Transformers

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 21st, 2010, 2:39 pm

Personally...I never saw the Megan Fox thing. I thought even in the first one she looked, um, "low rent"? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 23rd, 2010, 12:28 pm

Am I the only one who's really, really upset about Fox not returning?

And am I one of the only people on earth who actually thought that "Jennifer's Body" was a pretty good movie?

I guess I am. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » May 23rd, 2010, 1:20 pm

Dacey wrote:Am I the only one who's really, really upset about Fox not returning?
And am I one of the only people on earth who actually thought that "Jennifer's Body" was a pretty good movie?
Yes, and yes. (Although "Body" publicly went down so much as Diablo Cody's welcome-to-one-hit-wonderhood, I couldn't even remember who was in it.)

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Transformers 3

Post by Dan » May 23rd, 2010, 1:59 pm

I wouldn't say Diablo Cody is a one-hit-wonder. Her show "United States of Tara" is a smash hit on Showtime.

But I digress...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 24th, 2010, 6:34 am

Dacey, I will concede and say that, for the sake of the franchise, it's a shame for character consistency that Fox won't be in the final film (or could this be a ploy to get her cheaper/on better terms?).

I didn't see Jennifer's Body, so can't comment, but does that make ya feel better? :)

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Transformers 3

Post by Dacey » June 13th, 2010, 4:53 pm

Maybe a little. ;)

And I'm not trying to say that she's a fantastic actress or anything like that. I just think that she possibly tends to get treated unfairly by the press sometimes, especially with regards to the "war" that took place between her and Bay.

And whether Paramount and Bay want to admit it or not, she does help bring the teenage boy crowds in, for better or for worse. And the fact that she was a major character makes her change even worse.

I've heard that they're just creating a new love interest entirely, which is probably for the best. I've also heard that Skids and Mudflap will barely be in the film. That's really for the best. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Transformers: Dark of The Moon

Post by LotsoA113 » June 28th, 2011, 9:19 pm

About to go see this one. Hopefully it's more in line with the brilliant, generation-defining first one then the loud, abysmal, overlong second film. Either way, I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of 'splosions and 3D and Bayhem...just a typical 4th of July flick :wink:

One thing I hope this film does, though, is give these characters depth. The 80's cartoons weren't brillaince in terms of sheer depth but the bots felt real something all 2 movies have lacked. Here, I hope they can get this right or else this franchise is gonna go out with a sour taste in my mouth.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Transformers: Dark of The Moon

Post by Dacey » June 28th, 2011, 9:29 pm

Brilliant? Generation defining? "Transformers" was fun, but I wouldn't go so far as to use those words to describe it. ;)

And I actually thought that "Revenge of the Fallen" was alright overall. And I'm clearly not the only person who felt that way, otherwise it never would've made it to $400 million at the box office (respectively more than the first one made).