Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » March 31st, 2006, 2:47 am

I think that was the idea. He was building a robot that only *he* could stop. He was beta testing it on Supers as shown in his lair on the computer. The idea was Mr. Incredible was the best so if it defeated Mr. Incredible (of which he was satisfied since it would have had he not turned the blades off just before they cut his head off) then any other super (Frozone?? EG?? we know he knew some were still out there) could show up and Syndrome knew they would meet their demise and he could be the hero. He just didnt count on 1 losing control and 2 the family + Frozone working together.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 31st, 2006, 6:13 am

Christian wrote:Good point. And people still like the 80's films. I don't think I've ever even seen Black Cauldron, Basil of Baker Street, or Oliver and Company. Watched Fox and the Hound recently from Netflix but don't think I saw it in the theater.
And he calls himself a fan!

Honestly, C, you shouldn't have already seen these movies, you should have them in your DVD collection!

BTW, Basil Of Baker Street was Eve Titus' original name for the book. It went into production as "The Great Mouse Detective", was issued in Britain as "Basil, The Great Mouse Detective" and then was re-issued worldwide (in '92 I think) as "The Adventures Of The Great Mouse Detective", which has ALWAYS been the on-screen title (in whatever version/print you saw).

I think maybe he calls it Basil Of Baker Street (BOBS!?) since that was the original book title, the same way as folks around here call all the Indiana Jones films "Raiders..."

Guess the first name sticks sometimes... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » March 31st, 2006, 1:13 pm

Just like "Snakes on a Plane"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 31st, 2006, 6:17 pm

To quote Chicken Little...

"What are we talkin' about?"
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 31st, 2006, 9:24 pm

I think it was Eisner and Katzenberg's idea to call it "The Great Mouse Detective" That really annoyed the animators... :wink:

They put up a fake memo on the wall with "replacement" names for classic Disney films. Ex: "Seven Little Men help a Girl."

:roll:

BTW I LOVE LOVE LOVE Oliver and Company. You so many of the "New Disney" traits in that film, like snappy humor, inspired characterization, and really good action scenes. :) Some genuinely scary stuff too, believe it or not. (Hey, it scared me as a kid.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 3rd, 2006, 2:37 pm

Oh, we're talking about "Oliver and Company" now.

Oh-kay...
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 3rd, 2006, 3:49 pm

Oliver (along with Tarzan) has the most graphic on-screen Disney death ever. I love it.

Yeah, I remember the "Seven Little Men Help A Girl" story - funny.

Now...WJ has a point - back to the Robinsons please!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » April 3rd, 2006, 5:31 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Oh, we're talking about "Oliver and Company" now.
Or as Baldy McShortypants called it: "A Dog of a Movie with a Dickens of a Twist!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 3rd, 2006, 6:41 pm

JHM said in a recent story that MTR was 81% done when Lassetter and Catmull decided it needed a do-over.

I don't know, but I kinda wish they'd just leave it alone. But that's just me.
Or as Baldy McShortypants called it: "A Dog of a Movie with a Dickens of a Twist!"
Well I think Oliver's an awesome film. I loved it as a kid. Especially Sykes who is so so so scary.

There's kind of a Don Bluth vibe to it, what with the serious tone and Dom DeLouise as Fagin... (DD was Bluth's John Ratzenberger! :P )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 4th, 2006, 8:28 am

ShyViolet wrote:Dom DeLuise was Bluth's John Ratzenberger!
You don't know how perverse that sounds! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 4th, 2006, 9:26 pm

:roll: Ha ha. :lol:

I think the last (animated) movie Dom did was Troll in Central Park.
Back before animated films had big stars, he did a lot of voice work.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 4th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Well, let's not forget that when Dom did NIMH and An American Tail, he WAS a pretty big box office star!

For the record, Vi, since Troll, he's been an animation regular, with voices in the NIMH, All Dogs and Tail series and sequels, and TONS of guest voices on series like Duckman, Cow And Chicken, Duck Dodgers and the Lion Of Oz DTV.

Currently, he's doing something called "Bongee Bear And The Kingdom Of Rhythm", set for release in September, but I have no idea what the heck this is! Nice to see so many oldtime vocal artists in the cast tho:

http://www.bongeebear.com/

Looks pretty pooh-poor from the screen shots.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 5th, 2006, 12:38 am

Hello! Let me start off by saying that I'm a very close friend of Brandon Neeld's and I decided to join!

Since this thread is starting to shy away from Meet The Robinsons once again, I thought I'd talk about a few things.

First of all, I've read everyone's thoughts about the villain, who has been dubbed Bowling Hat Man, although I like to call him Snidely (like the villain from Dudley Do-Right). Personally, I don't think he fits in with the rest of the cast. I won't be disappointed if he gets the boot, and from what I've heard, Pixar is making sure of that.

There's something else I wanna bring up. Originally, I thought that Spencer Fox was voicing Wilbur, whom I mistook to be the blond boy a long time ago. However, my recent visit to IMDB.com this past week has left me confused. It now says that Spencer is listed as an additional voice, while Wesley Singerman (whoever that is) now appears to be the new voice. I'm not sure what to believe anymore. The info keeps changing! :?

~~=oP

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 5th, 2006, 7:47 am

How lovely of you to join us, PV! Hope you'll stick around.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 14th, 2006, 1:31 pm

About the film: "Based on William Joyce’s book A Day with Wilbur Robinson, this comedic-adventure follows Lewis, a brilliant twelve-year-old with a surprising number of clever inventions to his credit. His latest and most ambitious project is the Memory Scanner, which he hopes will retrieve early memories of his mother and maybe even reveal why she put him up for adoption. But before he can get his answer, his invention is stolen by the dastardly Bowler Hat Guy and his diabolical hat - and constant companion – Doris.
So the Bowler Hat Guy is staying then? (Cue a sigh of relief) Wonder how Lasetter feels about this though? Considering he was supposed to have asked for a lot of changes and yet a preview is already being given? I wonder how many of those changes have actually been taken on board.