Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 16th, 2007, 8:44 am

"I have to say, he looks amazing," said Kathleen Kennedy, the film's co-executive producer.

Yeah, she <I>has</I> to say that! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 21st, 2007, 12:14 am

Wasn't sure exactly where I should post this, but this seems to be the right place: :)

Apparently, it's very possible the Paramount and DreamWorks/Spielberg will split:

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnf ... 311987.htm

According to the article, Spielberg felt that he and members of his team were treated shabbily and that Paramount grabbed credit for DreamWorks productions.

This is really confusing, and I'm not sure if it means SKG and DWA as well?? I think that if Spielberg is ticked off at Paramount, I doubt JK and Geffen, who according to the article, "haven't talked about their plans" will stay with Paramount. (DWA is still independent even though Paramount distributes and markets their films)

(Paramount does own the DreamWorks live-action library however. But technically if Spielberg wanted to he could "start over" with a "reconsituted" DreamWorks as the article put it, since Paramount doesn't own the DreamWorks name--DWA does.)

I think Spielberg really misses Universal, and would probably like to just go back to them. Just my opinion, however. Although, since Indy is a Paramount property, how would Spielberg pulling out of Paramount affect the upcoming movie? :? :?:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 21st, 2007, 3:15 pm

On Indy...no probs...on future Transformers, no probs...

The issue here is with credit and Paramount putting their name over DreamWorks productions. They've even been inserting their logo on all the DWA releases and making it look like they've had a sure hand in those films.

The main thing is that SKG SOLD their company to the Mountain. They can't very well start crying about it.

Anyway, Steve can go back to making Amblin the brand it once was. DreamWorks was always a home garage company type name, very empty but strangely suitable for the animation side.

Steve once said he had a problem with using "Amblin" on such Amblin movies as Schindler's and Cape Fear. But DreamWorks, all light and fluffy, DOES work? What's an "Amblin" anyway (actually that's rhetorical...I do know)? But there's nothing that says an Amblin movie has to be a kids film. So I didn't see his meaning on how he didn't like using that banner for his "serious" movies.

And as mentioned before here, all the DWs movies that have had personal Spielberg involvement have been Amblin branded as well, leading to more murky waters.

End result should be: DreamWorks light'n'fluffy continues as an animation company, and little Steve goes back to his Amblin location at Universal.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » July 27th, 2007, 1:33 pm

MARION IS BACK...FOR REAL!!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33461

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 10th, 2007, 6:43 am

Indy 4 title revealed: INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 10th, 2007, 7:27 am

Well...believe that if you will... ;)

Here's the thing...I've been looking at more of this recently, and it just feels perilously close to "Blues Brothers 2000".

Indy doesn't look right in that costume in the cast images. It's like he's some old Dad impostor trying to be cool with the kids. Marion looks too blow-dried and Hollywood rough to be coming over as really rough and dirty. Yeah, they've all got the jungle outfits and whatnot, but it all feels too clean...there's no real roughiness about it, like that's a young person's game.

I'm really rooting for it, whatever the <I>real</I> title is eventually going to be, but truly hope it is not a case of waiting too long and having things look either ridiculous or not rough enough all due to the casts' age and Hollywood statuses.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 10th, 2007, 2:47 pm

Well...believe that if you will...
I believe it, Lucasfilm. confirmed it + they put out the logo (yeah, yeah, could be fake)
Okay, it could be another lame joke, but I'm hoping its not, I quite like the new title.
Indy doesn't look right in that costume in the cast images
Dissagree
Marion looks too blow-dried and Hollywood rough to be coming over as really rough and dirty
Agree
there's no real roughiness about it
I'll pass my judgement on that once I see the movie or untill I see actual footage.
I really do hope we get some of that 80's dirt.

I really get all your points Ben, after all it is a very beloved franchise and nobody wants it to end up like DoucheBrothers 6000: The fall of Dan Akroyd.
But for me this is just a case of wait and see, and let us not forget it still is Steven Spielberg (forget about Lucas, he scares me at times).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 10th, 2007, 3:25 pm

I'm scared that Lucas has so much hold over what goes on with the franchise. I mean, Spielberg even had to fight to shoot the thing on <I>film</I>!

Yes, of course we must wait and see...but I still don't think - whatever Paramount and LucasFilm have put out <I>now</I> - that we'll be sitting in theaters and watching <I>any</I>thing called "Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skulls" next May. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 10th, 2007, 3:35 pm

The only thing that still fills me with doubt concerning the title is that it's very long compared to the previous ones.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 10th, 2007, 10:19 pm

Yeah, I don't like the title. If it is real, it should at least be cut down to Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. Not much of an improvement, but at least its shorter!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 11th, 2007, 8:34 am

"Kingdom Of The Skulls" is the popular one doing the rounds.

I think this is like "Blue Harvest", personally, or even "Revenge Of The Jedi".

It's not going to be what we'll be talking about buying on HD-DVD in a year's time. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 11th, 2007, 4:47 pm

I actually like "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" as a title. I mean, "The Temple of Doom" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" were all pretty long as titles go as well. It's like, whose skull? Why is it crystal? Makes you want to know the story.

(Didn't TOD have an alternate title too? "Temple of Hell" or something? :?: )

I think Harrison looks awesome, Karen Allen less so. I'd rather see Kate Capshaw again! :) I also think the idea of him having a sidekick (like early twenties) is extremely stupid not just 'cause it plays into the whole "buddy movie" idea but also because it highlights even more HOW OLD Ford has gotten over the years. :roll:
"Kingdom Of The Skulls" is the popular one doing the rounds.

I think this is like "Blue Harvest", personally, or even "Revenge Of The Jedi".

Why couldn't that have been true for The Phantom Menace? :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 12th, 2007, 12:21 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 12th, 2007, 7:11 am

Hmmm...nothing about helping the Nazis... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 14th, 2007, 11:53 pm

According to AICN, the first trailer might be hitting Beowulf....

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34050