Disney Pixar Discussion

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » January 29th, 2006, 4:09 pm

Actually I believe it's staying open. By the statements that Iger and Jobs made regarding that sequels should be produced by the original teams and that the studios should retain their separate identities then Circle 7 should be working Meet the Robinsons, American Dog, Repunzle, and any sequels that might come along to Chicken Little... if I'm understanding things correctly of course. There's been so much info over the last week that it's almost impossible to absorb it all.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 29th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Some reports have it that Circle 7 will stay open and stay functioning as a Pixar sequel lab...under Lasseter and the original teams, of course.

The suggestion is that there are a number of projects John has been wishing to do that couldn't be done at Pixar due to the limited one-per-year schedule that they have. So now he has another, practically virgin, devision to use, and the word is that the artists there will continue to work on future Disney/Pixar CG features.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 29th, 2006, 5:35 pm

That's good.

It would be a shame to close down a fresh studio.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » January 29th, 2006, 5:39 pm

The thing is... Will the original team of those Pixar movies be okay with creating a sequel and therefore missing out on a new and original Pixar Movie (like Ratatouille)? I think there will be lots of problems on that level... There are also location problems. Are they okay with moving (or driving everyday) to the Circle 7 Animation building during production? Aren't Pixar and Circle 7 Animation very far away from each other? I'm sure John is okay with this all, but is the rest of the team?

Or does everyone mean by the "original team": John Lasseter? :P
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 29th, 2006, 5:44 pm

John doesn't need to fly all over the place. He can use the phone. Or the internet.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » January 29th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Yes, ok... But that wasn't my point actually. I mean the WHOLE original Pixar team of a specific movie (like Toy Story). They need more people than John Lasseter to create a Pixar Movie you know ;)
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 29th, 2006, 5:53 pm

There's lots of talented people out there.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 29th, 2006, 5:55 pm

They'd probably just hire more animators. Or use the ones that they already hired for "Circle 7".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » January 29th, 2006, 5:59 pm

I favor hiring new animators (or the ones already at Circle 7), but then what do they mean by putting the "original team" on a sequel? Fore example... Who better to understand a character than the original character designer of the original movie?

Does anyone know what I mean? No?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 29th, 2006, 6:01 pm

I like grapes.

Sorry. Couldn't think of anything else to say. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » January 29th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Well, it's okay... I like grapes too ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 29th, 2006, 6:06 pm

Grapes are good. I had some yesterday.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 29th, 2006, 6:06 pm

Anyway...

Pixar doesn't have any sequels in the works now anyway. So, we can worry about where they'll be animated when the time comes, I think.

I want "The Incredibles 2"!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 29th, 2006, 6:56 pm

On another point, talking about the history behind the classics and perhaps that being a reason as to why we look fondly on them: rubbish! Snow White is as timeless to a child nowadays as The Incredibles is. Sure, perhaps Snow White's gentler way might be more aimed at younger kids today, but ultimately they don't know - or want to know - the history and how old a movie is.

The question is: does it tell the story well and entertain? And the Disney classics, as evident from their multiple re-issues, really do!
Exactly, I totally agree. Case in point: The Cinderella DVD release. I don't think kids were going: "Well, this film's really old, I'd rather watch Spongebob Squarepants." :roll:

BTW I like Spongebob. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 29th, 2006, 7:55 pm

I would say that Ratatouille is pretty much a done deal now, in terms of who's working on it.

By creative team, they mean the heads of departments: writers, directors, designers, etc, who "shape" the movie.

After that - and since animated characters can go through several people on one show - the animators would be under their supervision. While John is saying there will be no "B teams", there's no proviso that says Circle 7 won't be the "sequel team"...