey going: "From hell's heart, I stab at thee!" :)

(Wrath of Kahn reference :wink:)

It should go perfectly with his Returns overacting....:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 15th, 2006, 11:12 am

MORE ACTION!

That was my main problem with SR. Not enough action.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 15th, 2006, 9:45 pm

ShyViolet wrote:How about Kevin Spacey going: "From hell's heart, I stab at thee!" :)

(Wrath of Kahn reference :wink:)

It should go perfectly with his Returns overacting....:roll:
Actually...um, that's a quote from Moby Dick.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 15th, 2006, 9:59 pm

Oh I didn't know that....still, Ricardo says it in Wrath of Kahn...

Another Moby Dick reference in Star Trek? Wow, just like First Contact! :)

Plus Kahn says: "Captain, have you ever heard of the Klingon proverb, revenge is a dish best served cold? It is very cold in space!"

I think it's a Russian proverb, isn't it? :wink:

"This is Alpha Seti 5!"

"KAAAHHHHHNNNN!"

"Their young enter through the ear, and wrap themselves around the cerebral cortex..." *shudder* :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 16th, 2006, 7:13 am

ShyViolet wrote:"KAAAHHHHHNNNN!"
That's actually a quote from the 1219–1221 Mongolian War. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 17th, 2006, 6:13 pm

That's actually a quote from the 1219–1221 Mongolian War. Wink
Ha ha....Gangis Kahn right??

:)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 19th, 2006, 8:42 am

Aye.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 19th, 2006, 1:09 pm

You guys have lost me.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 20th, 2006, 5:24 pm

In Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn there's this famous (and hilarious) scene in which Jim Kirk yells "KAAAHHHHHNNNNN!" after Kahn imprisons him and his crew in the middle of the dead planet for the Genesis project. (The other two quotes were spoken by Kahn in the movie, right before doing some pretty evil deeds. :wink:)

It's played quite dramatically, but is a prime example of William Shatner overacting (surprised they didn't refer to it in Over the Hedge!) When I first saw it, I was young and didn't realize how funny it was, I was like, wow, what an intense scene! :roll: (and the funny thing is that Kahn/Ricardo Mantalban ALSO overacts before Kirk loses his cool, in a different but just as funny way. Towards the end of the film when he's about to die and half his face is burned off he goes: "From hell's heart, I stab at thee!")
:D

Then in the Mongolian Wars, Gangis Kahn killed lots of people, hence the quote "KAHHHHHNNNNNN!" meaning Gangis Kahn, not Star Trek Kahn. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 20th, 2006, 5:36 pm

Here's the scene: (from IMDB) slightly edited by me: :wink:
Kirk: Khan, you bloodsucker! You're gonna have to do your own dirty work now, do you hear me? Do you?
Khan: Kirk. You're still alive, old friend.
Kirk: Still, "old friend." You've managed to kill everyone else but like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target.
Khan: Perhaps I no longer need to try, Admiral.
[beams the Genesis device away]
Kirk: Khan... Khan, you've got Genesis, but you don't have me. You were going to kill me, Khan. You're gonna have to come down here. You're gonna have to come down here.
Khan: I've done far worse than kill you, Admiral. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her: marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet, buried alive. [pronounced: "Buried aliiiiiiiiiiiiiive.]
Kirk: KHAAANNNN!!!!!!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2006, 9:46 pm

ShyViolet wrote:In Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn there's this famous (and hilarious) scene in which Jim Kirk yells "KAAAHHHHHNNNNN!" after Kahn imprisons him and his crew in the middle of the dead planet for the Genesis project.

Then in the Mongolian Wars, Gangis Kahn killed lots of people, hence the quote "KAHHHHHNNNNNN!" meaning Gangis Kahn, not Star Trek Kahn. :wink:
Actually, I think the Mongolian Wars came before Trek. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2006, 2:23 pm

They did?

:P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 21st, 2006, 6:26 pm

BTW Michael Eisner helped produce Star Trek:The Motion Picture and Star Trek II.
He had the idea to stick that coda on the Genesis planet with Spock's narration and space pod, signifying he might still be alive. The director Nicolas Meyer was very justly incensed at this, he felt it weakened the film and the impact of Spock's death.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 21st, 2006, 7:12 pm

There were actually people who thought Spock was really dead?