Favorite Peter Pan film?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » September 29th, 2006, 3:56 am

I actually thought Return to Neverland was pretty good. Whoever did Peter's voice did a great job.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 29th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Christian wrote:I actually thought Return to Neverland was pretty good. Whoever did Peter's voice did a great job.
Yay! more Peter Pan 2 love 8) and I completly agree with you, the guy who did Peter's voice sounded dead on. Its cool how Disney can find real sound alikes, I wonder how much work they put into it :?

I think the best examples are Cinderella and her stepmother from Cinderella II they really sounded great, which is why I'm anticipating "Cinderella III a Twist in Time" so much.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 5th, 2006, 1:09 pm

, and the omissions of the Indians was a big dent in the film I think.
I think that was probably because they were afraid people would be offended by it (due to the politically incorrect way they were portrayed in Walt's film)

They were originally in Spielberg's script as well, but got cut out for the very same reason.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » December 30th, 2006, 6:55 am

I voted for Disney's Peter Pan. It's my favorite classic Disney animated film.

Hook is also a fantastic film.
Rufio didn't have to die, though. :(

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 30th, 2006, 8:50 am

PixarVixen wrote:It's my favorite classic Disney animated film.
I think I'd go along with that. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 30th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Rufio didn't have to die, though.
Yeah, that was sad. Poor Rufio. :cry:

I thought Dante Bosco did a great job, but I read that a lot of those Lost Boy actors were lots of trouble to direct and at one point Spielberg even threatened to fire one. He said later: "I'm afraid I became Captain Hook to a lot of these kids."
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 26th, 2007, 10:26 pm

Really random: there was just a commercial on TV for DisneyWorld or Land (not sure which park it was) and they played the music from the 2003 Universal Peter Pan film. (one of my fave film scores of all time, by James Newton Howard.)

I'll bet anything Disney would love to get their hands on the rights for that film....:P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 26th, 2007, 10:36 pm

At one time, Disney was involved with its making, before leaving the project.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 27th, 2007, 2:55 am

That would've been interesting.
Daniel wrote:But as much as I love the original Walt Disney classic, I have to pick its sequel "Return to Neverland".
What was I thinking? :roll: ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 27th, 2007, 8:19 am

I believe Disney still has some connection to it though, somewhere down the line, just as the Weinsteins benefit from the Lord Of The Rings.

The 2003 Peter Pan plays well, though it cracks me up how much like the Return To Never-Land poster the advertising was.

Hook plays better as a "sequel" to this film too, rather than as a follow up to the 1953 Disney version.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » June 28th, 2007, 8:30 pm

Regarding the "really random" comment: I agree that James Newton Howard is an excellent composer, and I'm a big fan of his work. Unfortunately, Peter Pan is one score of his I haven't listened to.

Also, Kathryn Beaumont apparently did the voice of Wendy (and Alice) in the 2002 video game "Kingdom Hearts" (a Final Fantasy/Disney mix that actually works surprisingly well in many respects, although I know nothing about Final Fantasy). I recall that she sounded fairly good. Interesting that she wasn't in Return to Neverland since it came out the same year.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 28th, 2007, 8:43 pm

Regarding the "really random" comment: I agree that James Newton Howard is an excellent composer, and I'm a big fan of his work. Unfortunately, Peter Pan is one score of his I haven't listened to.

You totally should Vernadyn!! :D

You'll thank me later. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 29th, 2007, 6:56 am

Beaumont recorded her lines for Wendy in Return To Never-Land (she also has some dialogue in one of the other Disney sequels) but the part of Wendy's role in the story changed and she didn't come back to finish them off.

Still a mystery and such a shame...that already touching scene in which Peter and Wendy say goodbye would have been so much <I>more</I>!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 29th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Thanks to all those interviews, at least we know that. But like you said, still a mystery and such a shame. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CyrusGrissom » August 14th, 2007, 5:22 am

Does anyone remember the animated series "Fox's Peter Pan and The Pirates"? an excellent series that was.