Over The Hedge

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 21st, 2006, 2:18 am

Going to a press junket for it on Friday the 28th. If anybody has any particular questions they want me to ask of the cast and crew just let me know.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 21st, 2006, 8:40 am

Could you ask what inspired them to make a film-version of the comic?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 21st, 2006, 7:32 pm

Is Flushed Away going to be the preview trailer before the film?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 22nd, 2006, 3:21 am

It will be in release prints, and I'd be surprised if the press didn't get a chance to see it too.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 23rd, 2006, 2:25 pm

Here's a fun still that I found at comingsoon.net:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 26th, 2006, 2:29 pm

OMG I's so happy about this: :D

(From the DW Fansite)

Court Rejects Case Against DreamWorks
19/04/06, 7:54pm EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. won the dismissal of a class-action lawsuit brought by shareholders after lower-than-expected "Shrek 2" home video sales caused the stock to slide.

U.S. District Judge Mariana Pfaelzer granted DreamWorks' request to dismiss the consolidated class-action complaint. Plaintiffs can amend the suit with respect to some of the allegations, but cannot refile claims that DreamWorks misled investors in the prospectus for its 2004 initial public offering.

DreamWorks shares fell as much as 13% on May 11 after first-quarter profit missed analysts' estimates because of the "Shrek 2" video sales.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 26th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Good for DW. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 1st, 2006, 1:47 pm

Now that Bob Iger is CEO of Diz they should reach out to Jeffrey: (the way they did with Roy)

1.) A complete public apology at the next shareholders meeting on behalf of the ENTIRE company for their treatment of him in the last ten years.

2.) Rename the Feature Animation Building after him (whichever one they end up using.)

3.) An offical Disney Treasures DVD detailing all his contributions. (In addition to being restored to books and the 1984-94 DVDs. Including Pocahontas AND The Black Cauldron)

That's my proposal. I'll shut up now. :wink:

(OTH comes out in two weeks, so it's kinda timely.)

Sorry to be repeating myself. :oops:
Last edited by ShyViolet on May 1st, 2006, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 1st, 2006, 6:08 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
2.) Rename the Feature Animation Building after him (whichever one they end up using.)
Er, that probably won't happen...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 1st, 2006, 10:09 pm

Probably not. Well, now back to Over the Hedge. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 2nd, 2006, 10:47 am

Actually, um...NONE of the will ever happen.

The LAST thing the new "happy land" Disney is going to do is dig up old wounds. Look for something more covert, like him being in the VIP area for that recent "Cars" showing. But, to be honest, the new regime have nothing to apologize for.

Restoration to books and DVDs?? Pur-lease, Vi! :)

Some of these things don't sell enough first time around...they are hardly going to re-write/re-design/re-print or re-sell anything like this. True, his contributions may be seen more in full in later DVD re-issues of older titles, but a full Disney Treasure (a proposal that doesn't even make sense since this line deals primarily with Walt-era produced material)??

The word, I think, is "obsession"... ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 2nd, 2006, 6:54 pm

Uh, oh, bad news for DW:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/ap/2006050 ... Hm0IFfVXcA

This is so not good...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 2nd, 2006, 7:49 pm

Oooch. That stinks. :C

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 2nd, 2006, 8:43 pm

but a full Disney Treasure (a proposal that doesn't even make sense since this line deals primarily with Walt-era produced material)??

Well, you guys were just talking on the SOTS thread about how the next Disney Treasures should have Roy's signature. But did Roy EVER actually WORK on a Walt era cartoon?

If it's too much trouble to re-issue all the old stuff just to add Katz in well, why not have a SEPARATE DVD for his contributions?

I'm not trying to be mean or weird or anything....it's just that I don't understand why this was allowed to happen. I know K didn't do everything himself of course, NO ONE can make an animated film alone. It's just that it's well-known that he had a very important role in some of the best Disney animation ever produced (well maybe not as good as the classic stuff true) but for some reason it's O.K. to never talk about it.

What if it was Alan Menken who was purposely erased? Or Ron Clements or Tom Sito? Wouldn't that warrent a "Oops, our bad. That shouldn't have happened." What if Elton John never got credit for any of the songs he wrote?

I'm not holding anyone at the company personally responsible since it was policy for so long for whatever reason....(let's not get into THAT) but it was wrong.

At the very least, JK deserves an apology. In my opinon. I won't bring it up again though..... :wink:

The word, I think, is "obsession"...
:oops: :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2006, 5:14 pm

ShyViolet wrote:But did Roy EVER actually WORK on a Walt era cartoon?

If it's too much trouble to re-issue all the old stuff just to add Katz in well, why not have a SEPARATE DVD for his contributions?

What if it was Alan Menken who was purposely erased? Or Ron Clements or Tom Sito?
Um...Roy worked at the Studio from the 1950s onwards, not in animation it has to be said. BUT...that is besides the point. Roy's sig on the DTs is more a symbolic link to the direct Disney family as opposed to saying that he actually worked on the contents.

Seperate disc of "contributions"?? Vi, I seriously think you've lost it recently. Do you know what JK did/does? He goes around offering suggestions on the movies at all stages. He does not write, he does not direct, he does not involve himself with voice casting.

Sure, he suggests, he sits in, he goes over the material and spearheads it, but he does not do a "job" on these movies. He's overseeing several at a time, all in the hands of very able crew.

A disc of his contributions would be him sitting and watching the films, going "ooh, I thought of that gag"..."that was my line"..."I suggested we changed this, but they fought for it and said no"... Anyone gonna sit through that other than you? I didn't think so.

Again, as for those other people...they couldn't be erased! They created material for these films...they are in the public eye as being attached to these films. Menken WROTE the song music, for instance. JK may well have suggested a lyric to someone, he may well have pushed for more strings on "A Whole New World", but he did not write the song.

You don't keep moaning about how Paramount don't ever talk about his contributions to films such as Star Trek, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, Beverley Hills Cop, etc...but he was there in the same capacity. And what, exactly, does he do at DreamWorks? He does what any other studio exec does...nothing more, nothing less.

Disney (or rather Michael Eisner) asked for his archival contributions to be kept to a minimum (read: cut out, as you know) but Eisner is gone now. I'm sure you will see more and more of JK creep back in as those films get reiussed and reissued, but JK deserves no more of an "apology" as Louie B Mayer or Darry F Zanuck did when they were "fired" and brushed aside by their respective studios - studios they actually founded and help make the powerhouses they became!

The word is still "obsession" Vi...and with the greatest of respect, it's gotten really, really old. :)