Chicken Little

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 27th, 2005, 1:52 pm

Glad to hear it - as you know I found Valiant to be a very engaging little surprise! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 5th, 2005, 12:38 pm

How long has Chicken Little been in production anyway? Is it just me or does it seem like FOREVER??? :shock:

Also, this may seem ill-founded by the fact that they changed the main character from a girl to a boy makes sense commercially, research shows that little boys almost never identify with female characters but that little girls identify with both male and female ones.

More examples of marketing-think taking over Disney..... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 5th, 2005, 12:46 pm

er... wait, was chicken little a boy in the story? o_O

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 5th, 2005, 12:58 pm

Yes. He was also a boy in Disney's earliest draft of Chicken Little, with Sean Hayes voicing the title character, if I remember correctly. Then, Chicken Little was re-written as a girl, voiced by Holly Hunter, before being changed back into a boy, voiced by Zach Braff.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 5th, 2005, 2:01 pm

ShyViolet wrote:How long has Chicken Little been in production anyway? Is it just me or does it seem like FOREVER???
After 60 years of using and being the undisputed leader in one type of animation, shifting to a completely different type may involve a little expenditure of time.
ShyViolet wrote:More examples of marketing-think taking over Disney..... :roll:
In other news, Shrek 3 is in production, writers are working on Puss in Boots and Shrek 4, and Jeffrey Katzenberg had a dream last night that may turn into Shrek 5.

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 5th, 2005, 2:12 pm

LOL! :) :lol:

:D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 5th, 2005, 2:31 pm

Hey, you can't have too many "Shrek" films.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 5th, 2005, 7:46 pm

Yes.

Yes, you can.

BTW, Chicken Little was always a boy in the original story. Even if you're mesing with the mixture, one shouldn't mess with the ingredients!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 5th, 2005, 8:05 pm

It should also be noted that contrary to popular belief, Disney's Chicken Little is more like a sequel to the original story, not another version of it.

And James, that post you made was hilarious. In the DreamWorks article from Wired Magazine, it is hinted that the studio is already considering possibly two Madagascar sequels, in addition to a spin-off movie about the penguins. That's not a joke.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 6th, 2005, 10:03 am

Hey, you can't have too many "Shrek" films.
To be perfectly honest I think the whole Shrek thing has already run its course....to make another one is just covering the same territory. But I haven't seen it yet so I won't judge.

Plus a Puss 'n Boots film might be cute but it sounds like something that should go direct-to-video IMO.....I like Puss and all but not for an entire movie....

JK said they were planning to make 4 Shreks from the beginning. Oh come on--even I'm not naive enough to actually believe that! :roll:

I loved that Wired article, even though it was a kind of critical of him. I actually like the articles that are critical of him more than the ones that fawn over him, they're a lot more interesting to me. I thought what he said about Brad Bird's "having a big ego" was hilarious because it shows how much he probably resents Pixar (and you can't completely blame him, considering they owe some of their success to him) I think Brad Bird very briefly worked for Disney when JK was still there and the combination was not a good one....He left to work on The Simpsons instead. Bird was definetely a rebel.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » June 6th, 2005, 5:01 pm

Just wake me up when Dreamworks goes after its initial promise of making high quality animated features. If I wanna see fart jokes I'll just turn on Nickelodeon. 2 Madagascar sequels and a penguins spin off? bah.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 6th, 2005, 7:28 pm

It could be worse.

A Shark Tale franchise, anyone?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 6th, 2005, 10:12 pm

Just wait.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 7th, 2005, 7:01 pm

It could be worse.

A Shark Tale franchise, anyone?
Way to give me nightmares, Ben!

One thing that bugs me about Chicken Little is the character's names. I mean, come on. Turky Lurky? Foxy Loxy? Goosey Lucy? Ugh! Talk about lack of creativity!

Oh...and I also dislike the 'random different animals living in a quirky little town' thing. It reminds me too much of that Disney game Toon Town...but wouldn't it have been so much cuter if they actually had it take place on a small farm or something?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 7th, 2005, 8:05 pm

IT WAS A KIDS BOOK

You might as well say that "cloudy with a chance of meatballs" was stupid because it had food rain from the skies intead of water.