"The Wild"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 7th, 2006, 7:30 pm

Do you have enough info left for an exclusive interview with Animated News?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » April 7th, 2006, 8:10 pm

sure. as you guys know, i tend to get myself in trouble when shooting off my mouth or telling the truth or both.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by pringly_bits » April 12th, 2006, 7:51 pm

Oh oh. Spaz is on this list? This spells trouble for the censors.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 13th, 2006, 5:51 pm

Pringly bits, did you work on the movie, too? Just curious...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 13th, 2006, 7:08 pm

I think half of Animated News is made up of C.O.R.E. employees now...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 13th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Yeah.

Can't wait till we start getting folks from Pixar and DreamWorks.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 13th, 2006, 10:38 pm

Now that I know more about the plot of the Wild I'm really excited over it. It sounds very cute and fun! But I am so mad at that guy from the Hollywood Reporter. Like most critics, he knows nothing about animation and tries to pass himself off as an expert. "Re-make of Madagascar"???? Is this guy really that stupid that he thinks an animated film can be completed in less than a year???? He even acknowledges that the film has good aspects but just can't bring himself to give the film a positive review (It was the same thing with SharkTale, critics assuming that it ripped off Finding Nemo, already hating it before they even saw it.) It's the same thing every time, with Madagascar, with Ice Age 2: an animated movie is fast and funny but if it didn't make them bawl their eyes out the way they did when Nemo got taken away by the divers, it's just not good enough. Spare me. :roll:
Can't wait till we start getting folks from Pixar and DreamWorks.
There are some DreamWorks guys on AnimationNation. It would be really cool if they joined here! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by spaz » April 14th, 2006, 4:32 am

pixar or dreamworks employees replying on this sight ? . come on, it's a tad common for the elite, don't you think ?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 14th, 2006, 8:23 am

So, The Wild opens today...you guys excited?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » April 14th, 2006, 9:37 am

The movie's soundtrack is featured here with samples of some tracks :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 14th, 2006, 10:14 am

Oh yeah - I agree with Vi in that it's a shame all these critics are going to assume The Wild is a rip-off of Madagascar, even thought The Wild started in production first!

From what I've heard, The Wild is actually better than Madagascar. I'm looking foward to this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » April 14th, 2006, 10:59 am

IMO Saying The Wild will be better than Madagascar doesn't say much and doesn't do the film justice but I'm sure it will be a blast and a half. Can't wait to see it. My brother's begging me to take him to Ice Age this weekend so maybe I can talk him into a double feature. :)
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 14th, 2006, 5:56 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 14th, 2006, 6:35 pm

As to the reviews, keep in mind that most critics (MOST, not all) don't know much more about films than you or me. I doubt any of them have any experience in the medium or even majored in film at college. Their reviews are based on, by and large, media "buzz" they hear, rumors, internet blogs, etc, etc...If you read a bunch of these things, notice that they all say THE EXACT SAME THINGS. Similar puns, similar jokes, similar "blah blah blah Disney is down the tubes you can see how they need Pixar blah blah blah." Very original. In grade school, if an entire class handed in almost the exact same assignment, the teacher would get suspicious or at least make the class do it over again.

Reviewers know how to do one thing: Sound like they know what they are talking about. Believe me, they don't. They don't. It's all complete B.S. None of what they say is interesting or original. They criticize films for being "bland" but their written work is so incredibly banal and glib and no respectable studio in Hollywood would employ them as writers. Ever. It is also very hard to become a film critic, and often it's not about how good your writing is but about what contacts you have. It's got nothing to do with your connection to, talent in, or knowledge of film.
IMO Saying The Wild will be better than Madagascar doesn't say much and doesn't do the film justice
Madagascar's a good film. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 14th, 2006, 7:42 pm

Madagascar is okay...I loved the animation but the story is a bit mediocre.