Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 31st, 2007, 5:05 am

I just saw it a second time; again at midnight, again in 3-D .. though, not at the El Capitan. I will catch a 'flat' screening eventually, if only to see the Mickey-Donald-Goofy cartoon, Boat Builders.

Like many 'time-travel' movies, though, it's impossible to have the same 'experience' as the first viewing .. I highly recommend staying as 'spoiler-free' as possible, before seeing it!

For that reason, I won't 'review' MTR just yet .. other than to say I've very much enjoyed it, both times! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » March 31st, 2007, 9:25 am

Yay for Disney! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I had to refresh myself with sleep before I was able to function well enough to type this.

Meet The Robinsons met my expectations and surpassed them! My faith in Disney has been restored. Yes, I'm aware of John Lasseter's supervision, but perhaps he'll help steer Disney back in the right direction. Thank you, John Lasseter! :D

As predicted, Wilbur is my favorite character from the movie. Aaand, the long-awaited answer to my question of "Is Spencer Fox the voice of Wilbur?" is...
...no. Waah. My crush still stands. :D He is off-the-charts charming. But don't worry! Tony Rydinger is securely ranked as my #1. ;) Haha. Yeah, like anybody cares.

Goob won me over instantly.
It's hard to believe that a little kid so adorably pathetic would grow up to become Bowler Hat Guy, but I loved his character, present and future.

A few members of the Robinson family didn't get much recognition, especially Tellulah and Laszlo, who are 2 of the zaniest looking ones. What's their story, huh? :?

MTR has rendered me broke. Heheheh. I left the Disney Store with:

- The Art of Meet The Robinsons
- Lewis, Wilbur, Bowler Hat Guy, Carl, and Tiny mini plushies
- Frankie plushie
- big Tiny plushie
- 2 sets of Disney Store exclusive MTR pins
- Lewis and Wilbur plastic block figures
- all 6 MTR magic towels

...and a Disney Store exclusive kaleidoscope you can only obtain by trading in a ticket stub from 3/30-4/1. I was told that supplies are limited, though. I convinced a cast member to let me keep my ticket under the condition that she'd stamp the back of it. 8)

During my work break, I ran over to Target and bought 2 of the MTR books I've had my eyes on for almost a month (the storybook and the coloring book). Fun for references.

The local newspaper article I posted described Meet The Robinsons as "overloaded with lessons". The theme/phrase of the movie is repeatedly repeated, and even Lewis was sick of it before understanding its meaning, but it was drawn from a Walt Disney quote.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

Nice to see Disney embracing this idea. I hope Meet The Robinsons mirrors the studio's success.

"Keep moving forward." - Cornelius Robinson

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 31st, 2007, 5:14 pm

Saw it again today and I think I may have enjoyed it even more this time. Pluswe had the nw Ratatouille trailer attached which was plasing as the first screening didn't have that. I've also realised I'm in love with Bowler Hat Guy, he's genius.

I'm so jealous of you guys and your 3-D screenings, and all that available merchandise in the Disney store has made me very angry.

P.S. Does anyone else find Franny REALLY attractive?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 31st, 2007, 5:52 pm

Franny was great; I especially liked her 'sing-songy' line, "we need some-one on maa-RAA-caaas!" :)

And I agree with PixarVixen; not enough Lazlo or Tallulah .. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CrewWolf » March 31st, 2007, 8:08 pm

I went to see the movie today (in 3D no less), and I've got to say the Bowler Hat Guy completely won that movie for me. He was just so outrageous yet so sweet. You had to love the guy.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 31st, 2007, 8:46 pm

I saw Robinsons in 3D earlier today and was very impressed by the film. Judging from the crowd's reaction, I wasn't the only one. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 31st, 2007, 9:22 pm

I was so pleasantly suprised with Robinsons,
Bowler hat guy was so damn funny, the animation on him was just superb!!
He's in my list of favourite villains now....if you can really call him a villain :D
Last edited by Jeroen on April 3rd, 2007, 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 1st, 2007, 9:06 pm

Double, no triple ditto to what everyone has said.

I'm kind of sick this weekend so I'll comment more extensively later on this week--

but seriously, this film was....incredible. :)

Oh, and it made me cry.

:wink:

Spoiler! :) :P
(BTW, and this might very well have been intentional--did anyone notice that adult Cornelius/Louis sounded A LOT like Walt Disney? :) )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 1st, 2007, 9:31 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Spoiler! :) :P
Actually,
he sounded like .. Tom Selleck. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 2nd, 2007, 12:01 am

Ahhh, right!! :)

Also, thought this was interesting:

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 8;t=002345

You guys forgot about Jafar and Zig-Zag!! (J/K :P) :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 2nd, 2007, 8:18 am

Did you guys like the new wdfa logo?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » April 2nd, 2007, 10:23 am

droosan wrote:
(BTW, and this might very well have been intentional--did anyone notice that adult Cornelius/Louis sounded A LOT like Walt Disney? :) )
Actually,
Actually,
Cornelius is voiced by Tom Selleck
. 8)

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 2nd, 2007, 1:15 pm

Hey PV, LOVE your new avatar and sig!! :)

But don't worry! Tony Rydinger is securely ranked as my #1. Haha. Yeah, like anybody cares
Aw, that's sweet, you're loyal to your guy!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » April 2nd, 2007, 1:29 pm

Thank you! :D My avatar is from Zazzle.com and my sig was scanned from the <i>MTR</i> storybook.

I'm obsessed with Goob, and lately I've been feeling for him because I can't get any sleep. Heh.

ShyViolet wrote:
But don't worry! Tony Rydinger is securely ranked as my #1. Haha. Yeah, like anybody cares
Aw, that's sweet, you're loyal to your guy!! :)
Haha. Yep yep. ;)

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 2nd, 2007, 2:10 pm

PixarVixen wrote:
droosan wrote:
Actually,
Actually,
Cornelius is voiced by Tom Selleck
. 8)

~~=oP
Hence,
why he sounds like Tom Selleck. (I'd bet Tom Selleck looks like Tom Selleck, too! :lol: )